Far-Fetched

Reaction score
Tried looking for a thread like this and couldn't find it, so I decided to make one. It may have SPOILERS for people, but I still thought it could be fun.

I'm sure everyone has had a moment when they've been reading a book, watching a film, watching a TV series and they've come across something so far-fetched they can't help saying out loud, 'Come on! That's ridiculous!' Sometimes it is so silly you're rolling about laughing with tears in your eyes. What are some events in books, films or TV series you've come across that are too far-fetched?

Here's my most recent far-fetched event... I'm currently reading a book my hubby picked up called The Pillars of the Earth by Ken Follett. A man and his pregnant wife (the book emphasises they are soul mates and were 'meant to be') and two children are travelling looking for a job for him. The daughter is attacked and a woman in the forest helps out. He finds her attractive. He thanks her for the help and carries on his way.

Once it is the middle of winter his wife dies after giving birth outside. They first decide to leave the baby (no food for it, so it will probably die), but then change their minds. While looking for the baby he bumps into this lady again and even though he is overcome with grief for his soul mate who died mere hours ago, he has sex with this woman. Then suddenly the lady is telling him she immediately fell in love with him the first time she saw him and then he is asking her to be his wife! :blink:... :lol:

Good idea for a thread!

I think Breaking Dawn of the Twilight series is WAY far-fetched! It's just so awful, the whole series is awful, in fact.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
petitealiix91
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->