• The Red Carpet Highlights of... The 77th Annual Cannes Film Festival 2024!

• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Hilary Duff and Joel Madden call it quits

Honestly, I'm surprised the relationship lasted as long as it did, given that they are celebrities. Shame they're broken up though, they seemed a nice enough couple.

I'm SO GLAD !!!
He was ugly and they were not a perfectly matched couple ! date me Hil'r ! what bout a frenchy ?!? AHAHAHAH

they were cute together

from cobrasnake

Attachments

• IMG_0700.jpg
    IMG_0700.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 11
HILARY DUFF AND JOEL MADDEN: INCOME DISPARITY
duffmaddencut001112906ix4.jpg

Just as we predicted last July, Joel Madden and Hilary Duff 's romance was headed for disaster. And it's MORE than their eight year age difference. (Joel was Hilary's first real romance) Money was the big stumbling block. Their incomes are at opposite ends of the spectrum - Hilary is earning millions with her music and acting and Joel's band Good Charlotte is struggling to make a comeback. And of course, Hilary is out of town most of the time working somewhere, and long separations ignite suspicions. Joel even had Hilary's bodyguard reporting back to him on her activities. Finally they realized that although they still care about each other, they just weren't as happy as they used to be, and they called it a day. Still, we suspect a lot of texting will go on before it's really over.

janetcharltonshollywood.com

^ personally i think thats a lie. I really think hilary was cheating on him with k-fed and is going to africa to adopt AND have a baby..

Pft! why dont we add a drug addiction, eating disorder and father issues and we'll have a really good story lol

sorry hate how dramatic they get about break ups..

I keep reading this as "Hilary Duff and John Madden," and the mental picture is horrifying.

Attachments

• 2003-02-27-madden-inside.jpg
    2003-02-27-madden-inside.jpg
    7.5 KB · Views: 85
  • hilary_duff.jpg
    hilary_duff.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 84
Last edited by a moderator:
lots of people who look cute together break up. period. Looking cute together in public has never, and will never be an indicator of a happy, healthy stable relationship.

that being said, while any break-up is sad, it's probably good for her since she's very young and got into this relationship at an even younger age. do any of us still want to be dating the person we were 'in love' with at 17? *shudder* I know my judgement wasn't spot-on at that age.
most people don't marry the person they fall in love with as a teenager, so this is totally normal. hopefully they can remain friends and have learned wisdom from this relationship that they can bring to future relationships.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aeroplvne
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->