Harris Reed - Designer, Creative Director of Nina Ricci

According to Wikipedia, his dad is a media, entertainment and technology entrepreneur, with interests in film finance, viral video marketing, motion picture and television production and his mother is a model. I'm sure that helped.

To be honest, I don't like his designs most of the time, but I think he knows who he is as a designer, like I see a clear identity in his brand. I just think questionable taste and bad execution gets in his way a lot, though.

I think he benefited from a time in the last years where the gender-fluid and over the top approach got traction, specially in celebrities. I don't know how things will change in the future. Many places in Europe and America are getting more and more politically conservative when it comes to presentation (or more specifically, gender presentation) so sometimes I've wondered if designers like him will get affected somehow. Just some random thoughts.

I can't fault his parents for using their connections. Could you imagine Harris Reed working in any other field? :lol:

Its really sad to see Showstudio roasting his Nina Ricci season after season objectively, then later Nick Knight photographing his work for Vogue on Naomi (with tons of wrinkles fabrics of course)...
The worst thing is that they actually really liked him before the Nina Ricci appointement. That said, they often switch like this when young designers start becoming successful.

According to Wikipedia, his dad is a media, entertainment and technology entrepreneur, with interests in film finance, viral video marketing, motion picture and television production and his mother is a model. I'm sure that helped.

To be honest, I don't like his designs most of the time, but I think he knows who he is as a designer, like I see a clear identity in his brand. I just think questionable taste and bad execution gets in his way a lot, though.

I think he benefited from a time in the last years where the gender-fluid and over the top approach got traction, specially in celebrities. I don't know how things will change in the future. Many places in Europe and America are getting more and more politically conservative when it comes to presentation (or more specifically, gender presentation) so sometimes I've wondered if designers like him will get affected somehow. Just some random thoughts.

People in this thread (I assume at least some of us are working in the industry like me), still refer Harris as him lol
This fact speaks something

He isn't the only gender-fluid designer tho, his work is very similar to Palomo Spain
Where is Charles Jeffrey that lot I wonder?

He has the same PR as Simone Rocha and Molly Goddard tho, Daisy is one of the best in London

puig seems very invested in his nina ricci in terms of ready-to-wear from what i see on the ground.

hong kong and major japanese dept stores are really pushing the collections market-wise. whether or not merchandise is moving is another story but i did not see this push for the botter(?) duo when they were there. they are serving the same clientele as patou which i'm not sure retailers r buying into because they actually sell stuff or because its LVMH.

puig seems very invested in his nina ricci in terms of ready-to-wear from what i see on the ground.

hong kong and major japanese dept stores are really pushing the collections market-wise. whether or not merchandise is moving is another story but i did not see this push for the botter(?) duo when they were there. they are serving the same clientele as patou which i'm not sure retailers r buying into because they actually sell stuff or because its LVMH.
Honestly, I miss the Botter duo. They had a lot of potential with their debut collection. The issue was that they made really beautiful coats and tailoring for the brand, but they sucked at anything fluo. On top of that, the brand promotion was non-existent during the pandemic.

He has the same PR as Simone Rocha and Molly Goddard tho, Daisy is one of the best in London
at least Simone and Molly's designs aren't solely meant for red carpet, they're things that a slightly quirky non-fashion woman would want to wear - like the kind of woman who haunts DSM could easily slot a big poofy skirt in her wardrobe and they're physically comfortable

this dude?I hope his designs are better made than they appear to be because in shows they legit look like the fashion equivalent of the 'graphic design is my passion' meme.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    alintus
    Back
    monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
    <-- Admiral -->