Helmut Newton - Photographer

JHB

Reaction score
Helmut Newton - The legend of the photography deserved its own thread.

Note: Please don't post directly huge pictures, it's better to post links and thumbs.:flower:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cindy Crawford "The Venus de Monaco" by Helmut Newton for Vogue USA 1991.
Fashion Editor: Andre Leon Talley
Scans: www.bwgreyscale.com

Download here the behind the scenes with Cindy and Helmut, fascinating! credit:www.Cindyplanet.com

http://www.cindyplanet.com/pages/bio_videos/b_1995house_08.wmv

HELMUT NEWTON: the big Swedish, German, and American girls came on the scene in the ‘80s. They were built like truck drivers, which is the look that I like. It was the heyday of the super models like Cindy Crawford — Cindy had a great quality. Then it went back to this kind of zonked-out, anorexic girl in the early ’90s.

Last edited by a moderator:
jennifer~ said:
I'd love that this thread would flourish. :shock:

To aid...

Thanks Jennifer! :flower: , classic editorial, don't you know the name of the models?, year?, I guess 197.....7? 8?

Ok, Gia Carangi!

These are not actually the works of Helmut though...
They're from the editorial "Hello! Helmut!" of Vogue Korea September 04.

:wink:

JHB said:
Thanks Jennifer! :flower: , classic editorial, don't you know the name of the models?, year?, I guess 197.....7? 8?

Ok, Gia Carangi!
French Vogue, March 1979... and Gia, indeed... I can't identify the other model, though, sorry...

mods girl said:
These are not actually the works of Helmut though...
They're from the editorial "Hello! Helmut!" of Vogue Korea September 04.

:wink:
The white background shot on the left HAS to be Terry Richardson, no?

Great thread! Helmut Newton is one of my all time favorite photographers. He and his wife Alice Springs were geniuses. They just seemed to do great pics of celebrities like Grace Jones, Dali, Parisinian socialites, and even royals!

1971-catherine deneuve by helmut newton...

saddle I, for vogue homme, paris, 1976
rue aubriot, for french vogue, paris, 1975
private property, new york, 1992

ok, i see testino, richardson, klein and even some lachapelle in here... and the thread aint even 1 page long! what a master :heart: :flower: what makes his photography so great is that he always exhalted women's sexuality, be it sweet, plain candid or even perverse

toohipforbrooklyn said:
...what makes his photography so great is that he always exhalted women's sexuality, be it sweet, plain candid or even perverse

Agreed. And he did it with class and good taste! :blush:

Newton was a genius - the lighting, perfect contrast, the structure and beauty - just amazing. A few really astonishing shots from 70s/1980s Paris Vogue.

testinofan said:
Geatt Editorial thand i loveed you have more ed from Newton??
And other question you have scans from Mario Testino eds o ads 1995/96? thanks in advance byebye

nop, I scanned that editorial from a 1995 Vogue Magazine, but at that time Testino was not working for Vogue, I would say he was a little underated, at the end of 1995 he started to be great with the famous Gucci 1995 campaign with Amber Valleta.

Thank you guys for posting these two pix, I love them. :flower:

attachment.php
attachment.php

JHB said:
nop, I scanned that editorial from a 1995 Vogue Magazine, but at that time Testino was not working for Vogue, I would say he was a little underated, at the end of 1995 he started to be great with the famous Gucci 1995 campaign with Amber Valleta.

Ahh ok thank and you have ads from Gucci 1995 of Amber?? me have only 2 thanks in advance

swarovski-helmut_newton.jpg
Swarovski
41adfe4557a0d_big.jpg

Grace Jones e Dolph Lundgren, Los Angeles 1985

God, what could I possibly say about this man that hasn't been said a million times before....he was a genius, truly a genius.

And I LOVE that photo of Catherine Deneuve in the 40's YSL with the cigarette...so chic!

Some more Newton...

newton1.jpg
4_g.jpg

A030618_EF_NEWTON-HELMUT-LE-BAISER_V_V.JPG
newton.jpg

Newton6_250.jpg
Models-Helmut_Newton.jpg

newton12b.jpg

cs-div+newton307.jpg

newton04.jpg

JvH_HNW_01_Kylie_Bax.jpg

JvH_HNW_07_Catherine_Deneuve.jpg

JvH_HNW_11_Window.jpg

and I love this editorial from Vogue May 2001....

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lovetolove
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->