Dries van Noten

this top is great in case anyone is looking...tourist? ^_^
keep in mind it is very oversize. very. xs is a m.

Dries is up on barneys. :woot:
hand painted silver flowers. pleats (is there a name for this specific type?), and op art.
these two jacket and this dress are blowing my mind. beyond beautiful.
if there ever was clothing nirvana, the peacoat is it for me.

Attachments

• 503554166_product_1.jpg
    503554166_product_1.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 4
  • 503554553_product_4.jpg
    503554553_product_4.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 5
  • 503554472_product_1.jpg
    503554472_product_1.jpg
    138.4 KB · Views: 2
  • 503554472_product_3.jpg
    503554472_product_3.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 4
  • 503554949_product_2.jpg
    503554949_product_2.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 5
Last edited by a moderator:
^ Lovely :smile: That looks like smocking to me ... have never seen that sleeve treatment before though.

I managed to get a few pieces of Dries AW/14 recently, including this necklace and top. I'm still hunting down a few other pieces from the collection. I also dropped by Selfridges to see their SS/15 selection - blown away by the fabric choices, colours and prints.

-my own; brownsfashion.com

Attachments

• AW2014 embroidered-jacquard-top.jpg
    AW2014 embroidered-jacquard-top.jpg
    319.9 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_9957.JPG
    IMG_9957.JPG
    194.7 KB · Views: 7
Thank you! The details are sublime, it is a timeless piece. Just waiting (impatiently :blush:) for the sleeves to be shortened so that I can wear it.

monkey in dries

monkey_01.jpg

monkey_02.jpg

fashionpress

i've really started to fall back in love with dries now that he has moved away from all the bright florals and gone back to his darker side...
so many nice things it's hard to choose...

:heart:

I can't say I ever bought anything from Dries that were so specific to any one collection ("That's so SS13."), but if this shirt were in my local Barney's, I'd take it. This shirt reminds me: I need more linen in my life. src: mrporter.
808859_mrp_in_l.jpg

I love big, chunky coffee-table books from my favorite designers, so this one, I'll definitely get. (src: amazon.com)

•Limited edition box with a full overview of all Dries Van Noten's collections and more than 2000 photos
•An exclusive look into Dries Van Noten's 30-year career
•With new texts by Dries Van Noten and internationally renowned fashion journalists Tim Blanks and Susannah Frankel

"Dries Van Noten is one of the world's most successful independent designers. An original member of the Antwerp Six, the group of Belgians who transformed the city into a locus of avant-garde fashion in the mid-1980s." - Vanessa Friedman, The New York Times
"Fashion shows are really my way of communication" - Dries Van Noten, Fashion Talks, French Institute Alliance Française

100 collections from the Belgian master fashion designer Dries Van Noten, gloriously compiled in two books, brought together in a unique box. With his eclectic designs that flawlessly combine different styles, his eye for detail, his typical colors, prints and shapes, this fashion designer stands out internationally. This box not only contains the updated version of the collector's item Dries Van Noten 0-50, but also the long-awaited successor Dries Van Noten 51-100. Discover the world of Dries Van Noten in all its dimensions.

Published on the occasion of the 100th Dries Van Noten fashion defile.

41vvp6JWLGL._SX379_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

saw a documentary about him recently...
really good...i recommend it...

i think it's just called DRIES...

He’s opening up in Los Angeles.

I can see a whole slew of celebrities in his wares, which hasn’t been his “thing”. Is this a Puig thing?

A SF store, where the market is lesser than what you’d find in NYC or LA, seems more fitting IMO.

Eh, I haven’t bought designer in years, so I can be totally off about all of this.

^ in the former Opening Ceremony spot lol.. this will not go down well with the 18-25 group. :lol:

I don't think it will become a celebrity spot or that it will increase his popularity.. we'll see but he does way too many Oscar de la Renta-looking florals these days and added to the lack of logo and buzz/publicity, I don't think it will be that popular among those seeking to be 'approved' as fashion personalities (that's more Saint Laurent, Balenciaga..).

I've been looking everywhere for a very specific bag that only exists in my head and that Dries Van Noten came close to making, and I saw they have dinnerware.. so.. when the time comes and I have patience for LA (and crave some covid with typhus cocktail), I shall pay a visit. I'm not into his recent clothes but, SURPRISE ME, DRIES :zorro:.

Why would he pick that area though... anything past Fairfax is just.. painful.

Yes that location is so weird! tbh I'd rather he take the place of that Mansur Gavriel on Melrose but that's just wishful thinking :P

The only real item I know of from Dries Van Noten are a pair of canvas wedge sneakers from the 2000s that I thought were very nice. Other than that, my knowledge of this designer is very limited.

So he's launching fragrance + a lipstick line? We just want pretty clothes, and, maybe, a sleek runway show. Nice bottles, though.

EDP-COMP.jpg

So he's launching fragrance + a lipstick line? We just want pretty clothes, and, maybe, a sleek runway show. Nice bottles, though.

EDP-COMP.jpg

Considering who owns him it make sense. His fragrance for Frederic Malle years ago was very chic…
But I hope Puig is not too ambitious tho. I remember Lanvin under Alber Elbaz had exquisite fragrances but it never really worked despite all the great efforts made.

Considering who owns him it make sense. His fragrance for Frederic Malle years ago was very chic…
But I hope Puig is not too ambitious tho. I remember Lanvin under Alber Elbaz had exquisite fragrances but it never really worked despite all the great efforts made.
This whole thing has Puig written all over it...red 100 emoji. I was seriously hoping he'd be the one designer that can sign on to these multi-brand conglomerates, and yet still have the know-how to say No to whatever projects they throw his way. While the fragrance can make a nice complement to his work, I highly doubt his fans ever asked for a tube of lipstick.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theaucourant
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->