Los Angeles Street Style

UNiQFashionista said:
the girl pumping gas kinda looks like Lilo a year ago
definitely... for a second i thought it was her... :shock:

:lol:

betteT hot spots and hollywould's pics definitely capture LA street style. getty images, not so much.

Here are some more..same as last time. I think that these represent LA street style (at least for the younger, wealthier set) pretty well. I'm going to try to find more pictures that show LA guys' street style, so I'll post those later. Enjoy!

DSCF1520.jpg

118511059_l.jpg

11-25-05103.jpg

248475160_l.jpg

f0fbf0ea.jpg

when my mom and I were in LA/Beverly Hills in September (the sunday of the emmy's) I saw 2 guys on the street in nothing but underwear:doh: One was a young guy dancing outside a store in flame print undies and another was this old man buying a newspaper! I'll have nightmare's about that forever:lol:

i was just in la for a week and i didn't see anything interesting. i saw one girl that stood out, and that was mostly because she looked like shane from "the l word" but asian. that was about it...
i stayed a few days in a dorm on UCLA's campus with my best fried (whole reason i went there) and the rest of the time in his boyfriends house in bel air. ESPECIALLY nothing worthwhile there.

The 2nd pic in post #47 looks influenced by Mary-Kate Olsen at Much Music.

I love the pics you posted Hollywould, they look like what a lot of teenagers are wearing right now.

One of my favorite places to see great style in L.A. is in boutiques. The people working in them usually dress very cute.

Yeah, the salespeople who work in LA boutiques usually have really great style. And we have some pretty incredible boutiques.

But I think the best places to style watch are more under the radar, and that's why tourists might not get the chance to see some really great LA street style. First off, Robertson is a bit overrated. That includes Kitson. Fred Segal is overrun by tourists, but it's still considered hip. There's some good style watching to be done there, if you don't mind the occasional ten year old decked out in Chanel and LV or the over-botoxed mom in the tight True Religions(which, I guess, is an important, if not annoying, part of LA street style)

The best spots to style watch, in my opinion, are the hotspots. Geisha House, Blowfish, the Chateau Marmont Cafe, etc. (technically these aren't all in LA, but they all have the same Los Angeles-y vibe). You'll get to see the most stylish people in the city, as long as you don't mind the price.

love the pics. I love the girls hair in pic 5 in post 48.

Love the look in that second picture in post 47, that's like totally something i would wear. Thanks for the great pictures :flower:

i can't see a # on this post, it is so odd. but i like the girl with long blonde hair in what i am guessing is #48.

LOVE LOVE LOVE the dress this girl is wearing...

11-25-05103.jpg

originally posted by HollyWould

my brother moved to LA a few years ago so I go and visit him a lot and even though the style there seems fun and refreshing in these pictures, when you're actually there almost every teen girl looks like a mary-kate wannabe. it's like being in the twilight zone or something. i admit that the style is kind of cute but it's a little weird how the basic ideas behind it are being free and funky and orginal...yet everyone's doing it and everyone ends up looking the same!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sruggirello
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->