Difference between men's and women's scarves?

darlingnicki

Reaction score
I saw a grey wool Versace scarf yesterday that I really liked over in the men's department at Saks. It was in a case with ties & hats & other manly-type accoutrements.

Anyway, it was really lovely, and I'm going to need a warm wool scarf for the upcoming fall in London, so I was quite tempted to buy it. I was curious, though, is there a big difference in length or width between men's and women's scarves? Not like silk decorative scarves, but with woolen wintery scarves.

I liked it, but I worry people will peg it as a man's scarf and find that funny. :unsure:

Last edited by a moderator:
darlingnicki said:
I saw a grey wool Versace scarf yesterday that I really liked over in the men's department at Saks. It was in a case with ties & hats & other manly-type accoutrements.

Anyway, it was really lovely, and I'm going to need a warm wool scarf for the upcoming fall in London, so I was quite tempted to buy it. I was curious, though, is there a big difference in length or width between men's and women's scarves? Not like silk decorative scarves, but with woolen wintery scarves.

I liked it, but I worry people will peg it as a man's scarf and find that funny. :unsure:

I don't think there is anything about a scarf that would say it's for men or women....and if you hang out with people that would tease you for wearing a men's scarf :blink: ...then maybe you shouldn't hang out with those people :D . I had something similar last year (but just at the Gap :blush: ). The women's scarf had an easily-tangled fringe and dopey sequins, and then men's scarf was just a nice simple cable knit (and the green was a better green than the women's).
Maybe 30 years ago there might have been more of a difference, but now-a-days, woman's scarves can be extra long, extra wide, what have you. If you like it, go for it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rantanplan1980
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->