BEST fashion school? -Closed! See Post #1 for Instructions and Related threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nobody over there from Spain? I am from madrid and I study at CSDMM, the most important school from all over here.

It's a very important school for all the work in leather, vynil, PVC and plastics. We recieved all the materials from Loewe and we have a leather good workshop and a furrier's workshop as well.

A few schools from europe (including some from milan, london, budapest, hamburg, Helsinki, Trier, Biterbo...) have an exchange program with our school.

Someone over there from germany??
I am really interested of knowing how it the fashion design career there, all the schools and so on.

ya know...all schools are going to have ups and downs, good reviews and bad...its really what you make of the environment...ya know...

there are tons of great art schools out there, that does not include fit, parsons, fidm, pratt...blah blah...i can tell you that the kids i went to school with (SCAD) have just as much talent, if not more then the school i listed above.

and for all you scadies on this formun (i know there is lots) and to everyone else....scad was recently named one of the hottest schools to study are at...

pm me if u have any questions...seriously was the best time of my life, and at the same time ive never worked so hard in my life...but i wouldnt be where i am now if it wasnt for scad.

good luck to u all.

TM85 said:
Does anybody know anything about The Laboratory Institute of Merchandising in New York. I really want to go here but theres no talk or anything about it. I want to know if its a good school and if its respected in the industry.

[URL="http://www.limcollege.edu/html/flash.asp"]http://www.limcollege.edu/html/flash.asp[/URL]

I'd like to know more about this school too! I havent heard anyones reviews of it or the positives and negatives. If anyone goes there or knows people who have any information would be great!

erutuoC said:
Is FIT really that bad?
Does anyone know of any other schools for fashion in the States? All I know of are FIT, Otis, FIDM?, Parsons, and Art Institute of Chicago? Are there any in San Fran?

i know this is so so so late but i dont want to read all of the pages just to see if they answered you. but in san francisco, a very well known and well respected school for fashion is ACADEMY OF ARTs. just like parsons, otis, and st martins, the foundation year is not considered a foundation year. yet, it has the same curriculum as parsons...etc, dealing with typical foundation courses but adding FASHION COURSES OF COURSE. they're strict that you have your basics down so that you will be able to have a strong structure in any of your creations

lilsweetie said:
I'd like to know more about this school too! I havent heard anyones reviews of it or the positives and negatives. If anyone goes there or knows people who have any information would be great!

i've actually heard a lot about it when i was in new york. i took summer classes at FiT and was talking with a bunch of students planning to go to fashion schools. this school was brought up a lot.

some said they took classes there and its very business oriented. they have classes that deal with styling too! strictly fashion styling. that is cool, not many have that...just like visual communication and suchh

are you serious?

well, I hope things go smoothly for me because I'm applying there and Parsons.

I feel like it's a good school, but hearing from this forum, I'm starting to get a little doubtful =/

MUXU said:
yea..i heard alot of things about how it's really technical
that's one of the reasons why im starting to dislike how parsons works
some like it like that though =T

what do you guys mean by technical?

After reading this thread Im really confused:shock::blink::blink:
So which school is the best???
Parsons/FIT/saint martins/

Is it really hard to get into Parsons or FIT
What do they require from you before they let you in???? Do you have to know how to sew or something?????

What about IED???:huh:

What about Berkeley College Fashion Marketing Management program? the school is right by Bryant Park and Madison Ave in new york city

parsons is not very difficult to get into at all. the admissions rate is about 25% for the fashion program, though collegeboard.com says it's about 49%. it's easy to get in...but the dropout rate is high also.
hope i helped. :D

Wowee this thread has been helpful! Well, I'm only in 8th grade, but thinking about college already (thanks to the required Career Quest class) I'm def. more geared towards fashion design than merchandising. So could you guys tell me which out of these you think would be best for design, and what you've heard about them? Thanks!

Parsons
Pratt
University of North Umbria
Rhode Island School Of Design
Royal Antwerp
CSM
Bunka
Ravensbourne

Right now I'm thinking Parsons sounds the best to me. Royal Antwerp sounds great...but considering its in Belgium and all, and I don't speak dutch, that might not go over so well.

Last edited by a moderator:
So, I've narrowed down my schools.
Well, at least the schools I am going to apply for.
They are:
SAIC
Columbia College
Academy of Art, San Francisco
FIT
Philadelphia University

If any of you are attending any of those schools, I would really appreciate any feedback from your experience there.

otis' fashion program is strong for west coast. you work with people like bob mackie and betsy johnson. i go to otis-- but i'm in the comm art department.

FIT is good for its business majors, Go to Parson's if you plan on going to do Fashion Design.

My friend goes to FIT and she seems like she LOVES it there. Lucky.
I've heard that the San Francisco art school isn't really good, I don't know if it's true though. Hm.

Do you have to understand/peak French to be able to go to Parsons? And what kind off things- (work) do you have to do before you get in?

philadelphia university is crap--u should really go to ta school in ny--the connectiosn are priceless. there are internship swith major design houses being thrown around.... and those school have great connecvtiosn overseas--- look into where the top designers went to scvhhol--always parsons or fit---and they prefer their fellow alumni

I want to become a professional stylist, i.e organise fashion shows, create ad campaigns and work for magazines. My question is, which school suits med best?

Really thankful for answers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AprilL
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->