In Search Of....The Great White Shirt...

i actually got a really nice white shirt from old navy last weekend, its a 3/4 length sleeve and its a thick cotton, so your bra wont show thru

arpege said:
I just went to the site; those shirts look great! :wink:

They are, indeed. :shock:

According to the site, an Anne Fontaine store opens up in Bal Harbour sometime soon. I'll have to check it out.

i really like what you guys came up with...
surprised no one said GAP...

:P

Talking of which...

Unless you like your shirts thinner than Karl Lagerfeld's real hair, avoid H&M.

PrinceOfCats said:
Talking of which...

Unless you like your shirts thinner than Karl Lagerfeld's real hair, avoid H&M.

Never seen H&M shirts, but that sounds scarily similar to Dior Homme button downs which cost like 10-12 times as much. DH shirts look slick as hell with the small collars and fitted cut...BUT that's only for the first few wears. The collar frays FAST, which isn't what I want in a $450 shirt. The collar on my white shirt is no longer lying flat on the right side.

Fade to Black said:
Never seen H&M shirts, but that sounds scarily similar to Dior Homme button downs which cost like 10-12 times as much. DH shirts look slick as hell with the small collars and fitted cut...BUT that's only for the first few wears. The collar frays FAST, which isn't what I want in a $450 shirt. The collar on my white shirt is no longer lying flat on the right side.

That's madness. For $450, I'd at least expect brass collar-stiffeners.

what about armani or chanel?...
and hermes...ralph lauren...prada?...

I like Ralph Lauren shirts a lot, except for the polo player. I guess the purple label doesn't have visible logos? They are really good shirts IMO.

My favourites are CdG shirts, love the quality and the loose cut; perfect airy summer shirts. Not so good if you need something sharper and dressier though...

softgrey said:
what about armani or chanel?...
and hermes...ralph lauren...prada?...

I have a silk Prada shirt I got in Oxfam. The quality of the silk is nasty - it's that very thick, coarse cheap-feeling silk.

My APC shirt (suprisingly not bought at a charity shop) is very nice quality for a more modern shirt.

guy rover

05he-11-3-11.jpg

that store at rockerfeller center...
anne fontaine...
every white shirt in every detail...

gorgeous.

calexico said:
that store at rockerfeller center...
anne fontaine...
every white shirt in every detail...

gorgeous.

She opened a store there? She's doing well, I guess. She also opened an outlet up at Woodburry, but the mark-downs are flimsy.

yes, it is a small boutique at rockefeller center...
fifth and 49th i believe...
but i am a bit hazy on the cross streets so don't quote me on that...

calexico said:
yes, it is a small boutique at rockefeller center...
fifth and 49th i believe...
but i am a bit hazy on the cross streets so don't quote me on that...

It's her 3rd NYC store in about 6 years - not bad.

Brioni, Dunhill, etc. has great shirts but the problem is they're not as versatile and is better reserved for dressed up, really tailored suits.

This season, the shirts by Y's have gotten a lot more slim and have nice details. The shirts I tried on the other day are almost on par with DH shirts for slimness, they really hug the figure. I also dig the collar of Y's shirts which is relaxed yet still frames the face in a nice way.

Dolce & Gabbana seems to have nice plain shirts that can be dressed up or down but I can't find any around here, they only have the weird, loud shirts.

two words- margaret howell- i'm a total convert for her well cut shirts

I was down in London visiting King's and I went into Richard James, their abstract print shirts are LUSH.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eneida
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->