André Leon Talley Drags Anna Wintour

He is entitled to share his feelings but why keep talking about her?...i understand if he want to describe his experience at Vogue but the way he talk about her is childish..there is something off that he is not telling...its not only one day she woke up and say ok i dont need him...there is always a reason, and talking strategically she could use him in order to show inclusiveness at Vogue, now more than before...but Aw would never put herself in the position to answer him.
In the end he could be honest and call the book “my time at vogue”. Even to do a tell-all book you have to be classy.

Who’s handling the pr here?

The tea, omg!

Maybe Grace left because of her aswell?

But I’m not going to be a victim of Anna Wintour. I am not sitting here crying, saying, ‘Woe is me. Anna Wintour has ditched me and pushed me to the curb,’ which I feel she has done. But I’m strong enough to overcome that.”

b*tch?! Two lengthy interviews in promotion of your memoir can be conlcuded in a single word - whining. You are literally sitting here crying, saying ''Woe is me. Anna Wintour has ditched me and pushed me to the curb''. God, the delusions of this man...
Reading the second interview was even more embarrassing than the first because it almost feels like he's trying to justify himself and undo the damage. How do you expect a woman you called incapable of human kindness to just carry on with the so-called ''friendship''? It's pathetic! And borderline disturbing that he believes he's right...

She never knew how to say to me, ‘André, I need you.’”

This is... beyond words. LOL Like is he for real? Oh André, I want you, I need you, oh baby, oh baby. Get over yourself! I can't believe he actually said all those things, it's so humiliating.

Also Ralph Rucci is embarrassing himself. Does he really think he's relevant enough to cancel Anna Wintour? lol
You can hate on her all you want, but to call her meaningless? Delusional.

Also, why now? Why is this all coming out now? Judging by everything that's being said, each of those self-proclaimed ''victims'' of Anna's abuse and psychological scarring enjoyed thriving on her success and fame for decades, but now that they all became irrelevant it's suddenly time to come out with the hate? Incredibly pathetic with an overload of bitterness. They all need to take several seats...

It has been some time since I've laughed out loud, thanks Ralph Rucci! These old queens have time for Anna right now and sound like they're ready to roll in the gutter. I really hope a soap opera producer picks this story up, they'd make millions. And Joan Collins should play the titular role of 'That British woman who sowed so much evil and satanic destruction in the fashion industry.' :rofl:

Rucci is so right tho when he says she has no substance and that compared to any of her predecessors she's just nothing in terms of talent.

And people going so much against André is kind of boring. He's a drama queen and he's serving, and he's kind of right. There are ways and ways to ditch people and I'm quite sure he went through bullying at work during his last days. And I also understand he feels betrayed.

Everyone working in fashion with someone so closely during so many years would probably feel like that. So I'm kind of in his side even if I don't care about any of them.

And normal people working for certain companies making normal money do get a private chauffeur. I see it as normal, and would think it's normal also for people working in the direction of a magazine like Vogue US. Don't get why everybody is so surprised.

Rucci is so right tho when he says she has no substance and that compared to any of her predecessors she's just nothing in terms of talent.

And people going so much against André is kind of boring. He's a drama queen and he's serving, and he's kind of right. There are ways and ways to ditch people and I'm quite sure he went through bullying at work during his last days. And I also understand he feels betrayed.

Everyone working in fashion with someone so closely during so many years would probably feel like that. So I'm kind of in his side even if I don't care about any of them.

But that's what's so interesting, not a single member on here is refuting any of ALT or Rucci's claims. It's more the way they're going about it, the way they reason, and the language they're using. Also, for someone like Anna to exist for as long as she does, she would need enablers and I don't just mean Newhouse or Karl, the ones from every level, like ALT himself who I'm sure were complicit in the very behaviour getting dished out to him now.
And then for him to quietly reach out to Rucci behind the scenes (yes, Rucci let that part slip!) means that this is not about 'speaking your truth', it's about war and mobilising as much help possible to make sure you win. And that is just low-down and dirty.

I see Carine is is getting tagged in a lot of posts, what's that all about? And all this mess is putting Tom Ford in an impossible situation because he's tight with both Anna, ALT, and Rucci. LOL.

He says it in a most dismissive way. Not every EIC has to have the same pattern as their predecessors. Joan Juliet Buck was a fantastic writer and journalist. Her Vogue had a very cultural approach compared to Carine who was a stylist and build the magazine around Fashion in a pure sense.
Anna has a taste and that’s her strength. Andre is a fantastic historian of fashion but Anna make-up her lack of fashion culture by promoting new talents. There was always a war of generation between Anna and the designers from the era before her. It has always been a battle of ego between her and that generation of designers. The generation of designers that rise during her time has the same reverence for her the likes of Rucci has for Vreeland. I know that in the world of Couture in the 90’s, her love for Karl and Christian Lacroix annoyed a lot of people. Nobody dared to stand up in front of Pierre Bergé before her...
So yes, she is not as talented as Vreeland or Mirabella but she had taste and nobody can deny that her taste has provided a lot of great things for fashion. Her Vogue was fabulous for 20 years, the designers she has championed were talented and she has a cultural impact quite new for the fashion industry. There a lot of things wrong about her and her Vogue, I would be the first one to name them, but Ralph’s pettiness is getting out of him (And I love his work).
I see Carine is is getting tagged in a lot of posts, what's that all about? And all this mess is putting Tom Ford in an impossible situation because he's tight with both Anna, ALT, and Rucci. LOL.
I think people who don’t know a thing about the industry (and who pretends to know) sees a lot of parallel between this and The Devil Wears Prada And in the movie, Meryl is making moves for her French counterpart to not take her place.
Carine would never want or dream to be at American Vogue. Everybody knows that. I don’t know if the ones who commented knows about American Culture but if American Vogue is boring, it’s mainly because of the Puritanism and the weight of society. I don’t remember where I saw it but it was a feature or an interview and Anna said that her only regret was that she did not worked more with Newton because of his « risqué » photos and she described the amount of scrutiny it was to feature the few stories he did for the magazine.

"Oh, she did not act alone, she had a diabolical man who assisted in the santanic plan."

Just for that, I can not take any of his words seriously.

Has anyone read his first memoir? it is now out of print and costly to purchase on the secondhand market.

In many ways i feel sympathetic towards him as he has an encyclopedic knowledge of 20th century fashion. He should be working on a textbook for university students. He's wasting his talents.

"Oh, she did not act alone, she had a diabolical man who assisted in the santanic plan."

Just for that, I can not take any of his words seriously.
So excellent I can't believe it. A lot of people in fashion really believe they are working in the most important industry on Earth huh?

Also the best part about that post is all those people commenting like Anna your time is over you are finished etc. I mean...really? Because of an Instagram post by Ralph bloody Rucci? Come on!

When was the last time Ralph Rucci designs appeared on Vogue? i'm wondering.... anyone knows?...

Probably never. I only remember a reject from couture ed by McDean with Maggie Rizer from 2002
And how many times Zac Posen and other not worth remembering young talents she supported appeared and where they are now

Probably never. I only remember a reject from couture ed by McDean with Maggie Rizer from 2002
And how many times Zac Posen and other not worth remembering young talents she supported appeared and where they are now

Yeah, i dont remember as well.....as for others designers, maybe she used them for connections, advertisers, friendship or hypeness...maybe i'm wrong but in the end all editors are like this, right? if they don't feel or believe or its no good for business then don't give them a chance...

When was the last time Ralph Rucci designs appeared on Vogue? i'm wondering.... anyone knows?...

I checked Vogue Archive, and the last time his clothes was featured in editorial is in 2003. But his name is mentioned several times in various articles.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
misterdior
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->