Dry shampoo

Birgit

Reaction score
I want to avoid damaging my hair. I've read a couple of places that dry shampoo will help. Is this true? Is it something you would recommend, and is it an acceptable alternative to normal showering?
My hair gets greasy pretty fast, but if I wash my hair every day my hair will get damaged faster. So, do you have any tips?

(I searched to see if there was any information about this already, but I couldn't find anything.)

i have the dry shampoo from rene furterer and it's pretty good. i have dry damaged hair with greasy roots and i used to wash my hair everyday but like you, it dried it out more with the frequent washing. so i started using that and it prolongs washing for at least a few days.

I use Klorane's dry shampoo (it's amazing) but I only use it on my roots where my hair can get really oily. I have to say, I love not having to wash my hair everyday, regardless of whether or not I am decreasing the damage. When I did wash my hair daily, I never really washed the ends so I haven't noticed any difference since I started using dry shampoo.

My hair gets greasy really quickly as well. I don't like to wash it everyday, so dry shampoo is the best option. It's not an alternative to washing your hair, but it does do a pretty decent job of getting hair to look a little more fresh and less oily. I've tried all sorts of brands from the very expensive to the very cheap, and I'd have to say that my 2 favourites are amongst the cheapest I've tried, which are Batiste and Tresemme. The tresemme is newer and may be a little more difficult to find, but I Batiste is pretty widely available, I think.

My hair will stay nice for about 3-4 days after washing, but sometimes that 4-5th day morning is one where I'd LOVE the extra sleep time, so I'll use dry shampoo. I use the Tresemme one. I normally hate that brand, but my friend made me try it and it worked decent.

While I don't consider it an alternative to washing, it's really nice even just as a little extension.

I use dry shampoo to give volume to my hair without having to endure the stickiness of hairspray or mousse.

I use Batiste, and started out using the standard product, which sprays a white powder, but even brushing it in well, I found that it would sometimes cause a 'dandruff' effect on the scalp, so I switched to the coloured spray for brunettes, and haven't had a problem since.

I've been tempted to get the shimmer spray in gold, but from what I've read about it, it seems to deposit particles of glitter rather than a give a subtle sheen (batistehair.co.uk:(

Attachments

• Range.jpg
    Range.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 5
I use dry shampoo to give volume to my hair without having to endure the stickiness of hairspray or mousse.

I use Batiste, and started out using the standard product, which sprays a white powder, but even brushing it in well, I found that it would sometimes cause a 'dandruff' effect on the scalp, so I switched to the coloured spray for brunettes, and haven't had a problem since.

I've been tempted to get the shimmer spray in gold, but from what I've read about it, it seems to deposit particles of glitter rather than a give a subtle sheen (batistehair.co.uk:(

Do you find that if you use the brunette spray you end up with mucky pillows? I've heard about this happening from a friend or somewhere... I just bought new bedding so I don't want to risk that :blush: but the white stuff never rubs in well enough for me and I always find it really noticeable in two of my friends roots! Not that I point it out to them :innocent:

Well, I use it on clean hair, a light touch to give a bit of body, but I think if you were using the coloured spray heavily all over your head to eradicate grease, you might get that messy problem.

I do find that when you wash your hair, in the first rinse after applying shampoo, the water turns dark as the powder comes out, so the potential is there for it to transfer. But I've not seen that happen yet with the amount I've been using - and the bedding sets I currently have are pastel, so I'd be sure to notice.

I have dark brown hair and I never see any white roots with Klorane's (provided I don't use too much, but even then it disappears after a short while). I used another brand before (I think it was Oscar blandi?) and it was awful - a powdery, grey, smelly mess.

I had no idea Tresemme did dry shampoo. I'm pretty happy with the heat protectant, but I haven't seen the dry shampoo anywhere...

Dry shampoo isn't intended to be used as a replacement for regular washing. It can extend a wash for a day or two at the very most but you'll start to get product build up. Dry shampoo doesn't remove the dirt from your hair and scalp so its pretty unhygienic as well.

Shampooing your hair everyday will not cause damage as long as you are using the right products and method.
Use a wide toothed comb on dry hair before showering (dry hair is less likely to break). Wet your hair then gently massage shampoo into the roots and scalp and then scrunch it through the ends and mid lengths. Apply conditioner to mid lengths and ends only by using the same scrunching as before.

re: Tresemme

I tried this^, called "fresh start", It doesn't work or for my friends.. Feels actually like a liquid than powder. Friend with almost waist-length hair says it gives body for like an hour, then falls flat and gets oily right after

I used baby powder before and loved it.. My hair has that body and also "control", which I really liked --but made my hair grey :ninja: Actually looked really good grey because my hair is so dark but I'm not that age yet so I thought it would look weird

If the hair gets oily quickly, that must mean it dries out fast right? What are the options for washing your hair that doesn't dry it out? Maybe baby shampoo? :blink: Sort of off-topic but seems it would be good for this thread too since several of us have oil issues

^Wash your hair less frequently is the only way to give your scalp a break. I just prolong the days between washes with dry shampoo, it can't replace a good wash IMO.

^Wash your hair less frequently is the only way to give your scalp a break. I just prolong the days between washes with dry shampoo, it can't replace a good wash IMO.

I agree.

Also, eventually your scalp will adjust to a more tolerable oil production after a while.

Best Dry Shampoo and Best Conditioner

What is your favorite dry shampoo? After a day, my roots are so greasy and it really weighs my hair down and makes it look thin.

Does anyone have any brands that they swear by for dry shampoo? My friend uses Suave..but I was hoping for a more professional product.

Also, what is the best condition you've ever used? I've been using Aussie, but I just read that it's actually not good for your hair! So now I need a new one :smile:

I have heard that TIGI makes the best dry shampoos!
Well, this is not really a dry shampoo TIGI bed head candy fixation sugar dust root lifting powder
(what a name....:lol::shock:)
TIGI Candy Fixations Sugar Dust is a styling, micro-texturizer from TIGI. The perfect quick fix for style problems and an instant lift.

TIGI Candy Fixations Sugar Dust absorbs your hairs oil so that you can achieve a textured look with ease. For a layered look apply Sugar Dust throughout your dry hair, and use your fingers to get the best results.

Gorgeous says this micro-powder texturizer is the perfect solution to all of your flat hair worries. The perfect size to carry in your handbag, so you can achieve quick and easy volume wherever you are, especially during party season!

Directions of Use:
  • Sprinkle into roots and tease hair for instant volume
  • Sprinkle throughout hair for a layer, texturised volume lift
gorgeusshop.co.uk

I did try it and it works well!!

When it comes to dry shampoo, I think what makes the most difference is choosing a coloured one, so that it blends into your hair, instead of giving you that white-powdered 'Marie Antoinette' look.

In other respects, because dry shampoos are based around cheap ingredients such as corn starch, it seems to me that when you buy an expensive brand, you're paying for hype rather than performance, although that would be nothing new in the world of beauty.

What would motivate me to spend a little more on a product is an improved scent, because some of the cheaper brands have a distinctive smell, but adding perfume and other such touches still wouldn't truly account for the inflated price of dry shampoo in some haircare lines.

I use Batiste in brunette, and never had a problem with performance, but I will say, when you wash it out, it colours the water and can stain your towels, although it always rinses away.
Posted via Mobile Device

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
am061890
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->