Dior Men's S/S 2020 by Steven Meisel

Benn98

Reaction score
dior-mens-summer-2020-adv-campaign-by-steven-meisel_1.jpg

Set design by Daniel Arsham
Styled by Melanie Ward.
Rest of the crew are Meisel's regulars (Pat, Guido etc)
Can only ID Kohei Takabatake in the cast.....

WWD

A little bit confusing. Now quite sure what are we advertising here? :smile: On the top of that, it feels extremely sterile…

Why does everyone look so lifeless. Actual mannequins could make this look better.

I'll wait for the pink and purple looks to surface because those were my favourites. This collection as a whole is really solid, pity the shot doesn't reflect that. It's more about Rimowa than anything else.
Maybe it been more effective with the pink floral set used a few seasons ago?

One of them is the show's FW 19 opener, I forgot his name

As someone of a certain age living in Northern Ireland, this is like seeing a bunch of high fashion models sitting around with their oh-so-serious faces... on a failed competitor of Segway that was manufactured on the outskirts of an unremarkable town.

That car got lucky when it was featured in an iconic movie several decades ago, but it's also an enduring symbol of hubris and subsequent failure... perhaps making it an apt vehicle for a fashion advert.

I loved that collection on the runway, sooooo beautiful but I agree: the image is so sterile, NOTHING stands out. All the models look dead, the light is doing absolutely nothing and the car is just there lol but does not bring anything to the image. WHAT THE HELL was Meisel thinking??? It looks like he´s on automatic mode since he stopped working for Vogue Italia. His shoots for British Vogue are very plain too. It´s sad, he´s my favorite photographer but this is not good sorry. Lifeless would be the perfect word for that ad campaign.

The fact that anyone could have shot this. It doesn't help that male models in general are boring either.

The guy in the blue suit is Ludwig Wilsdorff. He's in their current campaign and shows as well.

I hope they use the pink and white sands from the show, it was quite beautiful.

I also wish there was a bit of motion or emotion in the Kim Jones campaigns for Dior. So far, it's been the same models more or less standing around installations by KAWS, Daniel Arsham, etc.

It looks like he's following MGC's boring direction with these campaigns.

Serigne Lam, Ludwig Wilsdorff and Braien Vaiksaar are the other models.

Looks like he was told a specific art direction and he went with it without any questioning.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jonapy
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->