Hilary Duff to Launch Line with DKNY "Femme"

lucy92

Mod Squad Team Leader
Staff member
Reaction score
Multi-platinum recording artist, actress and entrepreneur Hilary Duff is co-designing a collection of special pieces with DKNY Jeans brand called Femme for DKNY Jeans. The collection mixes rocker chic with a soft touch, featuring innovative ideas, unexpected details and multiple functions. Each piece is unique; each look makes a statement. The line will debut in fine department and specialty stores nationwide in August 2009, marking the debut of Hilary's new beauty and lifestyle brand, Femme.

"As a young adult, I've chosen to dedicate my interest in fashion and design to creating a sophisticated upstairs collection," said Hilary Duff. "I took time finding the right fashion house to collaborate with in a design partnership. I have always adored and worn DKNY Jeans, so it made perfect sense to reach out to them. We hit it off immediately, sharing a design vision offering something special for young women like me."

"Hilary Duff's influence with this particular demographic cannot be overstated. From film, TV, to fragrance, there's an ability to connect with her on so many levels," says Kevin Monogue, President of DKNY Jeans, "The design partnership has been effortless, as our sensibilities are perfectly aligned; she's edgy and still feminine, embraces individuality, and offers a bold, experimental way of interpreting trends. We are so excited about what is being developed for Femme. It has been, and continues to be, a dream collaboration."

The Femme for DKNY Jeans line takes its inspiration from Hilary's love of feminine elements like poppies, sequins, and shine, mixed with tougher vinyl, menswear fabrics and motorcycle details. Hard and soft, provocative and powerful. A key theme is versatility: sweater tunics with removable cowl scarves, tees with detachable and printed necklaces, charmeuse cozies that layer like scarves, skinny jeans with adjustable belt loops for thin or wide belts. Black denim is the foundation, with vinyl leggings, tissue weight tees and strappy dresses rounding out the Fall assortment. The retail price range for the collection is $39 for a tee to $129 for an outerwear piece.
DKNY Jeans will support the launch of Femme for DKNY Jeans with a comprehensive marketing campaign, reaching the consumer through all media touch points, including national print, outdoor and online advertising, experiential promotions, in-store events, movie, TV and tour integrations as well as a dedicated behind-the-scenes web series showcasing the design process.

image from trendencias.com
press release from earthtimes.org

Attachments

• duff.jpg
    duff.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 46
excerpt from wwd...

As DKNY Jeans’ latest celebrity design collaborator, Hilary Duff is determined to prove her days starring as Lizzie Maguire are long gone.

The 21-year-old actress-singer-designer showed up early for her 11 a.m. meeting at the DKNY Jeans showroom at 240 West 40th St. to discuss her new brand, which she’s calling Femme for DKNY Jeans. She’d just flown in from Los Angeles, and there were no publicists, managers or entourage in tow. She was staying at her friend’s Manhattan apartment, wheeling two suitcases behind her.

"One of the hardest things is to come up with a name,” said Duff of her new line, which she was wearing: a gray fringe T-shirt, leggings and a vest. “But I think Femme works really well and explains the line perfectly as feminine but tough all at the same time. It’s aggressive, but in a good way.”

This isn’t the first time Duff had to come up with a name for her own fashion collection. Five years ago, as a teenager, she launched Stuff by Hilary Duff, which used to produce everything from T-shirts to bedsheets. That line is now being phased out and, with the exception of eyewear, there is no longer product on the market.

“I’ve lost interest in it, and I’m ready to move on and do other things,” she explained of the line, which sold at retailers such as Target, J.C. Penney and Kohl’s. “I feel like the brand was for younger girls, and I want to do things for girls my own age now.”

The partnership with the Liz Claiborne Inc.-owned DKNY Jeans is a big move for Duff - one she plans to be involved in every step of the way. And while she isn’t the first celebrity to partner with the company - Fall Out Boy Pete Wentz was first and actress Rachel Bilson was second - she’s nonetheless dedicated to it.

“I’ve been learning so much about how the process happens from how much certain things cost to shipping schedules - it has been an amazing learning experience,” she said.

The Femme for DKNY Jeans line will launch in stores this fall. And while Wentz’s and Bilson’s collections only sold at retail for one season, the company has signed Duff for two - fall and holiday - with the option to extend the agreement depending on performance.

“From the feedback we’ve gathered from our customers, they wished these collaborations were available to them for a longer period of time,” said Kevin Monogue, president of DKNY Jeans. “They wanted to see more, which is what led us to working with Hilary and making her partnership last longer.”

Another celeb who thinks their a designer.
so pathetic

I hate those sketches.
They make clothes for too skinny people?

But I kinda like that fringe t-shirt.

Hilary Duff Explains Her New DKNY Jeans Line

Hilary Duff isn't letting the simultaneous implosion of every celebrity-designed fashion line get to her. Rather, she's following in the footsteps of Rachel Bilson and designing a line for DKNY Jeans to come out sometime this fall. We caught up with Duff backstage at the Heart Truth Red Dress show (where she was wearing a red dress courtesy of Donna Karan, of whom she is a "huge fan") and asked her about the fashionable new project, which should be available for fall. We'll let her explain her aesthetic in her own words:

I wanted to do a really smart line, like jeans that have lots of multiple sizes of belt loops so you can wear any kind of belt with it and it still kind of looks cool, or jeans that have a spot for suspenders to hook on if you want to let them hang down. Or burn-out T-shirts with fringe on them and little, like, shrunken leather jackets and vests. What are some of the other things we did? We did some images with poppies on them, because I was into poppies at the time. And I wanted to do, like, necklaces attached to shirts but that girls can take off and wear in a different way, and the same with scarves.

By: Jada Yuan
nymag.com

images with poppies? i wonder if she's trying to send a subliminal message.

and i think its rather silly that DKNY is doing one celebrity collaboration a year.

at least with the mens collection, dkny is collaborating with famous comic artists...

Is her line replacing Rachel Bilson's or is this an addition for DKNY?

the rachel bilson stuff was only in stores for one season.

the hilary duff garments will be in stores for two seasons. fall and holiday.

I think it'll be a really great line! I can't wait to see the rest once it comes out!

interview with nylonmag

Your line for DKNY, Femme, comes out this fall. What can we expect?

We did two pairs of jeans this season—it’s kind of a selfish line, because it’s skinny jeans, which look the best on me. One thing I wanted was multiple-size belt loops, because sometimes I want to wear a skinny little belt wrapped around a million times, or sometimes I want to wear a really fat one that won’t ever stay in place, slung low. So it just has a lot of options. There’s other stuff, too, like little shrunken leather jackets. I wanted the stuff to be smart.

What was your inspiration for the line?

Just normal girls. I’ll be walking down the street and think, oh she looks cute! Especially being in New York is nice, because everyone has such unique styles. And it’s not people who have a ton of money or have a huge closet, but it’s people wearing what they love and having a unique way of putting it together. That inspired me.

im a lil bit held back by the name hilary duff, if it is zooey deschanel i will be more interested.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
neverchiu
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->