Harper’s Bazaar France March 2024 : Kate Moss by Robin Galiegue & Edie Campbell by David Sims

PIETER MULIER, LA MAGIE ALAÏA
Photography:
Chris Lensz
Styling: Elodie David-Touboul
Hair: Pawel Solis
Make-up: Marie Duhart
Models: Anouk Smith & Stephane Kunn

Harper's Bazaar France Digital Edition

NEW FACES
Photography:
Chris Lensz
Styling: Elodie David-Touboul
Hair: Kalle Eklund
Make-up: Karim Rahman
Models: Greta Oberwalleney, Migoa Goul, Zoe Petit, Em Verleun, Nikki Vrekie & Kate Kraaijeveld

Harper's Bazaar France Digital Edition

This is what Vogue Paris would have been like if Emmanuelle Alt had still been editor in chief with Kate Iselin and Edie, wonderful

LOL if this were the cover of Vogue France Paris (under Alt) people would be mad as hell, but now that this is on Harper's Bazaar France it's great! This is boring to me. I don't want Vogue Paris redux!!

That may be true but that’s because Alt’s individual covers weren’t necessarily bad, she just didn’t change the formula from month to month. I don’t recall French Bazaar really repeating this same formula every month.

It’s a solid issue. Everything is good enough…
But sorry…Emmanuelle’s formulas are very boring to me. We have seen those formulas with the same models over and over and over and over and over and over again.

Emmanuelle Alt, Iselin, David Sims…Come on’ ! At least change the model! I don’t know use an Asian or black model to make your formula look fresh. Because if it’s not Iselin, it’s Edie or Rianne so…

Another fabulous cover from Harper's Bazaar France, who just continue to leave the competition in the dust. Massively here for Kate Moss on the cover, massively here for Galiegue, Alt, the zebra-print - the whole lot. This definitely feels like something Alt perhaps might've given us had she still been editing French Vogue.

Edie & Iselin
Photographer: David Sims
Styling: Emmanuelle Alt
Hair: Damien Boissinot
Make Up: Lucia Pieroni
Nails: Aliyah Johnson
Models: Edie Campbell & Iselin Steiro

harpers bazaar france digital edition

Thank you so much for posting the editorials! Do you know how I can access the digital edition? I looked on their website and searched and couldn't find how to subscribe. I would love to see the fashion credits for this editorial and the Kate Moss editorial.

My first-ever copy of Harper's Bazaar France, after treating myself to a copy (for obvious reasons) last week and I am beyond thrilled. I'm genuinely unable to remember the last time I was so excited to receive/look through a fashion magazine, it's brought back so many fond memories of times gone by. :heart:

It’s a solid issue. Everything is good enough…
But sorry…Emmanuelle’s formulas are very boring to me. We have seen those formulas with the same models over and over and over and over and over and over again.

Emmanuelle Alt, Iselin, David Sims…Come on’ ! At least change the model! I don’t know use an Asian or black model to make your formula look fresh. Because if it’s not Iselin, it’s Edie or Rianne so…
Alt is allergic to Asians you should know better by now

My first-ever copy of Harper's Bazaar France, after treating myself to a copy (for obvious reasons) last week and I am beyond thrilled. I'm genuinely unable to remember the last time I was so excited to receive/look through a fashion magazine, it's brought back so many fond memories of times gone by. :heart:
I am curious what you love about this issue, beyond what you mentioned already? Are there edits that you particularly love? Do you like the paper stock? Would love your perspective on the content.

Last edited:
I am curious what you love about this issue, beyond what you mentioned already? Are there edits that you particularly love? Do you like the paper stock? Would love your perspective on the content.

In all honesty? I'm kinda obsessed with the whole issue. First off, the cover is printed on such thick and glossy card, that the issue instantly feels like a premium product from. Robin Galiegue's somewhat dark cover photograph looks superb with some added gloss. It's a thick issue too, so there's weight and it's not flimsy... helping the £17 purchase feel the spend.

Then, there's the art direction which is very easy on the eye. It's sleek, modern and clean. There's lots of white space but unlike British Vogue, I think Harper's Bazaar France feels fresh as opposed to soulless. Aside from Kate's cover story, Chris Lensz's Alaia story is wonderful and feels so celebratory of Azzedine's heritage. The David Sims story with Edie Campbell and Iselin Steiro genuinely feels like you've gone back in time to Emmanuelle Alt's Vogue Paris - and I'm not complaining.

After this, I most certainly will not hesitate to purchase another copy of Harper's Bazaar France in the future!

In all honesty? I'm kinda obsessed with the whole issue. First off, the cover is printed on such thick and glossy card, that the issue instantly feels like a premium product from. Robin Galiegue's somewhat dark cover photograph looks superb with some added gloss. It's a thick issue too, so there's weight and it's not flimsy... helping the £17 purchase feel the spend.

Then, there's the art direction which is very easy on the eye. It's sleek, modern and clean. There's lots of white space but unlike British Vogue, I think Harper's Bazaar France feels fresh as opposed to soulless. Aside from Kate's cover story, Chris Lensz's Alaia story is wonderful and feels so celebratory of Azzedine's heritage. The David Sims story with Edie Campbell and Iselin Steiro genuinely feels like you've gone back in time to Emmanuelle Alt's Vogue Paris - and I'm not complaining.

After this, I most certainly will not hesitate to purchase another copy of Harper's Bazaar France in the future!
Thank you!

It's a thick issue too, so there's weight and it's not flimsy... helping the £17 purchase feel the spend.
£17 (as I do the conversion) for this issue sounds criminal! In Canada, I think it's being sold for $17. Makes me wonder if they just replaced the £ with a $ symbol. Even though I'm bored by the direction of this magazine, it is nice to get a brand new magazine once in a while. I'm not sure how much longer I'll keep up with it at this rate, though.

That time I ordered HB France without realising there were alternate covers, paying £15 to receive Kendall when I thought I was getting Catherine Deneuve - newsstand.co.uk sorted me out, they really were great, but even the smallest chance of paying that much money for the 'wrong' issue has put me off ever ordering it again.

I do like this Kate Moss cover - especially when I compare it to the current Vogue shoot with Kate lounging on a sofa - but when the price inches toward £20 per issue, would I have paid that for Vogue Paris?

My dirty magazine secret is that I bought a subscription to HB France out of curiosity. The collector in me enjoys having Issue No. 1 onward of a magazine... until I forget about it (like The Gentlewoman and Porter (RIP)). I never received the November issue with Vanessa Paradis which has caused a gap in my collection and I'm too busy hunting down actual good issues of vintage magazines to bother, therefore... my collection has died.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
honeybabe
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->