Gucci S/S 2024 by David Sims

WHERE ARE THE REAL MODELS?!!!
seriously, who are these models? they look like the kind you pay with clothes or not pay at all. That blonde one who insists on her left angle like it means something....?!.. that really just plummets the entire thing, not even E.L.F. cosmetic would take that mall model pout.

And don't get me started on what they're selling... the BCBG Max Azria circa 2007 business casual black shorts, what is this.. 🤣

The industry's biggest disease is self-consciousness, people that land something at some corporation and proceed to stay up all night tormenting themselves about just exactly what it means to do what they do, the impact, the importance, the transformation, the responsibility, you'd think they just got elected for president, and the result is this, something so s*itty that came not from not thinking but from driving yourself into the most godawful depressing limbo of nothingness overthinking something that mostly just required some sense of humor about the pointlessness of it all.

Everything related to the word ANCORA is related to a mess IMO. At least, he is consistent. It’s really on the same vibe as the collection.
Gucci had a nice ride nearly 30 years of good fashion imagery. Tom, Frida and Alessandro delivered in terms of visual. Here we are stuck with this.

David Sims is also consistent with his boring group shots from Vuitton to Gucci.

seriously, who are these models? they look like the kind you pay with clothes or not pay at all. That blonde one who insists on her left angle like it means something....?!.. that really just plummets the entire thing, not even E.L.F. cosmetic would take that mall model pout.
Apparently the blonde is Kirsty Hume’s daughter. Another nepo failure.

The other girls are equally terrible, though, so no shade at nepotism, really.

I almost find it fascinating - Sabato’s Gucci. It’s kind of mesmerizing how belligerently oblivious he is to how terrible his output has been and continues to be. The hubris to create all this nothingness and then wax poetically all over social media about ANCORA and LOVE!!!

Insanity!

Apparently the blonde is Kirsty Hume’s daughter. Another nepo failure.
you're kidding! ughhh

I knew there was something! (lol), like yes the other ones are terrible but in a filler model way, the blonde was inexplicably allowed to fully sink this campaign with the silly left angle, the way she's sucking in her cheeks, it's just a little too much and now I know why!, it's the 'daughter of' card that makes people let you get away without necessary corrections..

wheres all the freshness and youthfulness from the show. and the solo shots with the bags is giving americas next top bag model

It's quite hilarious that the most effective advertising campaign under Sabato was with Daria and essentially no clothing of his envisioning.

This campaign is tragically bad. He just does not have the vision to lead a brand like Gucci and it's becoming increasingly more obvious.

Seriously, Sabato is the Matthew Williams x Givenchy partnership all over again. Zero direction, zero vision, and lots of bland marketing ideas probably forced onto him by a team of ex-analysts from Goldman Sachs or Deutsche Morgan.

The direction is too forced and it's not clicking.

There's no sense of glamour, sophistication or an edge that you would expect from Gucci's previous campaigns.

Someone compared this with the firsts Tom Ford/Testino campaigns (group + white background). Self tribute?

Someone compared this with the firsts Tom Ford/Testino campaigns (group + white background). Self tribute?
It was minimal but warm and lively. Models in those pics interacted with each other. The light was incredible in those Testino’s pics and above all, those images portrayed ideas of women and men.

Tom’s campaigns, to his credit, were never really about look 10 photographed by a renowned photographer.

This is just it!

It means "again". It's supposed to represent the minimalist reboot under Sabato.
Imho "ancora" has a negative and nostalgic undertone, a bit like when someone experiences a loss or an obstacle and knows it, but has to continue anyway despite the loss or this obstacle...
My Italian is very basic but I would have went with "piu" or "molto"...

This campaign is so basic, models are so lifeless i want to give them vitamin C and redbull... but the worst feeling, with this white mirrored top, is I can't help comparing with the Testino ad featuring Jacquetta Wheeler...

The online reception to the campaign's posts just seems to be negative overall, but the ones under this post are something else:

View attachment 1244875View attachment 1244876View attachment 1244877View attachment 1244878

LMFAO Why would any brand bother with locations/set designs/props and any signs of life from the cast when any single-digit IQ self-important “activist” that hate fashion and isn’t even a customer, will throw a temper tantrum with the most ridiculous, ludicrous accusations that will get the campaign pulled??? Now a handsome shirtless man cradling a purse gets dragged by the rightwing nuts; not long before their soulmates the leftwing nuts come in to finger-wring with accusations of racist oppression…Just shoot merch on a hanger against a white seamless from now on. Why bother with anything remotely resembling creativity, personality, presence: We are so deep in the fashion era of throwing pearls before swine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stephenandrebecca
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->