How Do You Wear Fishnets?

Fishnets are nothing to be afraid of. It would take a lot more than hosiery to get people confused about what kind of working girl I am :D That said, I do not wear plain fishnets; I always get a more complex pattern, like double fishnet or more of a crocheted look or I have some that have a small fishnet overlaid with a big pattern that looks like ballet laces going up your leg. I wore them all last winter and no one ever looked at me askance ... usually with long skirts with a slit in the back, which does in fact create a peekaboo effect.

me too i usually get them with a pattern, and i wear them with pencil skirts or jeans :smile:

I've worn fishnets over patterned or printed tights. It looks better than patterened tights on their own - the fishnet gives the leg more shape and gives the pattern more definition.

I've worn fishnets over patterned or printed tights. It looks better than patterened tights on their own - the fishnet gives the leg more shape and gives the pattern more definition.

This sounds intriguing, any chance of posting a pic? If not of your gams, then maybe find the look online? I'd love to see it! Thanks. :flower:

I attempted wearing them under a pair of semi-sheer black tights. It's a much more subtle approach and I loove it. Though I would like to try it with true sheer tights.

Kmccormi, this is what I meant:
tights.jpg

^very creative! :flower:

I used to wear fishnet type stockings with tall boots and skirts....so just a bit of the stocking was visible. Haven't really been feeling them the last few seasons though. :ermm: Something in wool--ribbed or dense crotchet--feels like a better alternative to me, at the moment.

my favourate look with fishnets is a pencil skirt and my sheared (black) mink coat which just about covers the skirt. I alwasy wear black pumps with em too

I got these baby-fine fishnets at Target. Although they're so fine it almost defeats the purpose. They mainly just look like sheer tights from a distance.

Luckily they look rad with my new shoes. :blush: B)

Attachments

• Sept30-085.jpg
    Sept30-085.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 4
  • Sept24-004.jpg
    Sept24-004.jpg
    164.3 KB · Views: 4
from a mans point of view (well just my point of view) fishnets can make beautiful legs even more beautiful and if women wear them with style its just absolutely beautiful to look at.

i think it takes more than just fishnets to look like a hooker. a nice elegant outfit and fishnets are superb. fishnets with sneakers and a colorful outfit is also nice and damn funky. both of those ways of wearing fishnets are imo "hookersave" and i don't think people would perceive women as hookers if they wear it (just maybe really old guys who don't know what's up but who cares).

I have fishnets in several colours - black, red, purple & pink. If I wear them with a casual short skirt & flattish boots, I often wear a pair of over-knee socks on top

Generally with fishnets I try to tone down my general look a bit ..

I usually contrast the sexiness (sometimes even trashiness) of fishnets with conservative clothes & accessories ... so it tones down the sexuality of it.. or wear my hair messy .. Because with fishnets you can go wrong so easily. -_-

What do you think of flesh coloured fishnets? And what about fishnets on 'generously proportioned' legs? IE an overall slim person with slightly thicker legs... Sick of my damn legs limiting my hosiery options *sigh*

I love flesh-colored fishnets. They are perfect for those outfits that would look best with bare legs, but it's too cold out. I like flesh-colored sheer tights as well (especially stockings with a visible seam in the back). Yes, you read correctly. Flesh-colored sheer tights. I can be even more vulgar and call them nude hose.

Anyway, fishnets don't add the illusion of bulk the way some patterned and/or brightly colored tights do, so I think anyone can wear them.

Sometimes I think with fishnets it looks best to wear a longer skirt & not show the widest part of the calf ... somewhat depends on the look you're going for though :wink:

I like to wear them with certain dress, skirts and sometimes even shorts even.

I've heard wearing white fishnets look great on pale people. (I'm naturally as white as a ghost.) But I've yet to find a proper pair.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ericqn
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->