Gucci S/S 2024 by David Sims

The issue with Frida's tenure is that Ford and Michele's tenures easily overshadowed it. She was somewhat of a "Marc Bohan" in a way.

Frida gave many iconic campaigns.
Glossy rock for Fall 2009 and Wild bohemian for Fall 2008 will always be my fave.
But for this imagine with all the resources possible still doesn't do anything to me :(

I agree Ford ate any Gucci designer. Michelle's had the hype by his side (social media and huge stars), but forgot the glam and the sex. To me Gucci, the one I like, had both elements. Quite pissed off hearing how great he is, like he is in the same league of the McQueens or Gallianos, but he's Jacquemus level. People overrated that guy.

I agree Ford ate any Gucci designer. Michelle's had the hype by his side (social media and huge stars), but forgot the glam and the sex. To me Gucci, the one I like, had both elements. Quite pissed off hearing how great he is, like he is in the same league of the McQueens or Gallianos, but he's Jacquemus level. People overrated that guy.
I think that the reason people praise him so highly is because he broke from the sober minimalism of the late 00s/early 10s.

Ford >>>> Friday > Michelle >> ANCORA guy. I always prefer Frida era campaigns to Alessandro's. But frankly, among Kering labels at that time, nothing could touch Maier Bottega's campaigns...well even till these days

Last edited:
I still remember all of Frida's collections and campaigns. SS2010 with Natasha Poly lives rent free in my head! I only remember a very small handful of Michele's. I can't even recall anything he did in the last couple of years.

I think Alessandro’s campaigns were quite fabulous!
What separates Alessandro to his predecessor and his successor is the story telling. He is a story teller.

Alessandro is a better designer than Frida and Ancora reunited. In terms of skills and pure designs, his clothes are better. Frida’s collections however, were better because they were more focused and edited.

In terms of campaign, however, it all comes from the philosophy.
Alessandro managed to make a believable Gucci without the sex and jetset aspect.

Tom, Alessandra and Frida’s era were really about an idea of a woman or a man. There was an obvious seductive factor in Tom’s campaign but also in the two Alessandra campaigns that were still on that influence.

Frida was maybe less consistent. The campaign with MAS were fabulous even if the collections were terrible. The collections under Emmanuelle Alt era were bad (it got better from spring 2010) but they were focused and the campaigns were a success.
The campaigns under Camilla Nickerson too were good but everything went downhill when Edward Enninful joined.

Frida is good at selling a lifestyle, Alessandro is good at story telling.

With the campaign by Daria, somehow we had a glimpse of that return to a lifestyle. But now, it’s just about a product.

Vision is important because a strong vision will inform the way it is advertised.

With Alessandro a lot of credit to Christopher Simmonds too.
Looking back campaigns from 2018-2020 were fab.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Frikandel
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->