ELLE MAN France #1 : Matthias Schoenaerts by Paul Schmidt

Thefrenchy

Reaction score
aDb6J2x.jpg

Belgian actor Matthias Schoenaerts fronts the cover of Elle Man, a new magazine being launched by French media group Lagardère — Elle’s publisher in France — starting next month.

The headline reads: “The New Brando.”

“He has a great style and potential — just like the magazine,” Elle Man editor in chief Edouard Dutour told WWD.

There are other commonalities. Schoenaerts, of “Rust and Bone” fame, is 35 years old — the magazine’s core age target, added Dutour.

Erin Doherty, fashion editor in chief of French Elle, oversaw three shoots in the premiere issue, such as one on denim featuring rapper Theophilus London and DJ Kodinski.

Other contributors include comics artist Joann Sfar and author Marc Dugain, who wrote a satirical piece called “Bill Clinton, First Lady.”

Elle Man is set to hit newsstands on Thursday with a circulation of about 150,000 copies. The first issue has 194 pages, of which 50 is advertising from the likes of Dior and Yves Saint Laurent fragrance. The cover price will be 3.50 euros, or $4.70 at current exchange.

A second edition is slated for sometime early in 2014, and Lagardère plans to publish the magazine as a bimonthly from then on.

Dutour said he hopes up to 20 percent of Elle Man’s readers will be women.

The new magazine comes hot on the heels of Lui and Vanity Fair France, which hit newsstands over the past few months.

- WWD.COM

god. what a cover subject. drool-worthy! i can't wait what this is going to look like.

Clean. However, the cover seems a bit narrow.

It's not the most exciting cover I've seen but there's something about it that makes me like it.

Yay, he's handsome. Belgium's tiny but sometimes we get the good stuff :P!

Looks like the cover of a pamphlet you would read at your doctors office.

^ loool so true. This cover is REALLY bland!

unique cover but the fact that am buying ELLE man just seems odd it sounds like female man

Cute little puppy. I totally want this man. But... where is the fashion??!!

They should have called it "IL"

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bastianvek
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->