Dries van Noten

tinetush, can you try them on and return if necessary? worst case is they might be narrow but if length is the issue and you are comfortable going barefoot in them, worth a try. i love the look of the sneaker/shoe hybrid and they are so hard to find new.

i started a dries run this spring, the black and white trees print on the pants clicked when i saw them, and these i will wear often, they are the right balance of print, textile and a cropped cut. the tote makes me feel like i am in the forest, feeling the warmth of the suns rays...so its my summer bag.

selfridges opened a boutique for Dries. the pictures are from the Dries Van Noten website.

Attachments

• IMG_0119[1].jpg
    IMG_0119[1].jpg
    287.1 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_0118[1].jpg
    IMG_0118[1].jpg
    296.7 KB · Views: 7
  • P0157[02]_17-02-12.JPG
    P0157[02]_17-02-12.JPG
    322.3 KB · Views: 12
  • P0158[01]_17-02-12.JPG
    P0158[01]_17-02-12.JPG
    304.7 KB · Views: 19
Last edited by a moderator:
So has anyone bought anything from the current season? I was rather in love with all the plaid shirts, but I fell *hard* for this outfit ... ended up ordering both the cape jacket and skirt

pic src: http://centocosekakegawa3.hamazo.tv/

Attachments

• 378G3353.JPG
    378G3353.JPG
    205.6 KB · Views: 24
i actually tried that top on tourist...
jacket, vest, cocoon, whatever you call it...
:P

it's def cute...
also comes in a sweatshirt fabric which i tried in grey...
nice selection...
i approve...
:mohawk:...

it comes in a denim jacket version too and with beading. super nice choices tourist. that black floral skirt is pretty dreamy on you as are the black slingbacks. i can only imagine how hard it must have been to leave without an armload...i've been back twice already to see it. i tried a black top on with a cinched waist, the print of your skirt on the back and gathering down along the front, it was in the same vein as the ivory/blue/red plaid dress seen on the runway but having already bought 4 pieces i couldnt bring myself to empty anymore of the piggy bank...just yet. i need to breath and regroup because so much is so special it would be easy to go overboard (idk maybe i already have...)

the darker plaids and the small check sent me over the edge.
did you see any of the pieces in the smokey grey floral in sheer silk? its another beautiful print this season.

tending towards darker colors i picked up:
a scarf with black/white check and smokey grey flowers
the check slingbacks
trousers with brown quilted floral front and burgundy/navy plaid back back
two tops one a metallic tunic and the other a plaid sheer short sleeve only in cotton not the crunchier silk (i found those fit huge and very long for a petite frame)

btw, is that a Dries flagship?
enjoy your new clothes, you look beautiful in them.

thanks soft and lucky!
lucky - that's actually not a picture of me but from a store's blog (I posted a link above). I fell in love with the outfit and tracked down the 2 pieces. The stores near me have been rather depleted, I think there's not a plaid shirt to be found anywhere! Seems like the collection is selling really well. I did try the sheer silk plaid shirt (the crunchy one, like you said), and though it's lovely, it wasn't for me. I really liked that sheer cotton, it seems really airy. The floral prints this season are great, I've seen the smokey greys, they are so beautiful, not too sweet. Your picks sound dreamy, I'd love to see a picture of the tunic and plaid shirt!

I also got a very simple oversized grey vneck cashmere sweater and a pair of leopard print flat sandals. I'm very much "done" despite wanting a lot more.

i'll take some pics this weekend and you too when they arrive...
i actually have two of the same tunic since i decided to keep the smaller size...this is what Dries does to me, he makes my head spin...in a good way.

i saw that sweater and must give you a nod for getting it because it sets off the whole tone so well, and his knits are meant to last a lifetime.

I'd love to see both of your recent purchases ^_^

I have not really been taken with this season's pieces...So far only bought one dress and have two pairs of shoes on my shopping list (the crocodile wedges and checked pumps). I am also debating the cape in the sweater-esque material.

Probably a good thing that I don't have much in mind this season...I'm slowly running out of space for my Dries collection :blush:.

I also bought these two skirts, this week ...

-ebay.be; bagheera

Attachments

• DvN FW2010 skirt.JPG
    DvN FW2010 skirt.JPG
    25.2 KB · Views: 4
  • DvN brush stroke skirt.JPG
    DvN brush stroke skirt.JPG
    39.5 KB · Views: 3
  • Hobby Check Stripe print dress 1.jpg
    Hobby Check Stripe print dress 1.jpg
    172.4 KB · Views: 3
^ i'm so glad you bought that dress lulu..it's the ideal summer dress.

luckyme, did you get those pants that are quilted in the front and plaid in the back?
i finally saw them in person today and i kinda loved them, but the store was about to close so i had to go...

tourist, i love what you picked...
they had the skirt at saks...

luluposh, that first skirt is divine, still on my wishlist...

Kimair,
I did, and have worn then quite a few times already. Truthfully didn't expect to like them as much as I did until I put them on...but, they did fit slimmer than Dries usually does, I went up a size....so def try them on. Btw, have you tried the silk pajama pants? I wonder if they are really long?

^ That was true for me about the size as well. I used to love prints, but I am becoming much more print-averse as I get older ... I thought there were a pair of just floral pants on the runway in the navy/pink quilted silk, but I haven't seen those. I think the floral by itself I might have been able to do ...

Kimair,
I did, and have worn then quite a few times already. Truthfully didn't expect to like them as much as I did until I put them on...but, they did fit slimmer than Dries usually does, I went up a size....so def try them on. Btw, have you tried the silk pajama pants? I wonder if they are really long?

ah good to know...i'd love to see a modeling pic!
the store only had a 38 (which is my usual dries size), so i'll probably need a 40...

i have tried on the silk pajama pants and they are definitely long (i'm about 5' 4 1/2" on a good day)...
the ones i tried had the silk seam near the bottom, so i think it would look a bit strange to hem...

Prints...my take, especially on florals, is usually to stay far far away but when theyre done in such a way as this i feel invited in, not shocked. the landscape and cityscape prints were presented through the photographers lens (tranquil) this season actually feels more like a smokey den in its earthiness. Does that make sense fashionista-ta? Easier to wrap your head and (body) around...

Kimair, I had a feeling about the length, thank you so much for that info. There's a good chance I'll wear tomorrow, if so, I'll photo.

I got the burgundy silk plaid sheer shirt...had to wait forever it seemed for my boutique to get it. I also fell in love w the orange plaid shirt but it had sold out everywhere and I had to get the "bedazzled" version for much more. But I love it :smile: :smile:

There's a lovely striped blue shirt I'm eyeing for fall :smile:

black floral, etc, etc... :flower:.

Attachments

• IMG_7918.jpeg
    IMG_7918.jpeg
    471.9 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_9389.jpeg
    IMG_9389.jpeg
    488.3 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_8560.jpeg
    IMG_8560.jpeg
    450.4 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_8465.jpeg
    IMG_8465.jpeg
    459.3 KB · Views: 3
  • group.jpg
    group.jpg
    497.4 KB · Views: 13
  • shoes.JPG
    shoes.JPG
    493.8 KB · Views: 8
Prints...my take, especially on florals, is usually to stay far far away but when theyre done in such a way as this i feel invited in, not shocked. the landscape and cityscape prints were presented through the photographers lens (tranquil) this season actually feels more like a smokey den in its earthiness. Does that make sense fashionista-ta? Easier to wrap your head and (body) around...

Oh, I totally get the appeal of this print to a non-floral print person :wink: It varies by piece depending on how the fabric is used, but on some of them it comes across as a solid with a few flowers scattered across it ^_^

It sounds like from what you're saying/your pix that I was confused, and the colorway I liked is black, not navy. I have checked out what little there is locally, but with Barney's gone, there's noplace to see this. Who knows, maybe it was bought and is just sold out. These are the ones I liked on the runway ...

Was just looking at the slideshow, and your shoes looked just fantastic!

Attachments

• Dries quilted pants.jpg
    Dries quilted pants.jpg
    396.6 KB · Views: 5
these are the ones i got a size larger so they are slouchy, not fitted as seen on the runway.

yes, ta-ta, black floral not navy. you can find those here but they run true to size, even a bit roomy.

Attachments

• IMG_0809[1].jpg
    IMG_0809[1].jpg
    434.3 KB · Views: 25
^ thanks for the link!! good to know these were produced. (Kind of under the impression Dries pieces are generally produced, but I hadn't seen hide nor hair of these ...)

The ones you got I tried on in a size up from the Dries pants I own, but I wouldn't call the fit slouchy on me :wink: They were still pretty fitted, except for some 'slouchiness' just at the break of the leg.

luckyme, I love your purchases! I'm surprised by how much I like the s/s plaid shirt, I think the colors are just beautiful. And the scarf is really special. I think we both are quite enamored by that floral on black print!

i'm curious where you buy your Dries from?
me: brick and mortar - Saks, Nordstrom, Barneys, IF, Weathervane, Jackstraw, Maxwell, Blake
online: mytheresa, cahierdexercices, edonmanor

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theaucourant
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->