Hermès Scarves

Les Parures Du Vent is the name of it, it's in a pink colorway. It appears to me to have an automobile theme? As far as I can tell, I believe it to be authentic, but I am not so much of an expert. It is the same size as all my other authentic ones and the detailing seems to be right. It's not a design I truly am absolutely in love with, but I love the colors. It may be one that I eventually have pleated, as I don't have any that are!

Congrats, chaneladdict, the Parures de vent must be gorgeous in pink! You are right, it depicts hood ornaments of automobiles. They seem to be a mix of fantasy and real, the one in the bottom middle looks like RR's 'Spirit of ecstasy', only that irl the figure stands straight. If you don't care too much for the design, pleating is an excellent idea, and would also confirm the authenticity of your scarf. Enjoy!

Wearing a Coaching 70 Carré

crisscross.jpg

It's a light pink with green and the gold accents of the ornaments. I haven't seen it in the pink in any of the databases, that's my only reservation about the authenticity. Otherwise, it feels and looks like my others.

I just had a look at their official site and I loved two prints: "La vie du Grand Nord", in black background (36" x 36") and "Flacons", in white (28" x 28"). Tell me what do you guys think.

Thank you, cheiby11 :smile:

Perhaps some of the reissues will be to your taste, Christiana. For this fall it will be Éperon d'or, Soirée de Gala, Sichuan, La vie du grand nord and Le Timbalier. Good luck!

Oops, I just saw that you replied to me, Mai Tai. :blush: Thank you so much! As you see in my previous post, I did like La Vie du Grand Nord a lot!!! :heart: So now I have to check out your other suggestions. I'm sure they're going to be fabulous. Keep them coming! :flower:

I just had a look at their official site and I loved two prints: "La vie du Grand Nord", in black background (36" x 36") and "Flacons", in white (28" x 28"). Tell me what do you guys think.

Would you mind posting the pictures? :flower:

I prefer the Flacons in white by far because of the colors and it seems much easier to wear than the other one.

Thanks much for the thought! :flower: You can be sure that the 2010 version of the Flacons is indeed gorgeous. By the way, this is going to be my very first Hermes scarf, so I wouldn't like to risk it. I want to pick one that can be combined with pretty much everything, if possible, and that can be worn all day long. :P

Hermes never fails when it comes to scarves. The new Falcon one is amazing as are the others of course..

Hi ladies (and guys)! Wow, there has been a lot of action on this thread since yesterday, how fabulous!

Many thanks for your lovely words, dear Christiana, you are too kind :flower:Aren't H dilemmas just the sweetest? Love both of the scarves you have pre-selected. Is is possible for you to try them on? Often this will make the descision easy, whichever one illuminates your face most, and makes your heart beat fastest! Have fun choosing your first scarf, and keep us posted :smile:

PS. You might like to know about the 90 reissues of SS2011: Alphabet des Metiers, Doigts de Fée, La Ronde de Jockeys, Grand Manège et Cuirs du Désert

I could not agree more with you on H scarves, fashionablynumb. I hope you meant 'Flacon' instead 'Falcon', if not, I must have missed out on something!

Oh Mai Tai, I'm so glad you replied again so soon! I see wonderful news regarding the 2011 reissues! :woot: I have to check out your blog as well today.:wink:

You asked me if I could try both scarves on first. Well, here's an issue. I don't really know what I'm going to find at the Athens boutique. I so hope they have them both! There's also another boutique in Myconos, but let's just say that this island is not my cup of tea (hate it actually! :sick::P)... Fingers crossed, both scarves and many more could be available here in Athens! By the way, I loved Soiree de Gala as well. So that one would be my No3.:D

Keep in touch, please! :flower:

I like the vie Nord one better myself (I tend to like some of the quirkier versus classic) but both are great, and like what Mai tai said, whichever makes your heart beat fast! Hermes is meant to do that! I need to decide what one I am going to look for on my annual trip in December! I'm definitely adding an older one from it's all goode soon!

Very much hoping that Athens has your top three choices in stock, Christiana, fingers crossed. When there, ask to try on as many scarves as possible. So often when going to a boutique, I had a specific scarf in my mind, and ended up buying something completely different. It is so important to see how they look when knotted, and next to your face, as different colors or patterns are prominent to when it lies flat. Once you have found your scarf, you'll know immediately, as you wouldn't want to take it off! It was great seeing you on my blog, thank you for stopping by. Good luck on your scarf, and let us know how it went!

So true about the orange kick, chaneladdict! Depending where you go, you might see SS2011 stock in December too, lucky you! For some reason, here in France they hold most of the new season's scarves back until after Christmas.. Have fun shopping chez Its-All-Goode, she is the best!

I will be in chicago, they usually don't have ss out then, but per usual, I'm sure I won't have a hard time finding something...I've had my eye on one you own, The cent plis de Miao, I'm thinking the orange color way as I don't have an orange lady in my collection!

Finger's crossed for a successful haul! The CPdM is absolutely stunning in every CW, and I hope an orange lady will come home with you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
terarcher1111
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->