Gift Ideas

Anyone else have the problem that almost everyone they're close to in life is more established and basically has everything they need, and the means to get everything they want, so you have to peruse endless "gift guide" articles trying to get ideas? And then you feel kind of embarrassed with whatever you wind up choosing? I wish I were a crafty or artistic person and could make something homemade/from the heart that would actually be... decent. The one year I tried, bought a bunch of plain Christmas tree baubles and then painted them and made applique flowers to stick on them... and they turned out fairly pretty but nothing amazing and I haven't seen them on anyone's trees in subsequent years lmao.

Framed paintings/drawings/photographs always bring a genuine smile and appreciation from those starting a career to those with established ones.

Doesn’t have to be a gallery-purchased painting, nor a sitting portrait. Just have a pic of the individual— or even their dog, and have an art student render a simple conte line drawing. Then have it framed and it’s a priceless token that will connect you to them in ways that material gifts never will. You know, being gifted from clients their personal work is an immeasurable token of appreciation; their photographs are the treasures of my home. And their artisanal pieces that have been pulled for Another/Interview/W etc etc that are now mine, I can hold in my hand is more appreciated than anything from a high-profile brand.

Reactions: KoV
Doesn’t have to be a gallery-purchased painting
but if you can :brows:...

Seriously, I need a friend/sugar daddy to 'surprise' me with a Wyeth or Weyant for Christmas.

Only ever feel shame for your gifts if you're gifting a coffee mug or a salt grinder. That's like.. you can tell zero thought went into it. Unless it's a really cool one!. I honestly have friends that have a lot of money and friends who are always struggling with basic needs.. I feel like you can either go a bit esoteric or practical/helpful and it should be good. What's great about friends who need nothing is that you can go to town with your pretentiousness and they won't judge you for it :lol:.. give them just something from places they've never heard of/haven't been to/are not on their radar and something yummy maybe and bam. Thoughtfulness and some taste does it.

Reactions: KoV
^ I want a Bo Bartlett painting so badly, if you run into anyone looking for a sugar baby, send them my way. Open to a Wyeth too. :blush:

You two do realize what your obligation to a daddy would be for that painting...??? …Because there are always obligations with them…

(God— mugs… The ones that come with foods/florals/weed. That’s not a gift— it’s an insult.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pappagallo
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->