ignitioned32

Mannikin
Reaction score
"Very Chic And Very Rich"
Dianora Salviati's scarves are not for budget-conscious

Thursday, February 05, 2004

WHO: Dianora Salviati, scarf designer extraordinaire

WHERE: Carnegie Hall, NYC, previewing Fall 2004

TOP SPRING SELLERS: ‘Morning Light’ a multi color linen scarf and ‘Swan Ballet’ a silk/cashmere mix in fuchsia and denim blue.

FALL COLLECTION: Includes a mink scarf, which took 30 hours to make, as well as heavy cashmeres, embroidered velvet and feathers. The palette: Browns, blacks, green, a lot of navy and orange. All of Dianora’s designs are handmade on oak looms, each taking around 5 hours to produce. The fabrics are from Italy, where Dianora flits between Milan and Tuscany.

Previously, Dianora worked with Thomas Maier making scarves for his line the last two seasons. “ I love working with Thomas. He is very talented and understated. He has great style and an amazing sense of color. It is truly a fun partnership.”

PRICE: Indeed. At around $1000 apiece, they are made for loaded ladies who like to get around. Even in Dianora’s words, the Salviati customer is “Very chic and very rich.” However, she reminded The Daily “They are expensive but can be worn all year-round and are perfect for traveling.” A perfect case for the cost-per-wear equation.

they are indeed lovely..
very very very lovely
a must have for all real fashioners

yuck. looks like a bad DIY tie-dye job :ninja: And for $1000? Give me a break!

if you want real quality you must indeed pay my dear--- that's the price butbelieve me it's totaly worth it

if you want real quality you must indeed pay my dear--- that's the price butbelieve me it's totaly worth it

are you working for them or something, my dear? :huh:
I wouldn't want to touch them with designs like these.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gxsd
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->