Giorgio Armani slams Prada and Dolce & Gabbana

tarsha

Reaction score
Giorgio Armani Thinks Prada And Dolce Make Men Look Ridiculous

If you thought everyone in the fashion industry was impressed with Prada’s multi-billion dollar listing on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange, you were wrong. Giorgio Armani dismissed rival Miuccia Prada’s new business venture as nothing more than a clever way to cover up her debts. He also called her clothes ugly.

Armani told reporters during Men’s Fashion Week in Milan that most fashion today (including the work of Prada and Dolce and Gabbana) isn’t guided by artistic creation or even by what customers want. “Fashion is in the in the hands of the banks (and) the stock market,” he said, and as a result, a lot of the clothes that come down the runway look absurd. He said staying in the black ensures that’s not a problem for his company.

“I don’t have debts. Instead, Prada’s problem is that they have to pay back the money that the banks spent to build up the brand.” “There are thousands of ways to make money. But for me, I don’t want to wind up having to knock on the door of some Thai managers to explain myself.”

Naturally, the Italian press has been thrown into what Women’s Wear Daily calls a tizzy — Armani, Prada and Dolce and Gabbana are all national treasures and global fashion phenomenons. To have one insulting the others is sort of a big deal. Especially when the insults are really, really insulting.

He said that Prada chief Miuccia Prada was “ingenious” for her “irony…and bad taste that becomes chic.” But he complained that certain collections that are “sometimes ugly” always get positive coverage in the press. “You know why…”

Word is both Dolce and Gabbana and Prada are refusing comment, but we’re guessing this won’t stop Miuccia from listing on the Hong Kong exchange, where shares of her company are expected to start trading tomorrow.

styleite.com

Last edited by a moderator:
Lol looks like Giorgio and Azzedine Alaia both stopped taking their granny meds. I love it.

So we've gone from everyone's job being at risk to everyone slamming other people. The fashion industry is so awesome. :heart:

Lol looks like Giorgio and Azzedine Alaia both stopped taking their granny meds. I love it.
They're both guilty of merely telling the truth.
Giorgio Armani is beyond legendary. He's the last maestro of Milanese fashion. And his brand is easily the most famous brand in the world. Even to this day, an Armani suit is seen as a status symbol. A person who can afford to wear Armani suits is largely considered to have "made it" in the world.

The only place I ever see anyone overhype Prada is here at TFS.

So we've gone from everyone's job being at risk to everyone slamming other people. The fashion industry is so awesome. :heart:

If I'd take any of it seriously I'd loose any shred of respect for those people, but as is they entertain me with their 'statements'. Soap opera indeed! :rofl: :woot:

I love these old farts insulting each other. Keep it coming!

Ha ha, well the bananas and creepers coupled with bright stripes are maybe not quite Armani suave. :wink:

This is coming from probably the only designer who sends the same sh** every season. Regardless if he know's how to make a man handsome, I'll stick with Miuccia and her embellishments and banana prints. :P

This is coming from probably the only designer who sends the same sh** every season. Regardless if he know's how to make a man handsome, I'll stick with Miuccia and her embellishments and banana prints. :P

So, so true.

Looks like slamming is the hottest trend for S/S 2012, though!

^Wait, whatever your opinion on what that man think is, isn't that a bit rude to call him on his age? I mean whatever he's saying doesn't depend on how old is he.

Prada is a more interesting designer than Armani. Dolce & Gabbana, like Armani, is dull and repetitive. NEXT!

They're both guilty of merely telling the truth.
Giorgio Armani is beyond legendary. He's the last maestro of Milanese fashion. And his brand is easily the most famous brand in the world. Even to this day, an Armani suit is seen as a status symbol. A person who can afford to wear Armani suits is largely considered to have "made it" in the world.

The only place I ever see anyone overhype Prada is here at TFS.

:heart:AMEN! during fashion week in Milan, i saw quite a few men wearing prada and to say they looked ridiculous is an understatement. GA is spot on and so was Azzedine with his statement.

Oh no he didn't!

gFHjU.gif

atrl

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Avococo
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->