Hillary Duff's Bitchfight with Faye Dunaway

^ I think that video perfectly illustrates how different Dunaway and Duff's remarks were.

No Faye's remark wasn't necessary, but it was just a bitchy jab the likes of which have permeated Hollywood for years (and the decline of those bitchy jabs is probably why Hollywood seems like it was much less interesting than it was in the golden days).

Hilary's remark, besides being completely tactless and juvenile, came off as purely mean and disrespectful as opposed to being a bitchy jab back.

She's my daughter! She's my sister! She's my daughter! My sister, my daughter. She's my sister and my daughter...

:rofl: :rofl:

i have to say though... i am a bit surprised at hilary's response as i guess she is known for her fairly sweet, polite personna... i wouldn't expect such a childish and rude reaction from her part.

really silly... faye's payed her dues and she's got nothing to prove... her on the other hand, has some pretty big shoes to fill.

Hilary's people present her as a sweet girl (she was a Disney star, afterall) but she's not. I don't have exact quotes but back in the day when she was in a feud with Lindsay Lohan, she wasn't exactly sweet. There was a rumor that she told her boyfriend (Joel of Good Charlotte) not to give Lindsay's little brother an autograph until Lindsay called Hilary and apologized for something. And when Joel started dating Nicole, she called it a rebound relationship.

This comment might come back to bite Hilary in the butt. Bonnie and Clyde was an iconic film. If Hilary's doesn't measure up (and honestly, I don't think it will), the press will be like, "Well, Faye was right. This film isn't as good as the original. Maybe they should have used a real actress."

well in this case Faye is the loser....shes the older one thus expecte ddto set a better example

Actually she isn't. She's the one whose famous for the role and has the right to question the casting choice. I don't really see why she would be celebrating this casting.

I had my doubts about whether Hilary had actually said that, cause she always seemed rather.. polite, in front of the camera. but that video :unsure:..
not to excuse her behavior or anything but Faye's comment must've really touched a weak fiber to do such a low reply.. it sounds like the things I'd hear as a kid.. when kids would fight and they'd ultimately lose the discussion and someone would say 'well your nose looks like an elephant'.. :lol:

Faye does need to realise that she's not Bonnie.. she played her well and the film predictably got so much praise because it was a story that was dying to be told!, I don't really think she's in a position to say who should and shouldn't be playing someone that actually existed and didn't have any relation to her.. I think it'd be [sort of] fair if it was a fictional story but this wasn't, she should be happy the film is going to reach new generations.. and hopefully the kind of people that will never stop to watch a pre-1995 movie..

Last edited by a moderator:
I think this whole thing is hilarious.. Blown out of proportions much?
I think that respect should not be reserved for the older generation, why should Faye have the right to insult Hilary, whom no matter what people say has accomplished major things for her young age..? And when it comes to her acting skills, I think it's a little unfair to call her a hopeless actress, because she has not been given a lot of "hard" material to work with.
For example, if Hilary Swank played her part in "Material girls", the movie would still be what it was.. She deserves a chance to evolve, and frankly I think she's brave for trying.
She could have stayed on the same path and be safe, but I think its clear she wants more challenge..

Did anyone see her whole performance in War Inc? I just saw a few scenes with her, actually I think she was pretty good:ninja:

Funny? Yes. Random? Certainly. Blown out of proportion? NO. No one is nominating Faye Dunaway for sainthood, but Hillary Duff's comments were incredibly stupid and offensive, not just for Dunaway, but for all people of older generations. It reflects really, really badly on Hillary.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think this picture is hilarious :lol:

33aqem1.jpg

perez

I don't understand why people are saying it was out of line for Faye Dunaway to say that Hilary Duff is not a real actress, because let's face it, that's pretty much common knowledge. She wasn't saying it just to be catty. How else would you expect her (or anyone, for that matter) to react to the fact that they they're remaking a cinematic classic and cast a youngster who has never shown much range or any kind of acting ability to speak of? It's not like she's going to just be fake and say, "Oh I think she'll be great."

^I actually agree with Faye and that was my first thought when I heard that Hilary was playing Bonnie. I just don't think she has the chops to do the role justice. Even though the role is based on a real person and the new movie might be more of a re-telling rather than a remake of the 1967 film, Hilary's work will inevitably be compared to Faye's.

To be fair, I would say it was "out of line" in the way it was said because the truth is that Hilary is a "real" actress -- just a terrible one. It looks like she has been trying to get better material to work with. It was truthfully pointed out that every good actress had a breakout role, one in which she proved that she had promise and she would then go on to do bigger and better things. (For Dunaway, it actually happened to be the role of Bonnie.) For all we know, this could be the one for Hilary. While I have already stated my overwhelming doubts of this, I have been surprised by far less and have been proven wrong before!

I would expect anyone to want to speak out against an insult, but her comments had absolutely nothing to do with defending herself as an actress against Faye's critique. Not many 10-15 year olds (or however old her fanbase is) would know of an actress who starred in films two/three times their age, unless there are some very young film buffs out there (which I would find very impressive). Every generation has their time, it doesn't take away from what they accomplished so I have no idea what Hilary was getting at with that one. Then of course insulting an old woman for looking like... an old woman. I doubt there will be many Maxim shoots for Hilary 40 years from now either. :rolleyes:

Hilary really should let her work speak for itself, unless she knows that she can't walk the walk so she decided to run her mouth instead. I agree that Dunaway really struck a weak nerve!

She's my daughter! She's my sister! She's my daughter! My sister, my daughter. She's my sister and my daughter...

:rofl: :rofl:

:lol: This whole thing has kind of made me want to enjoy a Dunaway movie marathon.

Well, Hilary's comment will bite her in the *** at some point because even if she's living in Lala-land she will grow old eventually:wink:

And YES this thing is blown out of proportions, because they are both human, and human beings do and say stupid things to each other all the time.. And there is worse crimes happening between human-beings than two actresses insulting each other.

I completely agree with your post saucer-like

hilary ended up looking like the bad guy in this because truly, her comment was just stupid... it's like someone needs to explain to her the cycle of life. insulting an old woman for looking like an old woman... yes, that's rich
:rolleyes:

How else would you expect her (or anyone, for that matter) to react to the fact that they they're remaking a cinematic classic and cast a youngster who has never shown much range or any kind of acting ability to speak of? It's not like she's going to just be fake and say, "Oh I think she'll be great."

that's how I see it too... she was asked by a reporter what she thought about it... and I can't blame her either for giving that reply, for the exact reasons you mentionned.

They are equally nasty comments and both women should of kept their mouths SHUT!!!

err i cant even believe duff has the nerve to retort to faye like that

hilary duff is nothing, not an actress or a singer, she's a product

im not siding on anyone since they're just both wrong :D

Frankly im glad hilary said something. She is so vanilla its boring....the fact that she made a dig shows she has some balls.

BUT having said that.....she shud have massive respect for Faye, Hilarys career will not be on a par.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dima77
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->