Fashion Magazines with the Best Articles

blueorchid

you soft and only
Reaction score
Which magazines do you think have the best content aside from editorials? I always find that I don't read the articles in fashion magazines enough and I want to start to rectify that.

Also you can discuss the best/worst articles you've read and other stuff related to articles. :lol:

When you wait a month or more for an import magazine to arrive - and then find the time to sit and read it - it is easy to pass the point where it seems relevant to comment in the particular thread for that issue, so I welcome a general one for such thoughts.

I like the articles in Vogue US, although sometimes plum sykes grates a little. my favourite writer was sally singer, so i'm looking forward to what she does at T. the best thing about vogue us is that their front of book section is always great - short, snappy little articles that have just enough information to keep you interested but not to get bogged down. they really keep a balance well. One of the best celebrity profiles I've read in a fashion magazine was Jeffrey Steingarten's profile of Gwyneth Paltrow in the August Vogue US this year. as he is normally their food critic he looked at her from a very different angle and it was refreshing to read. Another great celebrity profile I've read was the one in Elle UK of Lindsay Lohan. the journalist (whose name escapes me right now) turned 6 text messages and a night of clubbing with lohan into an entire article that was one of the best assessments of her and the celebrity culture I've ever read. Lohan basically refused to do the interview, but obviously the journalist had to write something, and she wrote what ended up being a really fascinating profile of fame - and lohan's particular, quite toxic fame - that i read about 5 times straight it was that good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dima77
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->