Influence Magazine

LolitaLuxe

Vision of Paradise
Reaction score
influenceB.jpg

Influence is the ambitious name of a new publication launched last month by former American Vogue creative director Raul Martinez. Billed as an art magazine at the convergence of visual culture, the moody debut issue features the likes of Nigel Cooke, power duo Inez van Lamsweerde and Vinoodh Matadin, and Gerhard Richter, while posing questions like "Where will we mark the distinctions between the sacred and profane?" and "What place is there for the unknowable within the everyday?" The essays are good, but be ready for a heavy dose of art speak.

does anyone have this??

:woot: wow, no i dont and i need a copy now (i'll have a look tomorrow :wink: )

:flower: flowers to you lolita, thanks

Loving the lick on the arm, :lol:

Looks interesting Lo, but I doubt I'd find it here!! :cry:

Originally posted by lil'missy@Nov 6th, 2003 - 11:44 pm
sounds interesting but pretentious at the same time.
I agree. But if it ever hits the stands here I'll be sure to check it out. :wink:

Supa' thanks, Lo! :flower: :heart:

Interesting. :shock: I'll definitely be on the lookout for it.

Thanks for posting this, Lo. :flower: :heart:

yes, i do! :woot: i got it a week ago, $7.00
very good quality mag with tons of beautiful sophisticated photography & ineresting essays.
almost NO ADS! honestly, i have not read it all yet, but i will :innocent:

Includes art of Matthew Barney (and analysis of some of his work), Ralph Eugene Meatyard,
Francesca Woodman, Tierney Gearon ( disturbing), Emma Wilcox, Ed Ruscha, Nigel Cooke,
Ulf Lundin, Stuart Hawkins, THE GREAT Johannes Vermeer, weird photos from NASA, even weirder enlarged photos of cat fleas :blink: amazing phots of Kate Moss, Tasha Tilberg & other models by Inez Van Lamsweerde & Vinoodh Matadin...

may be i'll post some of my faves later!

Originally posted by Serena@Nov 9th, 2003 - 3:01 pm
yes, i do! :woot: i got it a week ago, $7.00
very good quality mag with tons of beautiful sophisticated photography & ineresting essays.
almost NO ADS! honestly, i have not read it all yet, but i will :innocent:

Includes art of Matthew Barney (and analysis of some of his work), Ralph Eugene Meatyard,
Francesca Woodman, Tierney Gearon ( disturbing), Emma Wilcox, Ed Ruscha, Nigel Cooke,
Ulf Lundin, Stuart Hawkins, THE GREAT Johannes Vermeer, weird photos from NASA, even weirder enlarged photos of cat fleas :blink: amazing phots of Kate Moss, Tasha Tilberg & other models by Inez Van Lamsweerde & Vinoodh Matadin...

may be i'll post some of my faves later!
Thank you for the preview, Serena. :flower:

thanks very muchs erena sounds amazing, I adore mathew barney

hmmm pictures of cat fleas and matthew barney, i was right it is a pretenious magazine.

Originally posted by lil'missy@Nov 11th, 2003 - 1:41 am
hmmm pictures of cat fleas and matthew barney, i was right it is a pretenious magazine.
you have a point ... :lol: lots of pretentious words in their essays too.
but sometimes pretentious is good, makes you appreciate simplicity even more B)

since its not here yet, i just ordered an issue, thanks for the preview Serena :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anna Nilufer
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->