Fashion Institute of Technology (FIT), New York

Does anyone know a really good way to get a scholarship to FIT? Do they even give out scholarships often?

I have one more question (for now, haha), and if anyone could answer, it would be greatly helpful. When I was looking at the tuition fees, it was noted that out of state residence fees were higher. As of now, I live outside of the New York state, but I'm planning to be a NYC residence before college starts. Does this mean I'm an out of state residence or in-state residence?

You'll be considered out of state. In order to be in-state I believe you must reside in NY for at least 6 months prior to starting FIT.

yyycontrol, first off, I'm glad to hear you'd gotten in Parsons- that is my second choice and probably the only choice I would consider if not FIT. It's a great school, I'd heard, and I'm sure it will be worthy of your $$ and time! Your post was really helpful, thank you.

waxy, thanks for your post; it definitely boosted my self-esteem and optimism. By the way, I enjoy your blog very much!

awww... thank you :smile:

Does anyone know anything bout their photography course? Any feedback?

Better to take it at SVA. FIT in terms of fine art, photography, etc they are not very impressive. I haven't seriously looked at interior design to say it's terrible but it's nothing out of the ordinary.

I want to know if anyone here has taken the Haute Couture Certificate Program. I have researched everything about it and its sounds excellent and I plan on taking it after I graduate.

So if anyone has taken it, I wanna know what were your experince's, what was the class like, what were the instructors like, ect. Im really excited about taking this so if anyone can tell me anything about it that would be great

Do you think it would be useful to take an online non credit course on fashion styling?

I move to NYC in 24 days, start at FIT in 26!
Got my class timetable and everything.
Funny that one of the things I'm most excited about is being able to go stationary shopping in New York. :P

I am applying fall this year and I'm extremely nervous, I'm still in the process of working on my portfolio

Application Process

Hello! I was wondering if someone could provide me with a little bit more info on the portfolio that's required for the application. I recently got my BA in Art History and graduated with a very high GPA. Since graduating, I've had a lot of time to reflect on what I would really like to do in the future and decided that I really really want to attend fashion school next year.

Apart from having taken a few sewing classes in high school, I don't have much sewing experience. I would say my drawing skills are excellent though, as I minored in drawing in college. Could someone enlighten me as to what I need to do to get myself up to speed & increase my chances at even being considered for acceptance?

FIT's website didn't provide me with much information about the specific details of their application process and the home test/portfolio is really intimidating me. :shock: :blink:

Thank you!

So I want to apply to FIT this fall, to attend next fall.
I'm an international student and I was just wondering if anyone could give me any advice? What do I do first?

Do they really care for your gpa if you're applying for Fashion design?
I would think they would be more concerned about your portfolio?

Has anyone completed the Direct and Interactive Marketing program? Or are any of you currently enrolled?

So I want to apply to FIT this fall, to attend next fall.
I'm an international student and I was just wondering if anyone could give me any advice? What do I do first?

Yes i would like to know this too!!
Also what is the equivelent course to Parsons Fashion Marketing AAS??
The FIT website is quite confusing, i'm not sure which course I should be looking at- I will have graduated with a Bachelor of Arts- so should I apply for AAS at FIT?

first and foremost, EVERYONE applies for the AAS program. It's how it works..you complete the AAS program first and then move onto the bachelor's, which I think it's nice because if you don't feel like going further than AAS, then atleast you still get a degree.

Do they really care for your gpa if you're applying for Fashion design?
I would think they would be more concerned about your portfolio?

NO it matters. The fashion dept could speak on your behalf, based on your portfolio, but the final answer falls on the Admissions office and they look at your grades.

Think about it, your grades reflect not just your understanding of a subject, but your discipline in handling the projects, homework, time managment, etc. because trust me, you're gonna need it when you get there.

Hello everyone :smile:.
Just making sure .. when you guys talk about portfolios, you're talking about a major other than Fashion Management, right?
I went to the FIT open house the other day, & they said a portfolio isn't required~~

Hello everyone :smile:.
Just making sure .. when you guys talk about portfolios, you're talking about a major other than Fashion Management, right?
I went to the FIT open house the other day, & they said a portfolio isn't required~~

Yes. I can't image you'd need a portfolio for Fashion Management and if they said one wasn't required, I wouldn't worry about it.

Portfolios are required of aspiring design students ... but not Fashion Management, I don't beleive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Giuliagiachetti
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->