Vanity Fair June 2024 : Ayo Edebiri by Renell Medrano

I like that it's someone new on a Vanity Fair cover, I'm sad there's no smile because she lights up any picture when she does. Nobody should be forced to grin for a cover - but I'm not a fan of miserablism either.

This also seems to be the cover story for the June 2024 issue of Vanity Fair España...

a rarely normal (?), nice cover from vanity fair. that hue of pink looks lovely on ayo.

good for her for getting a double edition cover

The expression doesn't really say "wins it all", unless the category is looking "plain sad".

They said, smile. She said, Whtchu talkin bout’ Willis.

I actually really like this. I love that she is not smiling, it balances with the bubble gum pink overload. She sos gorgeous and captivating, you do wnat to open and see more, even without an inviting smile. Great styling too!

I think it's fine for Vanity Fair, I don't hate it.

Absolutely love those shades of pink, the beauty styling and the Marc Jacobs. However, Ayo Edebiri's expression and pose isn't working for me here. It's all a bit... solemn and gloomy despite those lovely and happy shades of pink. A massively missed opportunity, a smile would've elevated this immensely.

Terrible cover.
Also, does anyone in Spain even know who she is?
Ten random people in New York, couldn't tell you her name..

There is definitely something adorable about that slight pout and the little pockets, lol. I love this cover!

Saw this cover at the newsstand and despite the pretty shades of pink, Edebiri's facial expression ruins it. However, there is a stunning side shot of her in a Giambattista Valli Haute Couture dress inside the issue. It is not cover worthy but simply eye-catching.

Got my print subscription copy this morning (the UK version), the colours are more subdued on my issue, it's more like a powdery pink. 120 pages.

I was thinking this was their combined-month summer issue, but it's not, it's just their June issue.

I find Ayo's images inside aren't as striking as the cover shot. There's also a shoot with Glen Powell - old-style Vanity Fair would probably have put him on the cover instead.

In terms of notable ads inside the UK version, there's an inside cover gatefold ad for Chanel Métiers d'art, followed by 2 pgs Balenciaga with Nicole Kidman and Amelia Gray, and on the back page, it's Robert Pattinson for Dior. The rest is jewellery and perfumes etc.

Reviewing any issue of Vanity Fair is an impossible task, because it takes me months (if not years) to get around to reading all the content, which happens just before I'm throwing it out.

This week, I can tell you that Jul-Aug 2021 with Dua Lipa on the cover had some really great articles in it. But those combined issues usually are the best.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cstmbres
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->