Janice Out, Twiggy In on 'Top Model'

Libra Skye18

Reaction score
Janice Out, Twiggy In on 'Top Model'
(Thursday, May 26 03:02 PM)

LOS ANGELES (Zap2it.com) Janice Dickinson often refers to herself as "the world's first supermodel," a fact viewers of "America's Next Top Model" were reminded of pretty much every week when host Tyra Banks introduced Dickinson and the contest's other judges.

So Banks is going to have to do some fancy rhetorical footwork when she introduces Dickinson's replacement next fall. Dickinson is leaving UPN's top-rated show and will be replaced by British fashion icon Twiggy in the show's fifth incarnation, which will premiere in the fall. The network says Dickinson, who hasn't been shy about expressing her occasional dissatisfaction with the show, is departing "to pursue other projects," including a TV production deal and a new book. She'll also be on the next season of VH1's "The Surreal Life."

Another judge, stylist Nole Marin, is also stepping off the "Top Model" runway. He'll be replaced by "Miss" J. Alexander, who has made frequent appearances on the show in the past as the models' runway coach. Banks and photographer Nigel Barker will continue their stint as judges. "We are thrilled to have Twiggy as a part of this cycle's judging panel; the show and participants will benefit a great deal from her vast knowledge and expertise," executive producer Ken Mok says. "With Twiggy and the addition of runway expert J. Alexander as judges, we're guaranteed to have some lively judging sessions." Twiggy (born Leslie Hornby), so nicknamed because of her stick-thin frame, became a fashion icon in the 1960s when she was still a teenager. Her image has graced the covers of pretty much every fashion magazine in the world.

http://tv.zap2it.com/tveditorial/tve_main/1,1002,271|95528|1|,00.html

I had actually, by accident posted this in an already existing thread.:innocent: :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
^^^ It will be indeed something fresh added to the show. But while I don't care for Janice too much either, she did attract viewers with her no holds barred comments. Every show seemingly needs it's very own Simon.

It should be interesting to see how Twiggy will be on the show. Heck, I may actually start tuning in more, like I used to...the last couple seasons of the show have really been doing my head in.

:buzz: :buzz: :buzz:
Oh, my oh my... oh my... Twiggy is, well- one of my idols... I've read her book, had a Twiggy t-shirt made, the works. :lol: :woot: :: must not hyperventilate ::

Twiggy-Please-Get-My-Nam-312745.jpg

Twiggy is stunning, moreso than Janice, and J Alexander is so charasmatic! I'm sure it will still be a great show.
This picture went with the article!!
janicedickinson_americasnexttopmodel4_240_003.jpg

I heard about this on the radio. Yeah Twiggy!

i think almost everyone has heard of twiggy. how many know about janice dickinson?

first super model..huh?

that always bothered me

It was almost as if Tyra was mocking Janice at times like when she said 'The first model ever in exsistence etc...'

i'm really going to miss janice, but i am glad that miss j is replacing nole because he was really boring!

janice was the only one who had real points, and reasons for who she chose.......she was funny too. i also liked how she wasnt scared to tell models the truth without sugarcoating, definetly preps them for the future.

Goodness, Twiggy seems like a mouse...I dont expect any great fights or insults this season, now unless there is a one legged asylum seeker there's no reason to watch.

I loved how Nole and Janice would fight. "A fat, homosexual carrying a little dog" That was hilarious.

my favorite janice moment - 'i'm fat, you're fat, everybody's fat.'

Janice was the Simon of ANTM.

In the last season did anyone realize that Tyra kept saying, "ONE of the first supermodels..." so much that Janice stopped correcting her. :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SnakePlissken
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->