F/W 2024.25 & Cruise 2025 Open Discussion Thread

LadyJunon

Reaction score
Information concerning the upcoming Milan Menswear Shows:
• Shows will run from Jan. 12 to 16
• Sabato de Sarno will present his debut menswear collection for Gucci on Jan. 12
• Stone Island is staging their first show on Jan. 12
• Etro is skipping their menswear show in favour of releasing a tailoring collection on Jan. 14 and holding a co-ed show during the Womenswear shows
• Moschino is absent from the schedule
• Tod’s collection, showing on Jan. 14, will be designed by the design studio with Matteo Tamburini’s debut taking place in February
What to Expect From Milan Men’s Fashion Week in January
Sabato De Sarno’s menswear debut for Gucci, Stone Island’s first fashion show, the new Woolrich Black Label by Todd Snyder and presentations from emerging brands Mordecai and Institution are among the 74 appointments in calendar.

By SANDRA SALIBIAN
DECEMBER 13, 2023, 12:15PM

MILAN — The upcoming edition of Milan Fashion Week is set to open with a bang, according to the preliminary schedule presented by the Italian fashion chamber on Wednesday.

Running Jan. 12 to 16, the event will kick-start with Sabato De Sarno debuting his menswear vision for Gucci at 3 p.m. CET. Sandwiched between Billionaire and the Dsquared2 coed fashion show, Stone Island will also stage its first runway show later that day in the city’s La Cattedrale industrial space.

“As we embark on this next chapter for Stone Island, Milan Men’s Fashion Week provides us with the platform to gather our community together and share Stone Island’s new manifesto, which speaks to the unique legacy, values and mission of this iconic brand,” said Robert Triefus, the former Gucci executive who was appointed chief executive officer of the Moncler-owned outerwear company earlier this year.

On the presentation front, the inaugural day will feature Brunello Cucinelli, Boglioli and the debut in the official schedule of emerging label Mordecai, launched earlier this year by former Moncler designer Ludovico Bruno. As reported, Kiton will also stage the “Tailoring School. A Journey Into Education” showcase in partnership with the Triennale Milano museum to celebrate its in-house academy and spotlight the importance of craftsmanship and the training of a new generation of tailors.

The following day will mark the turn of the likes of Fendi, Emporio Armani, MSGM, Neil Barrett and Philipp Plein to stage their fashion shows, while the Woolrich Black Label by Todd Snyder will make its debut via a presentation format.

As reported, Etro earmarked Jan. 14 to unveil its new men’s tailoring collection, cutting the ribbon of its first store exclusively dedicated to the line and the made-to-order service in Milan’s Via Montenapoleone. The fashion house will skip a runway event this season, opting for a coed show in February.

Moschino is also missing from the schedule, as it already presented its men’s fall 2024 collection this month, alongside its women’s pre-fall 2024 range. The lineup was conceived by an in-house design team, while the creative helm of the brand remains vacant after the tragic and sudden death of Davide Renne.

Also in a transitional phase as it awaits for Matteo Tamburini’s start in February, Tod’s will present its men’s fall 2024 collection on Jan. 14. The day will be packed with the much-anticipated shows of Prada at 2 p.m. CET and JW Anderson at 7 p.m. CET as well as other debuts. These will include the first show in Milan of Pronounce, the Shanghai-based fashion label founded by Yushan Li and Jun Zhou; the launch of Institution, the solo brainchild of Act N.1’s former designer Galib Gassanoff; and the first men’s collection by footwear label Stuart Weitzman, among others.

Giorgio Armani and Zegna will reprise their usual time slots on Jan. 15, with the former staging its show at 11 a.m. CET at its storied headquarters on Via Borgonuovo, and the latter securing the 3 p.m. CET timing but not disclosing details on the location yet.

Filippo Grazioli will also present his latest menswear effort for Missoni that day, along with Dhruv Kapoor, Lessico Familiare and indie brand Noskra.

As per post-pandemic tradition, the closing day will feature only digital showcases — mainly from indie brands — rounding the total number of appointments in the schedule across shows, presentations and events to 74.

Assessing the ever-increasing impact of Milan Fashion Week on the economy of the whole city, the local municipality said that the event in September broke records, generating 88 million euros in sales across restaurants, transportation, hotels and other services.

The Italian fashion chamber’s chairman Carlo Capasa offered updated sales projections for 2023, instead. Sales generated by the country’s fashion and linked industries (including textiles, clothing, leather goods, footwear, jewelry, eyewear and cosmetics) are expected to grow 4 percent to 102.8 billion euros compared to last year.

Capasa underscored that sales of men’s apparel and accessories specifically grew 5 percent versus last year and account for 20 percent out of the total sales generated in these product categories.

The cautious forecast of the overall sales for the current year is the result of a slowdown registered in the third quarter of 2023. The retail channel showed particular fatigue, with sales of apparel down 4.7 percent and 5 percent in September and October, respectively, and footwear sales decreasing 3.4 percent and 3 percent in the same months.

According to data shared by the organization, overall sales projections for 2024 will follow this year’s increase rate and be up between 3 percent and 4 percent.

As for exports in 2023, they are projected to grow 5 percent to 90.6 billion euros in 2023, versus last year.

In the first eight months of 2023, exports continued to be a key driver for the industry, increasing 6.3 percent overall, but at a different speed according to the different categories. In the core sectors — textiles, clothing, leather goods, footwear — they were up 3.2 percent, while they climbed 16 percent in the jewelry, eyewear and cosmetics categories, compared to the same period last year.

The top destinations for Italian fashion in the period were France, Germany and the U.S., followed by Switzerland and China.
Source: WWD

• Sabato de Sarno will present his debut menswear collection for Gucci on Jan. 12
But he did present some merch during one of Hollywood's stunts so why bother? I had pasta today and can tell you guys there will be a white suit, a burgundy suit and a neon coat. Loafers too.

I am just waiting for Prada so I can write how much disappointed I am.

I thought Tod's menswear was lookin' good in recent seasons. And now they have a new designer? :wacko:

I have added the menswear schedules for both Milan Fashion Week and Paris Fashion Week, here.

Zegna has really been rising up the ranks. Im falling in love with their clothes. Zegna really understands their job as fit-in and bridge pieces to pair with other brands. Zegna understands their supporting role and that nobody comes to Zegna for statement show stoppers. I prefer it over Brunello who sometimes I find too decadent for my tastes. Zegna has a practicality about it that invites being worn.

I'm not familiar w/ the new designer at Zegna..Alessandro Sartori. So he used to do the Z Zegna line? That, I do remember, and that looked fantastic, too. Looking at his spring '24 collection, his eye for cut & textiles looks to be top-notch. I can see his Zegna being on par w/ Lemaire.

Plus, he just looks like a guy whose style I can trust. I'm a fan.

We have the schedule for the New York shows in February:
Everything is the same as last season with the exception of the addition of LdSS and the return of Thom Browne.
A more precise rundown of what to expect for NYFW:
• Helmut Lang opens the week on 09.02
• Monse and Coach are returning to the schedule on 10.02 and 12.02 respectively
• LdSS will hold his NYFW debut on 11.02
• Delpozo is relaunching under new ownership with a series of presentations on 11/12.02
• Luar has been moved to 13.02
• Thom Browne closes the week on 14.02
• Peter Do is absent from the schedule and it's unknown whether he'll continue to show in Paris
• Several other brands, including Ralph Lauren, Theory, Palomo Spain, Dion Lee are also absent from the schedule
The NYFW Schedule Is Here: Thom Browne Is Back, Ludovic de Saint Sernin Makes a Surprise Appearance

BY JOSÉ CRIALES-UNZUETA

January 10, 2024

Pitti Uomo has just kicked off, with Milan and Paris men’s shows right behind it, and the couture collections are imminent, but nothing puts us back into the grind state of mind like the CFDA’s release of the New York Fashion Week schedule. For fall 2024 the American calendar will start at noon on February 9—yes, a little earlier than usual—and close with a 5PM showcase on February 14–yes, also a little earlier than usual.

The headlines: Peter Do will once again jumpstart NYFW with Helmut Lang, and CFDA chairman Thom Browne will return to his hometown, after a couture debut in Paris, to close the week. In between, Ludovic de Saint Sernin will stage his first-ever show outside of France here in NYC on February 11 at 8PM—showgoers will have to choose between this special event and Usher’s Super Bowl Halftime Show. “It’s always been a dream of mine to do a show in New York,” said De Saint Sernin in an interview. The Paris-based designer counts the US as his biggest DTC market. “Now feels like the right time for me to finally tend to my community there and give them my best work. I feel like it will be my most important collection since my first.”

About his return to NYFW, Browne shared: “New York will always be home. It’s important that the world sees the creativity and diversity here during New York Fashion Week.” Luar’s Raul Lopez, who closed the New York schedule for the last three seasons, is moving to February 13 at 9 PM. Whether Browne will return to Paris for his usual dates—men’s in June and ready-to-wear in September, or for another couture show in July—remains to be seen. “It has always been important for me to show my collections in New York and Paris,” said the designer. “Everyone should do what makes the most sense for them. For me it’s an opportunity to show the world on a different stage the power of American fashion.”

Câllas, the label launched in 2021 by Derek Lam’s partner, Jan-Hendrick Schlottman, is debuting on the schedule, as are Jane Wade, Meruert Tolegen, and Bishme Cromartie. Returning to the show schedule are Libertine; Coach, which celebrated Stuart Vevers’s 10th year anniversary off-schedule last season; and Interior, AnOnlyChild, and Theophilio, all three of which launched collections digitally last season. Monse, the label helmed by Oscar de la Renta’s Laura Kim and Fernando Garcia, will stage a runway comeback, as will Delpozo, which is returning to the NYFW fold to celebrate its 50th anniversary. The Spanish brand is re-launching under new ownership with Enrique Mellado and Joaquin Trias at the helm, and the duo will host a series of small presentations on February 11 and 12.

Peter Do, the label, is off the schedule, having decamped to Paris in September—no word yet if Do will continue with this cadence. Connor McKnight, who showed digitally last NYFW, will be presenting his collection at Paris menswear on January 20. Also missing from the schedule are Ralph Lauren and Gypsy Sport, both of whom had returned to the schedule in September. Private Policy will show off-schedule on February 8, while Who Decides War is also giving Paris a try. Priscavera and Staud are downsizing to appointments, while Theory, Palomo Spain, Dion Lee, Studio 189, Colin Locascio, and Kozaburo are amongst the names that showed at NYFW during the spring 2024 season that are MIA this time around. (We’ve reached out to these labels for further information. More to come here.)
Source: Vogue

^Thank you for taking the initiative to start the New York show schedule thread for us! Very kindly appreciated, @LadyJunon.

I took the liberty of also starting a thread for London Fashion Week, which I've pinned at the top of Designers and Collections.

Hi !

Does anybody knows when Saint Laurent men's show will be ?

The wait was not in vain, I was melted by the DG show. Feelsgreatman

First look at Louis Vuitton:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
haleyabhdisjsbw209
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->