Dominique Cohen Jewelry for Target

there was a story in wwd today about her expansion plans, but we have scant info about her line for target.

her line at her boutique in LA runs from at $600, to $35,000

excerpt...

To expand her brand's scope, Cohen needs to reach younger clientele outside of her primary customer base of women aged 30 and over. That's the goal of the black gold collection, the handbag line and the deal with Target. Cohen has agreed to create lower-priced Dominique Cohen jewelry for Target, but declined to disclose details. Her largest two accounts are Saks Fifth Avenue and Neiman Marcus.

is the target line going to be costume then?...
it's so hard to see the individual pieces the way they have them all layered in the pics on her site...:ermm:...

can't really tell...some of it looks pretty good, but then some looks kind of tacky..

press release/bio from target.com

Dominique Cohen Biography

Cohen grew up with an appreciation of luxury and a love of textural design elements. In 1994 she began experimenting with jewelry design, and in 1995she launched her first collection in sterling silver. The collection garnered attention and was sold nationwide in fine department stores and boutiques.

In 1999, Cohen began to work in 18k gold, gems and fine pearls. That same year she opened her appointment-only atelier, on fashionable Robertson Boulevard, which quickly became a favorite spot of stylists and celebrities.

Today the Dominique Cohen brand is sold worldwide in luxury department stores and premium independent fine jewelers. It is featured regularly in film, television, and on the red carpet.

Her collections garner praise for her distinctive design and attention to detail and craftsmanship.

Dominique Cohen will debut an exclusive, limited-edition collection of women’s jewelry for Target. Dominique’s collaboration with Target allowed her to create pieces perfect for the multiple layered look that her fans have come to love. The Dominique Cohen for Target collection will be available nationwide from August 19, 2007, through February 3, 2008, at select Target stores and Target.com. Prices range from $14.99 to $59.99.

i think some of the pieces might be pictured here.
http://pressroom.target.com/pr/news/fashion/accessories/album.aspx?id=3878

I was flying home yesterday and purchased Elle magazine (the August issue) to read during my layover, and in it there was a blurb about this line. It stated that the collection was inspired by Coco Chanel (how original..), and had a picture of a bow necklace.

I have her gold pieces and see no relation to those and her Target line. Her gold pieces are great - they are really subtle and detailed and can be layered nicely. I'll have to see the Target stuff, but I generally prefer fine jewelry to costume.

The stuff is online at Target and I'm definitely not impressed...nothing out of the ordinary, and the prices are a bit much for stuff that doesn't look that great.

i think the stuff is OK. i want the pearly dangly earrings and the bow earrings.

Yeah I'd be interested in seeing the bow earrings. Has anyone seen any of it in person yet?

its available online only but you will see the collection at target store on Aug 19th :smile:

My local Target cheated and put the line out early :wink:. I bought the "Beau Coeur" earrings and the small cameo necklace. The bow earrings are cute...I may get those later.

What are the Beau Coeur earrings like? My target cheated and put the collection out early too but, I don't remember any beau coeur earrings.

They're round and copper in color (with a heart cutout), with French hooks. There are a necklace, ring, and bracelet with the same small medallions too.

I think its cute stuff, reminds me somewhat of Lanvin, very wearable - but I haven't seen it in person.

It looks pretty in person, I really like the display that they have at Target. If I could wear bangles I would totally get the bracelets she has, but my hand doesnt fit through those things EVER. ugh.

Has anyone seen the pearl or beaded necklaces? I'm interested in those for layering, also the lace covered pearls. The single jeweled piece looks nice too.

I saw a few pieces at my local Target...these I found online.. Target did have the necklace in stock, kind of fun, good either long or wrapped twice.. here are the earrings and bracelet.

(photo:target.com)

The bracelet:

51X4MKHdWUL._AA262_.jpg

And the earrings...
(photo:target.com)

51YauJS+WzL._SS260_.jpg

Mixed feelings:huh:

Ciao Bella!

^I'd have to see them in person first, but I like those two pieces more than anything else I've seen from this collection

^I'd have to see them in person first, but I like those two pieces more than anything else I've seen from this collection

The two pieces are a part of a collection that also features a long single strand necklace... The bracelet and earrings are priced under $20 usd, the necklace was under $60. I am going to wait for these to arrive in store..they are 2 weeks out, then who knows, we will see...my concern is simply 'wear' quality...?:flower:

Ciao Bella!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lovetolove
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->