[blogsorbeta]

2621586160_0f956743da_o.jpg

2620764039_e23a21788f_o.jpg

2580927036_d56a0df09f_o.jpg

2580926588_7f792b780c_o.jpg

:lol: :blink:

[blogsorbeta]

Last edited by a moderator:
Only fashion item I know in Vietnamese culture is the Ao Dai. Ao Dais are these lovely pantsuits worn by women. They are these flowy pants worn with lovely long tunics. Some even wear those conic hats that I forget are called. As for seeing these outfits, their street style seems to be a lot like some of the style that I've seen here in Houston. Just not sure about the first two pictures in Post #3 as far as seeing anything similar to what's in Houston. Then too, Houston has the largest Vietnamese population in Texas, and third-largest in the United States. So some of these styles I've seen before from some Vietnamese that I've come across. I'm reminded of the peep-toe slingback flats worn by the lady in the third picture of Post #3. One femme I've seen at my community college wore these quite often. She even wore black stockings with those similar shoes and wearing shorts with them.

Maybe since I'm from Houston and know a good number of Vietnamese people, I'm a bit reminded of Ha Noi style in this thread. Thanks to you all for showing off Ha Noi style to me.

I believe in the potential of HN to become the next fashion metropole. The city is very artistic and poetic, serving as inspirations for many designers. We do have many talented designers but they need more financial supports. Song, Ipa Nima, Kelly Bui...they're the pride of Hanoi...just to name a few :D

^^ Yeah, but "ao dai" is more worn to formal events or as a school uniform.

The pics posted are mostly of tourists......... Bring in the pics of the locals! :clap:

Some even wear those conic hats that I forget are called.

Just not sure about the first two pictures in Post #3 as far as seeing anything similar to what's in Houston.

The hat - it's the nón. Believe me, one hardly wears those thess days in the city:-) ppl have to wear helmet when riding their bikes.

I took the pics (post #3) at a vernisage so the ppl were kind of mixed, artists and expats...

The HN style is pretty much the same as in other Asian countries, since the shops offer similar stuffs = I am not talking about designer fashion of course.

They still wear really sexed - up evening dresses during the day or early evening:-) Female presenters even wear lacey stuffs in the tv, which is kind of shocking to me.

Almost all the girls are wearing tigh clothes. I blame it to ao dai, which always shows curves of a woman's body. The scene gets more interesting late afternoon, early evening, when the heat is less intense.

I'll post more:smile:

Last edited by a moderator:
The HN style is pretty much the same as in other Asian countries, since the shops offer similar stuffs = I am not talking about designer fashion of course.

^ I mean HN style for young ppl.

Ao dai
2558701654_bbe1765f21_o.jpg

2557876325_ec9a4bfc3c_o.jpg

Ao (shirt, blouse) dai (long) - the traditional vietnamese tunic. It's kind of a white shirt's equivalent. If doubt, wear (no, not Chanel!) ao dai:-) Women wear them everywhere, esp. in official ocassions. It's kind of kitschy.

You have to wear it with trouser.

I regard think of the ao dai in much the same way I regard the saree or choli in Indian and Pakistani culture. I even see some sarees and cholis heading out to Wal-Mart and stuff. I'll likely agree that these are worn in formal occassions since it isn't very often you see a femme in an ao dai. But when I do see one, they are beautiful. Haven't seen one that I hated.

Viet Nam/Vietnam is recognized as a developing country. It would sure be interesting if some Vietnamese designers end up producing clothing thats lots of people will like. I'll take your word if Ha Noi ends up being the next hotbed of fashion designers and fashionable items.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JanEscher
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->