Discussion: Why Have Kate Moss & Naomi Campbell Endured Such Longevity with the World of Modeling?

Bellesimo

Reaction score
I think it’s surprising and amazing that both are still on the top level of models among the later generations. Both of them is still considered to be on the top of their games, while a lot of their contemporaries have faded out or burned out from fashion industry.

I think it’s very impressive achievements and I don’t think that both of them will fade out from fashion industry soon. Do you think that both will work until 80s or 90s like Hutton or Carmen?

I think in these days I prefer to watch or follow this generation models or newcomers but I can’t accept that both are still good enough to be in the top of their games( different varieties since Kate also has a daughter).

i personally haven't followed naomi's career as much so i can only answer about kate.

kate, even through getting older, motherhood and dating a member of the aristocracy, has kept an idgaf attitude that's got a lot of appeal and is very marketable, i think.

I’d argue that Naomi is in a different category than Kate Moss. Both are legends but Naomi works just as much as a top model 20-30 years younger than her. She’s doing catwalks, editorials, and covers at a rate far outpacing her peers. And my only conclusion is that she’s doing it for much cheaper or not commanding the same rate she did in her prime?

She just had two kids (via surrogacy?) so I think she never really slowed down. I think most models won’t turn down a request for an important enough cover or catwalk but the bigger the model the higher her stipulations for agreeing to do the work (hotel paid for, private changing area for a show, etc) so I can imagine Linda and Cindy saying thanks but no thanks, whereas Naomi is still hungry for work maybe?

Cindy is rich. She can pick and choose. Isn’t modeling Naomi’s main source of income? If that is the case, she has to work hard and shows that she is still a full time model.

Well, I think Naomi still works because she has some kind of an emotional problem caused by rejection of fashion world in the beginning of her career as a young black model. She is really competitive and want to achieve some jobs she couldnt in her early years, like Calvin Klein campaign for example - even she said in The Super Models series she did many CK shows but never did campaign until now. She was always (and still) marginalized as a supermodel compared to Cindy, Linda and Christy and being the last one. She still trying to prove self to the fashion world and whole world she has some or even better model qualities as other girls (Linda, Cindy, Christy).

I mean you heard the rumors just like I did. I assume that stuff is what explains why lots of nobodies are still hanging around … Lady Gaga for instance. James Franco. All these people will get endless chances and will be shoehorned into whatever will have them.

Naomi works more than most top models today. Based on her private life, it's safe to say she prioritized her career over family and relationships. Some people live for their work, just look at Lagerfeld. If she enjoys it and she can still book work then why not?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wwandre
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->