Mariah gets a makeover...

eightyeightkeys said:
Good for her! I like her old, early 90's music and style much much more than today's. I don't mean to assume or make accusitions, but if she did indeed get a breast job, I think she needs to get rid of it. And also die her hair back to her natural brown. And smaller cheeks. And less flash. She didn't always used to look like now...

B00004CRT3.08.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

mariah29.JPG
You're absolutely right! I always thought she was a beautiful girl in those days. Blonde is really not for her.

Congratulations!

They must have found each other, unstylish as they are both... I always wondered myself what Mr Talley had to say in terms of style - You´ll always see him with loads of bling-bling, fur and whatever looks expensive and luxe... dis-gus-ting!

Tinuviel said:
You're absolutely right! I always thought she was a beautiful girl in those days. Blonde is really not for her.

I agree... that blonde hair has to go!

^True. It would be nice to see her in something else than that blonde hair all the time. And even though she makes some horrible dress choices, she's still an amazing singer. =)

Tinuviel said:

Me three!

If I could only choose one aspect of her to makeover today, it would be to find her a supportive bra!! Let's hope Andre has that one coverd :wink:

Spike413 said:
The next time around I think she should go for a Narciso Rodriguez, it's sexy enough but totally covered up, very classic and it's good on pretty much any body type.

i agree with you spike...salma hayek wears narciso quite a bit, and she has a very curvy frame (like mariah) and always manages to look classy and sophisticated.

moussemaker said:
Here is the student with her teacher, at a Interview Magazine party :P

thanks for posting that moussemaker! anyone know who that dress is by? it's better than most things i've seen her in!!

ugh, he took the "horrible" out of the cutoff shorts and tube tops, and transferred them to designer dresses in the form of HUGE ruffles and tutu trains. i would never listen to one word of fashion advice from this man (not to mention i find his vogue articles so horribly full of nothing bu name-drops it puts me to sleep).

that pic of mariah in that suit the night she bumped into her ex was nice though

She's just so exaggerated these days. Her hair is too muc. her boobs are too much. her clothers are too much. Etc.

She need to reel it back in.

she msut lose some weight! n pls put her in other colour then black...looks like she is in perpetual funeral environment...she looks great in the VH1 save the music though

Well... at least she's covered .. but as I said ... the end of days is coming .. Mariah is wearing McQueen and being styled by ALT!!!

she has lookes good as a blonde, remember her "butterfly" days... simple, short and above all sexy, those are my favorite mariah looks.

i think she needs to get rid of those fake tatas ASAP... what's wrong with people nowadays? just because you can doesnt mean you should

she has such potential.. her face is beautiful....
i have to agree that the mcqueen dress did nothing for her, but...
hopefully... things will get better from now on...

OMG, she still looks tacky even after the Andre makeover. Is Andre obsessed with that gown or what? Didn't he have Melania Trump wear it as well!?

Mariah and Andre Leon Talle

Mariah's makeover

2005-05-17 07:00:00

Mariah Carey is to get a much-needed style makeover from Vogue editor Andre Leon Talley.

The sexy diva, famed for her raunchy outfits, recently met the fashion guru at a party and after striking up a close friendship begged Leon - who works for the American edition of the fashion bible - the to overhaul her old look.

Carey's representative Marvet Britto is quoted by America's New York Post newspaper as saying: "Mariah needed guidance. She has an incredible sense of style, but then she went out in outfits like cut-off shorts and tank tops. It was her old team of people telling her to wear that.

"Mariah always said she would love Andre's guidance, and he was thrilled to help."

It is also hoped the respected magazine guru will help to repair Carey's fractured relationships with the major fashion houses.

The 'Butterfly' singer infuriated many major labels after they lent her outfits to wear to public events and she modified them to suit her own taste -prompting them to snub her. Britto added: "Andre is also there to help Mariah's broken relationships with fashion houses. No one wanted to lend clothes to her because when she wore them the clothes would be different - shorter or not worn right - and it wouldn't complete their vision of the clothing

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ericqn
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->