• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Harry Potter & The Deathly Hallows *Warning - Thread WILL Contain Spoilers*

This is kind of off topic, but I forgot to mention that I seriously loved the little Dean/Luna moments in DH. When I reread, I could definitely see them having a relationship, especially when they held hands during the battle chapter. They spent a lot of time together at Bill and Fleur's cottage, too.(And now I'm disappointed that Luna married some random guy. :lol:)

^^ I enjoyed Dean and Luna as well. I hope the character of Dean will be casted. :flower: I love Luna's character. So creepy and at the same time, cute. ^_^

:lol: Actually to be honest, I would have much preferred if Harry married some random girl... or at least met someone and the epilouge suggested that he was seeing her seriously. Someone we don't know.
But then again, if that was the case--people would be complaining and asking why Harry isn't with any of the main characters.
:rolleyes:

People (including me) do like to complain alot.

^^ I enjoyed Dean and Luna as well. I hope the character of Dean will be casted.

Dean is played by Alfie Enoch http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0257917/

I think JK has a soft spot for Dean. On her offical site she says that Dean was suppose to have a bigger back story and unfortunately it got cut.

I think she made up for this by having him become Ginny's boyfriend/Harry's love rival and him turning up in TDH. But seriously what was that about. It was so random that the trio are out in the woods and Dean Thomas just happens to be hanging out with Tonks dad.

I remembered a part in OOTP which they should have left in- If anything it wouldve made me cry more but thats fine with me. In the book at Christmas, Sirius gives Harry a present and says something like whenever you need me use this, but Harry never opens it. After Sirius dies Harry sees that its that mirror thing and he tries to contact/call Sirius back. Its so sad, so perfect. What a wonderful scene that would have been.

Also, when Dumbledore is talking to Harry at the end, wasnt Harry supposed to REALLY flip out? He trashes Dumbledores office & Dumbledore says 'you've lost everything you've even known, and the last person you loved' or something like that and Harry shouts at him & breaks down. It made me laugh how it was so calm in the movie. Stupid, imo.

edit: found the quote

'You have now lost your mother, your father, and the closest thing to a parent you have ever known.’ :cry:

Last edited by a moderator:
^ Harry was supposed to be so angry in that book; I laughed when he first gets to Grimmauld Place in the movie -- he barely raises his voice to Ron and Hermione, but Fred and George go on like he had screamed and shouted (which he did, in the book).

I know, that's the part I'm talking about. He's supposed to be screaming at Ron and Hermione, all CAPSLOCK :lol:, but he barely raises his voice, and then Fred and George go on and say the lines from the book like they heard him from a whole other room.

I really missed the scene in Dumbledore's office in the movie; it was one of the most emotional scenes in the 5th book and it was just a really good way for Harry to deal with Sirius' death.

^^ :lol: I remember, you're right actually--in the book there was some much angst, baby. Harry was insanely mad and upset at his friends, ignoring him during the summer. :flower:

I just saw the movie again recently and I have so many rants about it now. :lol: My two main ones (skip the second one if you don't like Ginny :wink::(
  • Hermione calling Ron 'Ronald' all the time. I don't think she's ever said it in the book, except maybe calling him Ronald Weasley a couple times. Hermione is so condescending to Ron in the movies, and the way she says Ronald just adds to it. It really makes me dislike Emma Watson as an actress, which I know isn't really fair.
  • They took out all of the important Ginny scenes and gave her pointless lines that weren't even in the book. Ginny asking what would happen if Umbridge found out was completely out of character, especially with Hermione's "Who cares? Breaking the rules is sooo fun" after it.
She had three very important scenes (IMO) that were cut out: the scene where she tells off Harry for forgetting that she was possessed by Voldemort, the Chocolate in the Library scene, and the scene at the end of the book where Ron tells Ginny to "choose someone better next time", and looks at Harry.

I've also just reread the book. Can you tell? :wink:

^^ :wink: Actually, I remember distinctively that the scene about Ginny snapping at Harry because he forgot that Voldemort possesed her... I found that a very emotional scene even though I am not the biggest fan of her character.

I just saw the movie again recently and I have so many rants about it now. :lol: My two main ones (skip the second one if you don't like Ginny :wink::(

She had three very important scenes (IMO) that were cut out: the scene where she tells off Harry for forgetting that she was possessed by Voldemort, the Chocolate in the Library scene, and the scene at the end of the book where Ron tells Ginny to "choose someone better next time", and looks at Harry.

I've also just reread the book. Can you tell? :wink:

Isnt that in the Half Blood Prince when Harry keeps taking the Princes advice from the text-book & Ginny is angry that he's following spells & being led by them and having no clue who wrote them? (if it's not, then I think she must say something similar in HBP too^_^)

Also, I agree about the part where Ron told her to choose better next time! and I really think there needed to be more humourous scenes, because sometimes it was so sombre and monotomous that it lagged. I'm certain that Fred & George had a few one-liners about Percy & Dolores that cracked me up in the books that wouldnt have hurt to add to the movie.

Yeah, there was a moment like that in both the books. They really compliment each other, because in the 5th book, he forgets, but in HBP, he knows instantly what she is talking about and assures her that its nothing like Riddle's diary.

(I have my H/G moments way too memorized. :innocent:)

I really want to read OOTP again but I'll have to wait another 2 week until I have time:(

Nothing will ever beat the books, thats for sure!

in the book there was some much angst, baby

Speaking of angst did anyone else not like the fact in OoTP movie when Sirius dies and it just went quite. Harry was grabbed by Lupin and is screaming but there is no sound. I thought that scene would have been way more powerfull if we heard Dan scream. And I mean a really good scream of emotional pain. That was a big let down for me.

I can't wait to see Harry get all jealous over Ginny with Dean. They better make it look good. Because HBP is shorter than OoTP hopefully they won't leave too much out.

I actually quite liked that part. For some odd reason, it felt worse that I couldn't hear Harry's pain.

Not sure if that was the intent :lol:

185.jpg

[deathly hallows icons livejournal]

^^ :clap: :woot: Whoohoo, even though our pretty little ship (H/Hr) sank, Voldemort has got our back! :rofl:

^^ :clap: :woot: Whoohoo, even though our pretty little ship (H/Hr) sank, Voldemort has got our back! :rofl:

I might be over analyzing this but I took this as a dig at us :rofl: Because Voldemort showed Ron an image of H/HR kissing :lol:, therefore he is on our side but if a man who knows no love is a H/HR shipper, that leaves us nowhere :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
prodigal96
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->