Fraggle Rock Movie!

julesrules815

Be a good one
Reaction score
For all you children of the 80's and 90's! Apparently Fraggle Rock is being made into a live action movie! Oh the memories! ^_^ ^_^
from eonline.com
Zappa's Down at Fraggle Rock

Thu Oct 19, 9:47 PMUPDATED 12 HOURS 42 MINUTES AGO
Ahmet Zappa's gonna help us dance our cares away.
The musician and children's author has signed on to turn the '80s-era muppet-fest Fraggle Rock into a live-action feature film.
And who better than the brother of Moon Unit, Diva and Dweezil to convert the Jim Henson Company production into an allegorical musical fantasy featuring 22-inch characters named Gobo, Wembley, Mokey, Boober and Red?
Lisa Henson, daughter of the iconic late Sesame Street creator and now co-CEO of the family company, told the Hollywood Reporter Thursday that she and her brother (and fellow CEO), Brian, invited Zappa over to talk books and movies—and the project just grew from there.
"During that conversation, I had an intuition that he might be a Fraggle Rock fan," she told the trade. "He jumped out of his seat when he heard our idea of making Fraggle Rock into a feature-length movie."
Zappa, who recently penned his first novel, The Monstrous Memoirs of a Mighty McFearless, will develop the story and executive-produce the film. According to a release issued by the Jim Henson Company, Zappa's vision so far is that the previously mentioned main characters from the original series will venture outside of their idyllic Fraggle Rock and have an adventure in "outer space." Otherwise known as the human world.
So, if this was before your time, the Fraggles will be interacting with Muggles, if you will.
"The Fraggles didn't really get into the human world on the series, so we plan to make the movie more about the intersection between the Fraggles and the humans," Henson said, adding that she plans to bring a screenwriter and director on board once the initial concept is hammered out.
"I'm very excited to be working with the Jim Henson Company on this project," Zappa said in a statement. "So much of my childhood was spent watching Fraggle Rock…I never missed an episode!"
Ninety-six episodes were made between January 1983 and March 1987.
"I'm also really looking forward to using music to tell the story," Zappa said. "It played such a central role in the original series and truly helped create the Fraggle Rock that we know and love today."
The son of late rocker Frank Zappa is referring to the two or three original songs heard on many episodes throughout the HBO series' five seasons. (Yes, that's right—it wasn't just TV, it was HBO!)
Tunes such as "Let Me Be Your Song," "Dixie Wailing" and "Kick a Stone" sent many tiny feet a-tappin' and hands a-clappin' in their day.
Performed by the likes of Red, the best swimmer on the Rock; Gobo, the leader of the pack; artistic and spiritual Mokey; Wembley the worrywart; and Boober, who loves his laundry, the Fraggle Rock songs managed to both entertain and teach lessons (kind of like another Henson classic we all know and love).
Combine the snappy music with plotlines that often featured characters of different origins, habits and dispositions finding a way to work out their differences and have a great time together, and you obviously had yourself a show for the ages.
"Fraggle Rock has remained a favorite project at our Company and has certainly continued to be loved by its many devoted fans, so we are thrilled to begin work on this project," Lisa Henson said. "With its message of celebrating diversity and its ambitious goal of promoting world peace, now is the perfect time to embark on a new Fraggle adventure."

my co-workers and I were just talking about fraggle rock the other day at lunch. I emailed them this story and we all agreed that whenever this comes out, wherever we are working then, we'll go out and see it all together :P

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndresKlayr
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->