Helmut Newton - Photographer

I don't know if this is appropriate for this thread, but when did he last photograph Daria? Or if she wasn't the last girl, who was it and when?

contiguous said:
I did read about his $1000 or so book with a designed stand to hold it up... amazing. I love helmie
oh yeah, that book... it was around $49,000 pesos here in mexico... around $4000 american dlls... :innocent:
it did come with the stand, too

'Helmut Newton said, 'There is never too little light. If you have a tripod, and a little lamp, you can make a beautiful picture,' he says. 'Penn showed me importance of using equal amounts of light, that if you use a strong direct flash, there should be equal indirect soft light. Light is photography, and both of those men know it.'

from http://www.markarbeit.com/home.htm#

Last edited by a moderator:
i like his relaxed, looser works like the one with bellucci and the lipstick and all those fashion photos where tension sort of ripples under the surface a lot more than all those staged shots with all those s&m props which i kind of hate :ninja: ooo and i just saw the hunger with denevue and it's like a newton picture in motion...the lesbian sex scene was beautiful:heart: :ninja:

fouroclock said:
I don't know if this is appropriate for this thread, but when did he last photograph Daria? Or if she wasn't the last girl, who was it and when?
Italian Vogue ran a posthumous shoot with Mariacarla Boscono, proclaiming it as the 'last' of something, but I can't recall what. It was certainly one of his final shoots, if not just his last for the magazine...

This is my favorite.

(photo by me, from Sex and Landscapes.)

nouveau said:
i like his relaxed, looser works like the one with bellucci and the lipstick and all those fashion photos where tension sort of ripples under the surface a lot more than all those staged shots with all those s&m props which i kind of hate :ninja: ooo and i just saw the hunger with denevue and it's like a newton picture in motion...the lesbian sex scene was beautiful:heart: :ninja:

i agree. the staged ones seem to be almost out of character for him. his earlier works are absolutely fantastic! thanks for the photos!:heart: pavement, is that erin o'connor? just curious. it's a wonderful image.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
terarcher1111
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->