Discussion: The State of Kering

He looked so uncharismatic…
And it was so cringe of him trying to explain the aspirational customers thing.

I was on the verge of closing the video at that point, that was embarassing honestly.

The irony when you think about it...

Now Gucci is in the sewer, McQueen is a joke, Balenciaga is on life support, BV is only safe because they've bigger problems to address...

I was on the verge of closing the video at that point, that was embarassing honestly.

The irony when you think about it...

Now Gucci is in the sewer, McQueen is a joke, Balenciaga is on life support, BV is only safe because they've bigger problems to address...
and in the blink of an eye saint laurent will be snatched up by LVMH :buzz:

It was one of those three
excommunication narrowly avoided

scarlett-johansson-dancing.gif

this is all so fascinating and i'm not sad about it. this was bound to happened and it's about time FHP is answering to his bizarre propositions, greed, and decision-making within the last, say, five years (even though the senescence started before that). i've always been lowkey #teamlvmh; if there's a sale, they'll be there to scavenge the carcass.

if anything, kering need to save and pour energy into its beauty division. that's its lifeline. so, the 2025 perfume launches may be their hail mary.

selling anything would hurt kering even more. mayhoola shouldn't be an option imo because it seems they want to offload what little they have in luxury and focus on tech + other soft power industries like sports and tourism. plus, they're pretty hands off, so they wouldn't want the responsibility of rebuilding a brand. they just want money and prestige but with luxury it may not be worth it in the long run to them.

i wish i was in the position to purchase a brand or few or be on the team interested in purchasing a brand. some of these brands, gucci included, would benefit from a smaller group taking the helm of it. they all need individual attention and with that attention, they're receive the proper room to thrive. in a bigger group, they'll get lost in the crowd/shuffle, except for BV who has good enough bones to be a big contender in a big pond (of LVMH).

whoever buys mcgirrs mcqueen is automatic excommunication no questions asked
his collection isn't in stores yet, thank heavens. i did get my last burton piece tho. beautiful leather motorcycle jacket. i added a black fox trim to the collar. i'm gonna really miss her menswear.

this is all so fascinating and i'm not sad about it. this was bound to happened and it's about time FHP is answering to his bizarre propositions, greed, and decision-making within the last, say, five years (even though the senescence started before that). i've always been lowkey #teamlvmh; if there's a sale, they'll be there to scavenge the carcass.

if anything, kering need to save and pour energy into its beauty division. that's its lifeline. so, the 2025 perfume launches may be their hail mary.

selling anything would hurt kering even more. mayhoola shouldn't be an option imo because it seems they want to offload what little they have in luxury and focus on tech + other soft power industries like sports and tourism. plus, they're pretty hands off, so they wouldn't want the responsibility of rebuilding a brand. they just want money and prestige but with luxury it may not be worth it in the long run to them.

i wish i was in the position to purchase a brand or few or be on the team interested in purchasing a brand. some of these brands, gucci included, would benefit from a smaller group taking the helm of it. they all need individual attention and with that attention, they're receive the proper room to thrive. in a bigger group, they'll get lost in the crowd/shuffle, except for BV who has good enough bones to be a big contender in a big pond (of LVMH).
i think all of 3 : Gucci, YSL, BV, have what it takes to be of interest by LVMH

Gucci is over 100 years and is the Italian LV and has rich history like jackie o bag ; bamboo , scarf done for Grace kelly etc relationship with movies stars past jet setters really used Gucci luggage as they did LV and hermes back then etc you can´t buy that history its marketing/storytelling gold,

YSL is France pride is a HC house and has beauty like its counterpart DIOR and CHANEL, it should be as big as Chanel or Dior in size and prestige.

BV was on its way to be the Italian Hermes then it became fashion with Lee and now its fashion with craft it's a tricky position if they don't build iconic long lasting products that surpass each CD. BV fits now between LOEWE and Loro piana in LVMH roster might not be a good idea.

It comes down to the right mix of CD and brand and long term strategy for each house when it's clicks it goes amazing when something is off its a struggle

LVMH looks at the long term value they can make out of the brands not what it is now or so far done by Kering

at LVMH the house (brand) is nr 1 the CD is a guest at the house.

Kering its the CD & CEO are like a couple moving in and they take over as if its their own house till they get kicked out

Buy Boucheron! I got a watch after I saw @Thefrenchy showing it...Then a few years later I bought Girard-Perregaux watch.(thought Kering decided to quit Haute Horlogerie business and sold it)

I think one of Kering biggest mistakes is that their job offers are super cheap… I’ve never worked for them but they asked me to move to Balenciaga once and another time to Gucci, and their offers are ridiculous. That kind of translates to everything at the end of the day, idk…

I think one of Kering biggest mistakes is that their job offers are super cheap… I’ve never worked for them but they asked me to move to Balenciaga once and another time to Gucci, and their offers are ridiculous. That kind of translates to everything at the end of the day, idk…
They are always full in interns, everywhere you look, they rely way too much on interns.

I don't know what type of job that was but in my experience, that is also done to weed out common people that need living wages and, as a result, might become restless and 'problematic'. This way you can get away with paying someone something symbolic for a city like New York (say, $48k) and it's okay because these are the type of employees that [true story] don't even know when the direct deposit hits every week and live in a $5k/month apartment. That's why their HR focuses in extracting random s*it like where basic education took place, obviously seeing that you just graduated Barnard or whatever, is a green flag, but casually dropping you attended the Brearley School puts you in a whole other league and they know you'll be fine doing a $130k job for $65k.These people, ime, actually come with a great work ethic because their education IS excellent, no issues with punctuality, leaving early, accountability, embracing responsibility or giving less than what they committed to. But they also don't come with any challenging ideas, social ambition, the resourcefulness that comes from knowing hardship, let alone above average creativity, curiosity and thirst for knowledge. You can easily replace them when they leave to get married or work for their families, and the company remains unchanged, not nurtured with new perspectives, just.. still, which is all they wanted but you gotta wonder whether that, in the long run, is that profitable in a competitive world.

^That's so spot on. If you go to any HQs of any big fashion brand in Europe it is like that actually. They just want rich kids that don't need the jobs, that come from very expensive private schools... They do make sure they come from rich families (they aren't ashamed to say it the same way I am saying it either).

It is super sad because most of the time they are clueless. I had an intern last year that was literally like a character from a film... You could tell her IQ was below 50 from the very first moment she opened her mouth. Since she came from a very rich and powerful family they gave her the job.

The fashion world...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NoahGarnet
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->