How Do You Wear Fishnets?

I love fishnets! Mind you, it's the outfit that determines the sluttiness rating of fishnets. I like to wear them in different colours. Black can look a bit hooker-ish. Brown, grey and coloured ones over black opaques are really cool. Or try different sizes of the net pattern, not just the traditional pattern. Wolford and Aristoc have a great selection.

I wear fishnets in any colour bar black. I wear them cut off, with the foot as a sock or just cut off. I wear them over opaque tights in an other colour. I only ever wear tightly knit, small fishnet, no big fish nets for me.

I agree with Luna on this. A little goes a looong way! Much like animal print, IMO :wink:

However, I'm also intrigued by the layering brought up. Have never tried it myself, but I like the idea. Thanks ladies :flower:

i used to won some bright pink fishnets with the larger sized holes:ninja: i admit i did not wear them well:lol:

but i do love lacey tights and i have some lace leggins to be getting along with i wont be doing the fishnets for a while after my experience with them!:innocent:

plus dont you find them really hard to get on since they have all those holes!?

^I do the fan bunching thing with tights to get them on. And I try not to sit down at trendy restaurants with sharp chairs! Learnt that the hard way....thanks to Busaba Eat Thai :wink:

yeah the holes don't go on that graciously:blush: but try the bunching up first and then unroll them. i must agree colored ones are best, but i love my coffee colored ones too! especially with a conservative suit.

I cut all my fishnets to make leggings..

Alone, whats the point of wearing hose underneath if you cant see them but feel them?

ia gree with ta-ta, melisande and hanne...:flower:

i prefer a more crochet pattern to just a plain fishnet...
i think they look great with the right (grown-up) outfit...tres chic...
and my fave pair is a grey one that i have...

i have lots of them actually...
i love hosiery of all kinds!!...
i wear them with boots and skirts mostly...
*i've got a couple of burgundy/plum crochets now that i am looking forward to experimenting with..

i don't wear fishnets . . not really my style
too many faux punk connotations in my head :lol:

but i have to agree crochet & lace is a much fresher way to wear 'holey' tights :wink:
much more delicate, sweet & romantic imo :heart:

I bought some new ones yesterday :woot:

One is a really large bold pattern in black, large holes that are going to be a challenge to get on ... the other pair has a paisley pattern with fishnet in the paisley. Also black.

What I really want I haven't been able to find yet, pewter or grey. So I am jealous to hear of the pair in softgrey's closet :wink: Are they Wolfords? Do you mind if I ask whether they're still made?

White cotton shirt, black wool plain waistcoat, my grandfather's pocket watch, pearl or diamond stud earrings, wool pencil skirt, black leather stilettoes..and black fishnets.. no-one ever accused me of looking like a streetwalker LOL

an example of how i wear fishnets....
these particular ones are brown....
i've never thought to layer them over something.....seems as though it would feel too 'bulky' for me....but its an interesting idea....

and i had flats on my feet, this day....

Attachments

• sept20fishnets.jpg
    sept20fishnets.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 26
fashionista-ta said:
What I really want I haven't been able to find yet, pewter or grey. So I am jealous to hear of the pair in softgrey's closet :wink: Are they Wolfords? Do you mind if I ask whether they're still made?
dkny...
i have no idea when i got them...sorry...
chris can tell you...i have storage containers of unopened hosiery...
i just buy stuff when i see it-often when i travel...
and then keep it until it feels like the right time to wear them...

i am toying with the idea of doing all grey hosiery this fall...
but i don't know if i am that disciplined...:ermm:

i'm having a serious fashion 'crisis'...
i need help...:ninja:...

*that looks quite nice adoref. ...:flower:

Check out Monique Lhuillier's A/W 05 collection on style.com. She made fishnets look super-classy:

w7508790.jpg
w7508788.jpg

I like:
black wrap dress
oversize fishnets (larger diamond pattern)
tall black boots

Every magazine seems to be telling us that by wearing CREAM fishnets, it somehow detracts from the sluttiness of fishnets. I've been looking for some cream ones to try this out......very hard to find though. I can only find white ones, which are a bit doll's costume-esque.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucilam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->