Designers Switching Houses & Moving to New Brands

Why would Celine drop Hedi? The only reason men buy Celine is because of him. His vision is so strong and the brand is now Uber desirable. I don’t want to believe it, I would genuinely be sad. I love his Celine Homme sooooooo much

Why would Celine drop Hedi? The only reason men buy Celine is because of him. His vision is so strong and the brand is now Uber desirable. I don’t want to believe it, I would genuinely be sad. I love his Celine Homme sooooooo much
Somebody showed me a report 5 min ago and Céline is at -76% vs LY in a whole country. Imagine. Gucci in that same country is at -40% for what I've seen in that report.

I didn't know it was going that bad! Rumors might be true. They always are.

I totally believe Miss Tweed. You can tell she has insider info from very good sources and that's what people at top levels are talking about. Sometimes several options are considered and it doesn't mean she's lying if what she says doesn't happen, it's just that the brands went for another direction. But I am sure they are considering Pieter (tbh I don't think it would work) and I am sure Hedi wants to leave on a high note. Sales are going down like crazy (I've never seen something like that in my life) and he doesn't need to be there tbh.

are people not buying into his fantasy anymore? i guess thats the problem when their main products are just well made basics, they will be forgotten quickly. On top of my head the things that has reach the mainstream are just mainly celine logo shirts and straps from clothes with the celine logo. Their bags I think remain to be desirable only for those in the know. Doesnt help the CC looks more coach than chanel. They should hire jeremy scott if they wanna be chanel 😁

I can't really figure out a reasonable future for Givenchy. Give it to Jacquemus and let him make separates and twin sets at this point, honestly.

^From what I've heard Jacquemus was approached by LVMH and he refused, even very important brands. I totally agree with you, it's hard to see a bright future for Givenchy.

I think they need to do something very different for it to be a success. The streetwear thing is so out already and so dead. They need something more BCBG.

are people not buying into his fantasy anymore? i guess thats the problem when their main products are just well made basics, they will be forgotten quickly. On top of my head the things that has reach the mainstream are just mainly celine logo shirts and straps from clothes with the celine logo. Their bags I think remain to be desirable only for those in the know. Doesnt help the CC looks more coach than chanel. They should hire jeremy scott if they wanna be chanel 😁
I am super shocked and I think it is super weird because it was a boom, the strategy is more or less the same, the image is consistent... I don't know why all of a sudden they are in this situation of almost -80% vs LY. THATS F****** CRAZY and never ever in my whole life I've seen a big brand drop like that.

Also, Miss Tweed got super accurate info about a brand (info that I know it's 100% true) and people at the brand didn't even know what to do... because they knew it was true. They said it was fake news and rushed to WWD to do an article to kind of deny it in a soft way (not denying it but pretending things were OK). At the end, it was true and what she said happend. So yeah, I am sure she has insider info and that she's right.

Last edited:
even though i was never a fan of hedi's celine i somehow thought it was doing amazingly well specially the last year.

Surprisingly givenchy is still being bought by some people, they just need someone with a really strong aesthetic to bring it back. burton will really do a great job. hopefully lvmh dont think shes too mcqueen like the "insiders" did.

how the f*ck is sarah "too mcqueen" for givenchy? what does that even mean? mcqueen was at givenchy for four years so that doesn't even make sense. what is even the logic here?

I dunno... it makes sense to me. I think Givenchy needs an entirely "new" aesthetic, instead of trying to be a mini-Balenciaga, mini-McQueen, or whatever. More BCBG, just like @Creative suggests.

at the rate mcqueen is going with that last collection, if burton do a mini-mcqueen they wont be a mini at all since that easthetic is gone at mcqueen.

^From what I've heard Jacquemus was approached by LVMH and he refused, even very important brands. I totally agree with you, it's hard to see a bright future for Givenchy.

I think they need to do something very different for it to be a success. The streetwear thing is so out already and so dead. They need something more BCBG.
I dunno... it makes sense to me. I think Givenchy needs an entirely "new" aesthetic, instead of trying to be a mini-Balenciaga, mini-McQueen, or whatever. More BCBG, just like @Creative suggests.
If Givenchy is going to go down the BCBG route than they really need to do it in a way that has a strong aesthetical pulse behind it.

Think of Saint Laurent vs Michael Kors: both brands have similar product offering, but Vaccarello's Franco-Belgian femme-fatales create a much more interesting brand identity than Kors' conservative WASPs.

If Givenchy is going to go down the BCBG route than they really need to do it in a way that has a strong aesthetical pulse behind it.

Think of Saint Laurent vs Michael Kors: both brands have similar product offering, but Vaccarello's Franco-Belgian femme-fatales create a much more interesting brand identity than Kors' conservative WASPs.
Vaccarello/YSL isn't the most urgent issue for Kering right now but suits have been warned of "catastrophic" figures, he is very not safe and did not help his case with the 3 last collection.
What saves him now is just that Gucci and Balenciaga are bigger messes, and they don't have any succession plans.
Also they are fed up with CDs living in L.A. or N.Y.C. while the HQs and studios are in Paris...

What about the rumors of John Galliano returning to a LVMH house?

At least the rumor season is in full swing but regardless of what will turn out to be true, I think the luxury fashion houses that are stable, consistent and predictable will probably benefit from all of this the most.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->