Document #5 F/W 2014 : Daria, Stella, Saskia, Raquel, Binx & Edie

XNine

Reaction score
In honor of its second birthday, Document Journal, the fashion, art, and culture publication that hangs its hat on elevating the conversation surrounding beauty, has recruited a dream team of models, artists, and photographers for six covers and fashion stories. “For this issue we wanted to ask questions,” states the Editors’ Letter written by co-editors in chief/creative directors Nick Vogelson and James Valeri. “In an era when everyone seems to be looking for answers, we feel the real attention should be focused on questions, a seed for our consciousness.” For that task Document went to the artist Gregg Bordowitz—specifically, these questions excerpted from his book Volition, which function as the jumping-off point for the issue’s fashion features:

What does it mean to be an artist in the 21st century?

What does anything mean now if nothing means anything at all?
Does nothing mean anything at all?

How can anything mean something as reflection without being?
Is it possible to become reflection without being?

How does the question of being possess urgency at the moment?

Here, an exclusive look at all six of the covers of the issue, which launches during Paris fashion week.

—Noah Johnson

Daria by Richard Prince, styling by James Valeri
Stella Tennant by Mario Testino, artwork by Isa Genzken
Saskia by Collier Schorr, styling by James Valeri
Raquel by Fabien Baron, hair by Guido, styling by Jay Massacret
Binx by Roe Ethridge, styling by Robbie Spencer
Edie by Richard Bush, styling by Sarah Richardson

style

I want to like Saskia's because the styling is cool and because it's her, but for some reason it's not working for me. Raquel's is interesting. The rest is super boring.

i never really paid much attention to daria's career. i mean i like her as a model, and stuff, but in short i'm not daria's "stalker/fan".....
anyway. she's never been a model that i see "Mert&Marcus glam-ed-up", yeah, but lately i feel like she's going very raw and nature. i feel like all photographers think she might be the only model that can photograph with no make-up and you know she'll be great in the end.
do daria fans can direct me to other stuff she's done with this "no make-up-ish" attitude ... like the ITW spread with Jansson.

I love the raw simplicity of Daria's cover while Saskia's is just so damn badass that I can't help but immediately be drawn to it.

These covers look great especially Daria, Stella and Saskia's except for Edie's.

I like all the covers except Daria's. Binx usually gets on my nerves but hers is probably the best here

binx and edie's are my favourites, this is strange because they are my least favourite models :lol:

I'm mesmerized by Raquel's hand placement - the delicateness and awkwardness it presents. She's like a living marble statue. To quote models.com's blurb of her, "Of such things are icons made."

binx always looks the same on every damn cover, btw

I'm with Saskia, Binx or Edie. The solitary pearl earring on Binx lends a lot of understated elegance to that image.
I'm seriously getting tired of all these 'rough, haggard and simple' Daria shoots (See Karim Sadli/Annie Leibovitz/Mikael Jansson and others). It is becoming extremely redundant and gimmicky. Then again, if she's not stripped of all make-up, then she's ultra glamorous like in those Balenciaga & DVF ads. Just struck a balance.

Can anyone please ID what Saskia is wearing? TIA.

I'm glad that they put a a big orange cross over Testino's cover because that cover is the weakest.

I like Daria's cover and i really love Raquel's. I wish i could like Saskia but there's something off about it.

Great covers, it's too hard to choose one as the best, but i can't dedice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nauseated
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->