Giorgio Armani attacks Vogue's Anna Wintour

Reaction score
Taken from PerezHilton.com

Giorgio Armani attacks Vogue's Anna Wintour
The Italian designer Giorgio Armani set fashion tongues wagging after he criticised the industry's reigning queen Anna Wintour.
Speaking at a press conference to promote the upcoming Metropolitan Museum of Art exhibition Superheroes, which he is co-chairing with Ms Wintour, Mr Armani said he could not understand why so many people dislike the US Vogue editor, claiming he was "indifferent" to her.
Not content to leave it at that, Mr Armani detailed what he thought sparked this dislike, referring to her championing of the US and French fashion industries and alleged lack of support for Italian fashion.
Standing with Ms Wintour, who supposedly once declared the Armani era over, he said: "I was told she said that, I hope that she didn't," according to reports in The Guardian.
Distancing himself further from his co-chair, he said they had different taste in clothes.
It was not immediately clear what inspired Mr Armani to break ranks with the traditionally more subtle air-kissing and back-stabbing atmosphere of the fashion world by criticising the industry's most powerful journalist to her face, but Ms Wintour's recent request that Italian designers group their shows more closely together to help US editors save money was not met with joy.
The top Milan shows once stretched over seven days but have now been compressed into four, leaving some lesser-known designers unable to attract top international editors to their shows.
Ms Wintour, whose dragon-like image was caricatured and brought into the mainstream in the film The Devil Wears Prada, based on a thinly-veiled roman à clef written by her former assistant, wields significant power in the fashion world and is often the brunt of criticism.
English-born Ms Wintour, who projects an image of fierce calm from behind her large sunglasses and sleek bob, has dominated the fashion industry for nearly two decades.
Mr Armani's work will appear alongside designs from John Galliano, Jean Paul Gaultier, Thierry Mugler and others in "Superheroes: Fashion and Fantasy", a show that highlights the use of comic book imagery in fashion design. The exhibition opens in New York in May - assuming the co-chairs are still speaking to each other.

Hmm. Interesting for a designer to say that publicly. Thanks for posting :smile:

Nothing new. Armani's been whining about the lack of attention and positive reviews for years now. Anna's not the only person he's b****ed about, Cathy Horyn constantly gets banned form his shows, on a season to season basis.

And why, if he has such a dislike for her, would he co-chair the even that she organizes?

:lol:In a biography I had read about Anna W., these two are like the Paris-Lindsay of fashion-frienemies.....Theire brawls date awhile back...some include Anna not putting enough of his adverts in the magazine. Him throwing a bash in between seasons...and her showing up in a yellow chanel scuba outfit..which clearly ticked of Mr. Armani...and the list goes on!

was that a typo because first he says he doesn't understand why people dislike her then in turn goes on the rant. did he forget to take his hypoglycemia meds? ick....i can't stand neither of them.

Last edited by a moderator:
So is he indifferent to her or does he dislike her? Bah. Two has-beens. What do I care. Other fashion personalities are far more interesting.

Thank God they don't kiss his ***...his shows have been irrelevant for years. The Armani era IS over and has been since the late nineties.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Frikandel
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->