Faye Dunaway

those last pics and the cannes one are amazing. her bone structure is so perfect. :heart:

(^^ ps: I tried finding it the net but in vain... all I saw is bonnie and clyde, the network, chinatown, three days of the condor and the thomas crown affair movies. They all put me under her spell :crush:)

You mean The Happening? It is very rare...It is on Turner Classics once in a great while- I'll let you know when I find it! :flower:

tumblr_lmufs3KGgV1qa9ge7o1_1280.jpg

theotherway tumblr

Grazia Italy N 105 9 septembre 2011 ebook30

^ Thank you Miss Retro for all of your great pictures!!:flower:

There are several clips from "The Happening" on YouTube- not a great movie by any stretch of the imagination, but the just becoming known Faye was at the height of her beauty! :wink:

http://youtu.be/7dKF5YrjqzQ

Amazingly beautiful and extremely talanted actress :heart: I really loved "Bonnie & Clyde", but "Network" was the film that made me fell in love with Faye and her acting skills.

corbis

Last edited by a moderator:
US Vogue March 1979

Faye Dunaway The Woman Behind the Face / The Face in the Dark
Photo Terry O'Neil Subject Faye Dunaway By Amy Gross & Elizabeth Hardwick

My scans

Faye in Thomas Crown Affair

I love both versions of the Thomas Crown Affair. But for sartorialism and elegance Faye Dunaway's iconic outfits and the way she carries them has to be in front. She has a way of making an entrance which you can't take your eyes off.

But it is not just the costumes but all the subtle details. Smoking with a cigarette holder, the headscarf in the car, the way she sits down so elegantly at the table at the outdoor restaurant.. Even the way she steps into the car backwards upon her arrival at the airport. She must have been to finishing school. Very, very classy.

Like the saying goes "it's not the clothes but the way you wear them". You can have all the designer clothes in the world but if you don't know how to carry yourself it's wasted. The movie is the epitome of classy cool.

Blackglama 1978

US Vogue October 1978
Photo Richard Avedon
Model Faye Dunaway

My scan

Last edited by a moderator:
The interesting thing about Vicki's wardrobe in Thomas Crown is how you really needed to look like Faye Dunaway to carry off most of those outfits- the average woman looked perfectly ridiculous in baby doll mini dresses and huge picture hats!! Of course sleeping with Steve McQueen and driving a 275 Ferrari Spyder never hurt your image, either...:wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jcad1947
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->