HD by Hilary Duff

Lena

etre soi-meme
Reaction score
060706_34.jpg

060706_35.jpg

060706_32.jpg

LOS ANGELES — Hilary Duff is ready to strut her stuff.

The 18-year-old actress and singer, nine months after becoming chief executive officer and head designer of her own fashion and lifestyle company, HD International, is rolling out for back-to-school a tween line of clothing, jewelry, home decor and other items.

The tween brand, stuff by hilary duff, has been picked up by mass retailers such as Wal-Mart, Kmart and Target as well as midtier and specialty retailers, including J.C. Penney, Sears, Kohl's, Gottschalks, Goody's and Claire's Stores.

Merchandise will be in almost 10,000 doors worldwide at launch and the business is projected to exceed $1 billion in retail sales within two-and-a-half years. That figure excludes Duff's eponymous junior clothing label, which is to bow late next year with the opening of freestanding stores in New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Miami and possibly other cities.

The goal for first-year wholesale sales is $200 million in seven countries: the U.S., France, the U.K., Canada, Australia, New Zealand and South Africa.

"We wanted to make clothes that look like they're for older kids, but they fit the younger kids," Duff said in an interview. "I don't really get my inspiration in designing a line that is superexpensive like those designers' [labels]. I understand this is for kids who grow constantly. They buy their shoes and three months later they can't wear them."

Retail prices for stuff by hilary duff will range from $5 to $18 for jewelry, $6 to $20 for watches, $8 to $20 for handbags, $10 to $22 for T-shirts, $15 to $26 for fashion tops, $15 to $38 for skirts, $17 to $38 for jeans, $20 to $34 for hoodies and jackets and $59 to $99 for outerwear.

The overall mood of Duff's tween line is girly, youthful and fun. Denim is a key component. Made of stretch cotton to better suit a growing body, the jeans are adorned with embroidery in pink, red and blue. A fan of layering, Duff offers piles of leggings, including a pair that will be sold with a patch-covered denim miniskirt.

Although she was battling a cold, Duff on Tuesday signed copies of her CDs for 12-year-old models at a WWD photo shoot in Manhattan and explained the trends behind each of the outfits and her vision for the line...
photos Kyle Ericksen
taken from a long wwd.com article

excuses to all her fans but those clothes are uber bliahh :sick:

I like the wallpaper they're standing in front of....other than that......:ninja:

susie_bubble said:
I like the wallpaper they're standing in front of....other than that......:ninja:

my thoughts exactly. but i think kids will probably like these clothes.

why will they like these clothes? simply because of the Duff connection? is she that big or influencial?

I didn't know that Duff had that big of a following. Surprised they're placing her name on a label this early on...

^ I don't think it's because of that...I have the same feeling as Velouria. I think this line just fits the typical 'tweenager' style at the moment...(I'm not necessarily saying that's a good thing)

^ I think Duff has a rather large and strong fan base.

My sister is almost 12 years old and all her friends love Duff and own clothing by Duff.

I think this line will be a hit not only because of hillary because it's cheap tweeny clothing ! trendy, colorful, girly, etc...

hey lena, can we have the rest of the article? very interesting...cant believe its going to be in 10,000 doors. :shock:

i don't think i'd let my daughter wear that.
it's so....................ugly.

Oh man..God no... Doesn't she have Stuff by Hilary Duff?? =( I would never get that for my daughter...$99 for outerwear? Heh I can get nicer things instead

My thing is not that it's ugly it's just boring the clothes are normal tween clothes. But then again there isn't much diversity in what tweens can wear that is as affordable as was walmart is going to sell it for. Maybe some more high end designers should get into the mass market racket if the things that are out there for teens and tweens are so ugly, but no they just put it down.

Lena said:
why will they like these clothes? simply because of the Duff connection? is she that big or influencial?

well, the clothes remind me of Limited Too and stuff like that, and tweens love that stuff.

I think its a good idea because her music is very appealing to younger crowds. Younger girls will go crazy for stuff like this just because it represents her.

i've never understood why people like hilary duff and mary kate and ashley make clothes for TWEENS when it's young adults and older people who like the way they dress, you would think they would have clothes for older teenagers and what not since Mary Kate and Ashley and even Hilary Duff for that matter wear such cool clothes...but then they make sick sh*tty TWEEN clothes....I just don't get it.

I don't get it...
She designs clothes that are not even slightly reflective of her own style.

lucy92 said:
hey lena, can we have the rest of the article? very interesting...cant believe its going to be in 10,000 doors. :shock:

i'll edit the boring prts (financial strategies etc) and post during the weekend :wink:

aww this must be the awfulest brand...except for nicky hilton's one lmfao

Hilary Duff has had a clothing line for ages (the stuff by hilary duff as aforementioned) so don't really understand. Is she branching out with yet another clothing line? Why not just the one?

Am I the only one who picked up the freestanding stores?! I've no issues with her things being sold in walmart, sears, whereever but I can't imagine a freestanding store. :shock:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magfag
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->