Los Angeles Street Style

fashionkitten7

Reaction score
Wow, I can't believe there isn't a thread on Los Angeles street style yet. I thought I searched properly....
Anyways, LA street style is the BEST ONE I've seen so far... Angelos simply ROCK the street fashion. I'll try to find some pictures :wink:

big23.jpg
big5.jpg

big14.jpg
big17.jpg

big20.jpg
big16.jpg

la.com

Since no one walks in LA can there really be a street style? Most of those pictures look posed/at events, so agaom that isnt really street style. I am fascinated with LA, but I think it is going to be very hard to find pictures of street style....

MJCouture said:
Since no one walks in LA can there really be a street style? Most of those pictures look posed/at events, so agaom that isnt really street style. I am fascinated with LA, but I think it is going to be very hard to find pictures of street style....

Oh my god, you are so right. When I was there, I basically spent all day in a car, and I couldn't get a sense at all of what the street style is. But then I discovered Third Street Promenade in Santa Monica, which is a really nice pedestrian (!!!) shopping street. But I don't have any pictures.

MJCouture said:

Well, there are some pedestrian area in the city, other than the Third Street Promanade mentioned above, there're also the Melrose Avenue, Hollywood Boulvard, Rodeo Drive, a part of Wilshire and all the shopping centers/plazas the city is full of. There are also the beaches, the Santa Monica Pier...etc. I didn't yet search for pictures, but I will...

Although, Yeah, you're right to some extend, people do spend most of their time in cars there, but I hope we can find pics of street style of those places I mentioned.

thanks for the pics, space ^_^ especially love those two pics of the girls in little vintage white dresses, as well as the girl in red tights. :heart:

it seems a lot of the pics in the scene street style thread also count as LA streetstyle as well because thecobrasnake pics are from LA.

I agree. Not much 'street style' in LA. We have lot's of indoor places though, so that's kind of a street style.

Here're some I found...

la.jpg la1.jpg

la2.jpg la3.jpg

la4.jpg la5.jpg

la8.jpg la6.jpg la7.jpg

I especially love this one ^ picture of a young couple :heart:

gettyimages

Last edited by a moderator:
some more, same source....

la11.jpg la12.jpg

la13.jpg la18.jpg

la15.jpg la17.jpg

la14.jpg la19.jpg

la16.jpg

^ I love this one picture of young Californians on the roof top... :wink: :heart: :flower:

Yeah ... people do really walk in L.A. in their own neighborhoods and they are many and diverse ... but we do spend a lot of time in cars and getting exercise at the gym, instead of walking.

Other good areas for walking around and people watching include; Westwood Village just outside UCLA, Montana Street in Santa Monica, Santa Monica Blvd. in West Hollywood, Belmont Shores near Long Beach, Larchmont Blvd. near Hancock Park, Leimert Park, Toluca Lake, Studio City and Old Town Pasadena. And there's lots of neighborhoods that are just now changing from a bit scary to having more artists lofts and interesting shops anc cafe's ... like the Arts District downtown.

I also wanted to mention the the Getty images are probably not true street style ... since most photographers actually pay models or ask friends to pose, get model releases and then sell them through Getty for commercial uses. So the main people in these images probably have been asked to dress a certain way or have been styled ... no spontanaity.

BetteT said:
Yeah ... people do really walk in L.A. in their own neighborhoods and they are many and diverse ... but we do spend a lot of time in cars and getting exercise at the gym, instead of walking.

Other good areas for walking around and people watching include; Westwood Village just outside UCLA, Montana Street in Santa Monica, Santa Monica Blvd. in West Hollywood, Belmont Shores near Long Beach, Larchmont Blvd. near Hancock Park, Leimert Park, Toluca Lake, Studio City and Old Town Pasadena. And there's lots of neighborhoods that are just now changing from a bit scary to having more artists lofts and interesting shops anc cafe's ... like the Arts District downtown.

I also wanted to mention the the Getty images are probably not true street style ... since most photographers actually pay models or ask friends to pose, get model releases and then sell them through Getty for commercial uses. So the main people in these images probably have been asked to dress a certain way or have been styled ... no spontanaity.

I agree with that, but I just thought those pics are very representative of what people dress like in the city (at least, as far as what I saw is concerned).

toohipforbrooklyn said:
i like l.a. style much more than ny style... its fresher and funnier... :P

I so and full-heartedly agree with you and I would also add that it's much more of a style in L.A. as opposed to NY where I think it's just more about fashion.

:clap: Finally one of my city. A lot of people around LA dress really well.... just the Juicy tracksuit with uggs and a LV speedy with overprocessed hair and silicone boobs set give us a bad name. :ninja:

Maybe I can snap pictures when I'm walking around (yes, I walk around...just I drive to the neighborhood I'm going to walk in :rofl: ) ...I just hope no one kills me for taking their candid....wait, is that against the law? I don't want to get arrested even for the sake of fashion. :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Sephora_Socialite said:
(yes, I walk around...just I drive to the neighborhood I'm going to walk in :rofl: )
Thats how we do it in LA:kiss:

Actually LA people are much more into nature/beeing outside than people in most cities, or at least thats what I gather.

Some actual street shots

ImageHandler.ashx
ImageHandler.ashx

ImageHandler.ashx
ImageHandler.ashx

Got to love the Kitson addicts :lol:
ImageHandler.ashx

stylediary.net

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members