Hair Fabian
Makeup Tyen

vogue archive

Last edited:
Vogue Italia March 1,1979
A Lei L'Oscar Della Freshezza Pt. 2

vogue archive

Last edited:
You're very welcome! This is an exceptional ed!

You are wonderful for sharing these! They're truly exceptional! It is wonderful to see them the size they ought to be!

I don't know if it was posted, so I'll post anyway :smile:

It's from andreablanchblog.com

Last week, I received an e-mail from a fan of Gia’s who wanted to*buy a photo of her taken in the 1980′s. During the negotiation I spoke with*Frances Grill, owner of Click modeling agency, who advises me from time to time. *Fran asked if I have this photo in my portfolio book; and when I said no, Fran suggested it should be. *Since my current work revolves around beauty, I find it a bit inappropriate for my book, even though Fran thinks it is an important image which transcends fashion. *Nevertheless, I adored Gia and wanted to share it, so Gia and*the image wouldn’t be forgotten.

As a model and a person, Gia was special. Working with her*was unpredictable, challenging, and dynamic — she was sensual, creative, smart, and*gifted with a rare sensitivity. Gia was a gem in a business with many stones. I*feel privileged and grateful to have collaborated with her so many times — she gave me so*many wonderful shots. *I truly miss her.

^^Welcome lizzardqueen!

Sweet rus, Wonderful shot! Do you know where and when it was used?

Gianni Versace Spring/Summer 1980

Vogue Italia 1980
Photo Richard Avedon Models Jerry Hall, Rosie Vela, Marcus Abel, Rene Russo, Tony Spinelli, Gia Carangi & Unknowns

My scans

Oh, I love the old Versace ad campaigns - the ones with all the top girls just climbing over the men. LOVE! So many great people from that era, Gia, Way Bandy, Chris Von Wagenheim, Helmut Newton, etc. are now gone.

Gia really was amazing. Easily one the best bodies in the business. It's sad that a lot of fashion industry people didn't want to talk about her and tried to minimize her impact on that era after she died. I don't think she was totally representative of that time **EDITED**. She seemed fairly damaged from the get-go and likely would have led a messed up life no matter what profession she chose.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's been a while since I've found any "new" images of her, if I had, I would have posted it today, 26 years after she died.

Jenny Spring/Summer by Chris Von Wangenheim

Vogue Italia 1979
Photo Chris Von Wangenheim Models Lena Kansbod, Lisa Vale, Regine Jaffry & Gia Carangi

My scans

Last edited by a moderator:
Love the last ad in the vogue italia spread..never seen it before,
ohh Gia she had so much fire in her so much expression. Thank you so very much for sharing the scans justaguy. :heart:

Vogue Italia March 1, 1979
A Lei L'Oscar Della Freshezza Pt. 1

Photo François Lamy
Models Gia Carangi, Lena Kansbod
Hair Fabian
Makeup Tyen

vogue archive

Last edited:
Vogue Italia March 1, 1979
A Lei L'Oscar Della Freshezza Pt. 2

vogue archive

Last edited:
5 Covers

- 1979-04 Vogue UK
- 1979-04 Vogue Paris
- 1980-08 Vogue US
- 1980-08 Vogue Paris
- 1982-02 Vogue Italia

giacarangieditorials, whosdatedwho.com

Seeing your scans, Justaguy, in such HQ, and so large, it's as if seeing the photos for the very first time. Amazing, truly, thank you!

Hey guys I found this on YouTube, I've actually never posted a vid before. I had never really seen Gia move in front of the camera except for the brief clips they showed in one of her interviews on her addiction. This appears to be a earlier shoot for a Cosmo cover and they are documenting Scavullo's work, in which Gia is the current subject.

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=Me1-0EHIxfI&desktop_uri=/watch?v=Me1-0EHIxfI

US Vogue December 1978
Go Fun Go Fantasy, Go For Broke Glamour!

Photo Arthur Elgort
Models Lisa Vale, Gia Carangi, Aria, Lena Kansbod
Hair Christiaan
Makeup Ariella

vogue archive

Last edited:
justaguy, thank you for posting the Gia scans. She's one of my all-time favorite models. B)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pappagallo
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->