J Brand Jeans

Ive been eyeing up a great pair on yoox.com, im definately gonna get them!

Question, is the slim fit made for skinny girls with small butts?

I would say 'yes'. I've tried on several on the styles and most of the time, I have a problem because the rise is too low like 7 or 7.5" which works better if you have a smaller bum, in my opinion. And they are cut quite narrow through the thigh. But again, it depends on the exact style because some of their skinnies are cut like that, and some aren't. If you look on shopbop, they give you the rise measurement which is helpful.

i can honestly say i love my j brands and i've tried a lot of jeans.. r&r, silence&noise, bdg, citizens, 7s, joes, ksubi etc etc they are my favorite. they have this slimming effect if u get the super dark wash. i have the 910s in blackish inkish i forgot what it is, it's so super dark.

i was wondering if anyone had the j brand 11" "leggings". they call them leggings but they definitely are denim.. they look so comfy!

JBRA-WJ409_V1.jpg

revolveclothing

also anyone try the Twill j brands?? it's japanese twill or something..

has anyone tried the torn jeans? how do they fit?

Well I just came in here to comment on the disappointment I have with the J Brand jeans that I bought. I know a lot of people in here have had great experiences with them, which is why I bought them, but the quality on the pair I bought was so shoddy.

The pair I bought were black skinny 'blue label' curvy jeans. They fit really well and I ended up paying a fairly high price for them because I got them at Anthropologie in the UK (the only place I've ever seen this particular style sold). anyway, after wearing them 8-10 times (and washing them once, maybe twice) when I bent down to inspect a table at Ikea they simple tore through on the inner leg. There was no thinning of the fabric, they didn't gradually wear through (and what jeans wear out after 10 wears), it was like the fabric was weak and simply tore.

Long story short, I thought it would be better to repair them then get a partial refund (since I no longer had the receipt). I also noticed the denim was pulling away from the seams, so when i got back to Canada I took them to a tailor here and had them take in and re-stitch the thigh seams and also sew the hole that had sporadically opened. i tried them on after the repairs and they still fit well and as I bent over to pull the leg up on the jeans, they 'burst' again, in two places on the same leg the tear happened before. So I guess I will just have to throw them away. It sucks to have to pay 180 pounds on a pair of jeans (plus repairs) and have them not last at all.

Anyway, just wanted to vent :P If someone is thinking of purchasing this same style - don't!

^I never got the buzz around J Brand jeans anyway. They're so overpriced and don't even fit nicely. My butt looks very square in them and I thought I might have gotten the wrong size on my pair, but they even look like this in most online shops. In the front they look great and make your legs look really long, but the back :yuk:
I got the cavalry skinnies a while ago and most of the side buttons came off after wearing them three or four times. It was so annoying. And also, above the knee the stretching is so off, instead of fitting tight there they're kind of bulky. Like hello, what skinny jeans get bulky on the thighs? :blink: Luckily I paid only 90$ for mine as they were on sale. But I'd never invest in a pair of J Brands again ever.

Last edited by a moderator:
^
hmm - interesting to see you also have had quality problems with them. I found my fit really nice (it was the only pair of J Brands that ever have) which is why I was sad to lose them but glad to see I'm not the only one.

^ Meg, do you have an Anthro card? Because if you checked out with it, you can return the jeans without a receipt, as the store can look it upon your card.

I have a pair of J Brand jeans but I haven't gotten around to hemming them yet, so I can't tell you how well they hold up.

That's really annoying, Meg.
I have several pairs of J Brands because it's the only pair of jeans I look decent in also from behind :P. I wear them and wash them a lot and never had any problems except some color fading here and there. I actually stopped wearing any other brands. But I only have the 912 and 914 skinny and cigarette leg ones. Don't know about other styles though.

quimby I do have an anthro card and I got it at the time of my purchase, but when I asked the store if having the card would help, they said no. So maybe that system isn't totally functioning yet at the London stores. Thanks for the sympathy everyone :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Meg, you're probably over this by now, but I noticed the other day when I was thrifting a brand-new pair of J Brand jeans, with a large fraying rip on the back, near the middle seam. It looked like it had ripped there, someone had tried to sew it back together, and then it started to rip apart again. So I'm thinking your experience might not be that unusual.

i'm petite and i try to find jeans with a 30 inch inseam to avoid paying 25$ to hem pants and jeans.

can anyone recomend any specific styles of j brand jeans? i already have the houlihans.

lucy, i have the 910 low rise skinny in westpoint twill (army green) and tyro (a dark distressed blue) as well as the houlihans, and all are the perfect length for me (around 29-30")...
it comes in a bunch of different washes/colors in twill and denim...

i've tried on the kris (which is a slouchy skinny) and the length is the same...

I just purchased their "love story" jeans in the petite size. I'm 5'5 so not really petite per se but I heard that the regular size was super long. I was right to order petite - I can still wear with heels - but no alterations needed, the length is perfection. If you are truly petite they'd be too long, but if you're close to my height they're an excellent length.

^love that model!how is the sizing?on some website I read it might be better to take a size up..
Posted via Mobile Device

For me they were tts. I have several pairs of houlihan's in 28 and I purchased 28 petite and they were fine. They do stretch a bit after wear - so I *could* get away with a 27, but the 28's are just fine.

Has anyone bought the cut off shorts? I don't know what size to get! Heeeeeeelp.

J Brand has had some nice coloured skinny jeans this fall. I like the ones that are the blue/green colour.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dima77
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->