Gucci 'Guilty' Fragrance : Jared Leto, Julia Hafstrom & Vera van Erp by Glen Luchford

sixtdaily

Reaction score
New campaign photographed by Glen Luchford and styled by Suzanne Koller.

Doesn't seem very guilty but ok..

They did well considering what they had to deal with.
Michele is closer to Ford than Giannini both in fashion & beauty IMO. I wish he will bring back Gucci Eau De Parfum or Envy.
This perfume doesn't suit at all the newest aesthetic...I mean, look at the tacky bottle.

The campaign but the overall thing is weird.

So now I can buy the perfume accompanying the world's most apathetic threesome, accessorised with stringy hair.

Gucci is guilty of being anti-glamour at the moment (by Gucci standards), and while it seems like a refreshing change to what came before, it will only sell so well before people yearn for something more glossy, especially when it comes to their perfume and make-up purchases.

I don´t like this shot, too many elements. I think that just a close up of Jared & Julia in the tub would have been more appealing.

That's the least inviting ménage à trois I think I've ever seen. Partly it's the dated bathroom (which looks sleazy in the worst possible way, very mid-'70s gentlemen's mag/kama sutra) but it's also how stiff they all are.

That pink tub is making me uncomfortable.

^ you make that bathroom sound fun.. :lol:

Doesn't seem very guilty but ok..
I don't have a soap opera formation for nothing: married couple, clothed girl is the wife, redhead girl.. they just picked her up from the street.. now wife is having second thoughts but it's way too late.. she's feeling ~guilty~ (friday finale music).

Jared Leto though.. couldn't they find a more early 00s person? I really want to know who in this world finds him attractive? his dreamboy days lasted for about a year almost 15 years ago...

^isn´t he popular with emo kids because of his band? and nowadays is all about youth!

#GuiltyNotGuilty is one of the most stupid hashtags I've ever seen.
This whole campaign leaves me totally cold.

^ahahaha that shows just how much I know/care about Leto :Pink:

I really wouldn't have minded the image so much had it not been for the girl sitting outside the tub. She's such an unnecessary addition and only distracts.

I also like the bathroom setting and Leto and Julia embracing in the bathtub - it's not a bad look for a perfume ad...it feels like a different approach and I appreciate that. I think it would have been a stronger image, though, had they ditched the clothed girl altogether and also if the lighting/image had been slightly more contrasty or just a bit more dramatic? I don't mind that everything looks rosy, but there's not really and visual high and low.

Last edited by a moderator:
Agree with you all ! What I hate the most is Leto's hair/hairline... just wrong.

I don't hate it! I think I love the coherence more than anything. There are a lot of things wrong, yet somehow I can still stomach it. Jared Leto's immaculately styled hair versus the stringy do of the girls, the fact that Julia looks so hesitant (possibly tricked by Vera, who knows), and that ugly shade of pink!

Ultimately it's actually quite impressive how they're steaming ahead with this new direction. This overhaul will really go down as a career highlight for Luchford.

It's very in-line with their direction and it's quite original and unique.
But I still feel suffocated by the dusty-pink tub.

I never thought Gucci Guilty could be funny instead of sexy, what a disaster.
Two teenagers sneaking into Jared's hotel after one of his concerts! This is sick!! :sick:

Last edited by a moderator:
Julia and Vera are gorgeous but this ad is a fail. Jared's hair looks photoshop, too perfect.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rantanplan1980
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->