• The Red Carpet Highlights of... The 77th Annual Cannes Film Festival 2024!

• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Gemma Ward

PradaP

Reaction score
15 year old model from Perth, Australia. She participated in Ford's Search for a Supermodel competition here last year but unfortunately didnt make it past the first rounds (although everybody loved her!). She's done a few jobs here and there but just recently things have taken off for her.

10 days ago she signed with IMG in New York, they sent her video off to Prada and they have immediately booked her for their Spring 2004 show. I think it is excellent news and I couldnt be happier for her. (search Gemma Ward on Vogue forums and you will notice I have been a fan right from the first time I saw her on SFAS)

Watch this girl, she's going to be big

6303ebb275ea88f4.jpg
6113eb926ce9e7b4.jpg

(she does look a bit like Nadine though dont you think)

Attachments

• 324_2489.jpg
    324_2489.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 4,463
Ooh, Australian model! :heart:

She was feautured a lot in the last MAFW, and rightly so. She's stunning!

She is very beautiful! I love the first pictures you posted of her!

she's booked to do Miu Miu too :P

hmmm.. has Miuccia found her girl for Spring 2004? maybe :wink:

Originally posted by PradaP@Sep 29th, 2003 - 2:04 am
she's booked to do Miu Miu too :P

hmmm.. has Miuccia found her girl for Spring 2004? maybe :wink:
Wow, that would be amazing!!! :buzz:

I'm a fan of her too :smile: She looks a little bit like a sweeter Devon B) Her career sure is going fast - I searched for her on Google and on a newspaper website it says she's going to leave school at the end of this year (she's in year 11).

here she is backstage at the Prada show
100114163.jpg

then on the runway!
7723f7b836936a61.jpg
7723f7b84338a4ae.jpg
7723f7b83e14cffc.jpg

Wow, that is fast! She looks great! :woot: :heart:

she's really beautiful in a "cute" kind of way...in that 3rd pic she looks like tyra banks...or maybe it's just me.

Originally posted by Spacemiu@Oct 2nd, 2003 - 5:36 pm
I adore her look, a bit liek devon :heart:
i was about to say that, miu! :o :heart:

she also has some of that pattie boyd thing going on :wink:

Attachments

• patti.jpg
    patti.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 645
Gemma on models.com! Good to see they finally checked their email after I emailed them about her last month :lol:

Genius Gemma
HarpersBazaarJustinSmith.jpg

The fashion road show is entrenched in Paris but we're still combing the Milan cabines for those fresh new faces that could be next season's stars. One gem that sparkled brilliantly at Prada and Miu Miu was this Australian import Gemma Ward. She's looking very promising!

Ooh, I'll have to check that out!!! :woot: :heart:

I don't have the scan, but my friends and I were talking about this last night and apparently there was a bit of a scandal with the latest picture of Gemma modelling for Live Clothing here in WA/Australia. I think people thought it was too sexy.. if anyone can find the picture - post it! :heart:

she has a v. different look about her. i mean that in a good way! she looks so much younger than 15 & yet she does vamp so well!!! {i'm referring to the b/w shot above.}

She looks great! She does look really young. The "baby face" is in right now...look at Natalia V.
Overall, I think that she will do awesome! :flower:

Originally posted by ItsTheKids@Oct 4th, 2003 - 8:33 pm
in that 3rd pic she looks like tyra banks...or maybe it's just me.

Yea i think she does too....like the way shes standing and her facial feature.

Yea my schools producing all these models and we're only a pubby schools. We've got Gemma whos in my yr, Gemma's sister Sophie who went to my school last year and has done quite a bit of modelling around Perth and won the face of Forrest chase competition. Julia Wheeler who finished last yr with us has gone onto do things round Perth aswell as becoming the face of the Carrillion:http://www.chadwickmodels.com.au/AddModel.aspx?modelID=872
One of this years yr 12's called Keezia has done her fair share of modelling too after coming runnerup in The Viviens model search contest. And the person I'm most proud of is my mate Em who just did her first show for the tafe design gradiuates alongside chadwicks best perth models, and i must say shes a very sexhuallll beast!!! Ofcourse other famous folk have come out of my school but i think i best leave that for another day. GO SHENTON GO!
Gemma our most famous model!

Attachments

• gemma_at_fashionassassin.jpg
    gemma_at_fashionassassin.jpg
    14.1 KB · Views: 2,176

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SnakePlissken
Back