FBI Raids Former tFS Member's Home

In general, just because you know something, that doesn't mean you have to tell the world. The entire internet might be out there, encouraging you to use it as a way to broadcast your assumed superiority based on knowing a particular piece of information in advance - but it really isn't that difficult to resist your ego, and apply some common sense instead.

We all get excited about what's coming next - but no-one's really a god amongst men for seeing a fashion magazine first, and there are more important rewards in life than the superficial thanks of people on the internet and a surprisingly small fine.

I hope he was wearing undies at the time, cuz sumtimes those FBI b*tches don't knock.

^ :lol:

damn we had our little Assange in the making.. caught too soon. At least Condé Nast cut to the chase and didn't sue him for drinking and posting. :lol:

I actually don't really remember r0b0t as desperately trying to be the first on anything, or maybe I didn't notice, I remember him mostly during the shows season and how he'd share lovely HQs almost by the end of the thread (when people have calmed down and almost forgot about the collection). He seemed like a nice guy (not that he talked much, being a r0b0t and all..).

"This is the FBI!!! Put DOWN those High Quality Backstage Images from NY Spring Summer 2010 or we'll SHOOT!! :ninja: "

"But these are like so last season! :rolleyes:"

*pew pew pew* :ninja:

I guess they really meant he had a lot of posts (and I'm sure that's true) ... but yeah, we don't have that here.

I am still :shock: :shock: :shock: over that article. Always wondered how people get their hands on some of the things that get posted here ... maybe we need a little instruction at the top of certain forums, Please don't do anything stupid and/or illegal to get images to post here ... it's just not worth creating a long-term relationship with the FBI. Really.

"This is the FBI!!! Put DOWN those High Quality Backstage Images from NY Spring Summer 2010 or we'll SHOOT!! :ninja: "

"Look here! He got undisclosed photos of Osama Bin Laden and his accomplices!Take him under arrest!"

"No, No! These are just the HQs of Verushka & Jamie at Giles Spring 2011 runway show!"

Has nothing to do with tFS - he wasn't employed by them in anyway. Lots of members have access to restricted material and the onus is on them to post responsibly (esp. when the access is illegal/not approved). The mods are contacted all the time by magazines, photographers, agencies etc regarding copyright issues and we always respond cooperatively.

I remember him, but he sure didn't seem like like a "criminal".
How funny would it be if tFS was being investigated and we all had to be interrogated and stalked?

Asked about his motivation for accessing the Conde Nast system, Ulrich claimed that it was simply to obtain images that he could be the first to post online. He added that many bloggers and fan sites compete to publish images from paparazzi agencies and fashion photo shoots. The higher res the better, Ulrich noted. On his MySpace page, Ulrich lists his "heroes" as fashion photographers Bruce Weber, Steven Klein, and Mario Testino. As for favorite books, he wrote, “Does FLAUNT Magazine count?” Another online profile lists "b*tch is trippin'" as a favorite quote of Ulrich, who often uses the online handle "r0b0tj0n3z."

:lol:

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/documents/internet/fbi-probe-ids-conde-nast-hacker

Has nothing to do with tFS - he wasn't employed by them in anyway. Lots of members have access to restricted material and the onus is on them to post responsibly (esp. when the access is illegal/not approved). The mods are contacted all the time by magazines, photographers, agencies etc regarding copyright issues and we always respond cooperatively.

Oh I just meant that the very fact that tFS is mentioned with an FBI raid in the press is bad. That's all. :smile: Of there is the saying that even bad press is good press(?)

Did the FBI target the person who posted the list of servers and passwords online?

So how and why did he get busted, was it just that CN detected that they had been hacked and wanted to rid themselves of the hacker, was he posting the pictures too early, or was he posting unauthorized pictures (outtakes and the like) or some combination? I agree that $12,500 was a pretty modest fine.

WikiLeaks better hire him!

I hope he was wearing undies at the time, cuz sumtimes those FBI b*tches don't knock.

"Look here! He got undisclosed photos of Osama Bin Laden and his accomplices!Take him under arrest!"

"No, No! These are just the HQs of Verushka & Jamie at Giles Spring 2011 runway show!"

:rofl: Y'all are funny! BTW, why is he a "former" member, I thought that tFS was like the mafia? :P

He was busted because Conde Nast discovered its computers had been hacked, and he published the images.
That smoking gun article was very entertaining, btw.
And only $12, 500?
Probably because he wasn't making money off those images. And here we have saying, "Cannot squeeze blood out of turnip."
He was just a poor but dedicated fashionista.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
konster
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->